Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
In response to the ongoing issue, the North American PC/Mac megaserver is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance. https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656543/temporarily-taking-down-the-pts-the-pc-na-live-server

Does my class suck, or what?

DeLaVega86
DeLaVega86
✭✭
in all mmos i've played i've been very good, and often among the very top.
i checked the latest solo-spec guide for my stamina nightblade and followed it, apart from the gear sets, as i am still 43.

it takes me 10 times longer to kill mobs than anyone else around me. i'm not kidding.
and some mob groups i cant even handle, and die. in caves and such.

meanwhile, i see all those wardens and sorcerers just charging into groups of 5 or more, and killing them all in 5 seconds, without a scratch.
what the actual [snip]?

any opinions and suggestions?
thanks for your time.

[Minor Edit for Censor Bypass]
Edited by Psiion on May 23, 2020 1:46AM
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Lower levels as a stamblade are BRUTAL. You won't start seeing a noticable difference until you hit CP 160, then CP 300, then so on. The passives and the gear make a huge difference for stamblades in this game, I think more than any other class.

Also, if you are seeing a "Level 30" lay waste to everything, they might not be a true Level 30. It could be an alternate character on an account that has a CP 810+ character already on it. As CP can be applied at Level 1, someone could be the same level as you, but be way stronger because they are fully spec'd on their CP
  • x48rph
    x48rph
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, first off , even if those wardens and sorcs appear to be low level, they could still have 810cp since cp is account wide and can be used on new characters. That gives them quite a boost in damage and mitigation

Second, stamina nightblade imo has a higher learning curve and is much more focused on single target damage so not a lot of options to nuke mobs like you see others doing. It makes them harder to master when your just starting out.

That being said, don't be afraid to utilized the tools your given, dipping in and out of combat at will is a stamblade's bread and butter. Hit a couple, cloak/shade away, pop back in and hit them again. Mobility is your best friend.

Other than that the cp difference I mentioned is probably why others seem to have it so much easier. Just hang in there, it gets better.

• RavenLake
    RavenLake
    ✭✭✭
    Stamblades require a bit more strategy to play, and lack most crowd control abilities. Stay mobile, use your bow (Endless Hail helps alot), use poisons and learn to weave. They can be very strong in time.
  • DeLaVega86
    DeLaVega86
    ✭✭
    thanks guys.
    i didnt know CP is account wide :smiley:
    that explains a lot.
  • NyassaV
    NyassaV
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    At lower level you have basically no healing on stambalde so that can make questing and stuff rather brutal. All you have is killer's blade and then you can use strife for a bit of extra regen but even then it isn't a lot.
    Flawless Conqueror ~ Grand Overlord
    She/Her ~ PC/NA | I record things for fun and for info
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you are using dual wield, it might be worth using the healing morphs of twin slashes or flurry. Those aren't ideal, but they'll help keep you alive while dealing decent damage.

Eventually you'll probably want to consider doing PVP long enough to unlock Vigor, a good heal that scales with stamina.
  • deleted221106-002999
    deleted221106-002999
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Alternatively, level as magicka as all the skills, self-heals etc are mostly magicka then switch to stam once you hit 50th/c160/have vigor.
  • jadarock
    jadarock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stamblade is super strong single target but you need to be incredibly precise. It is both the most fun and the most frustrating char to play in my stable.

Do yourself a favor and level a warden or necro

:trollface: zos
    Edited by jadarock on May 19, 2020 11:08PM
  • Mudguard
    Mudguard
    ✭✭
    I don't know if this your first character, but are you using food? You can easily get blue stam/health food from the battleground vendor in your starter city.
  • DeLaVega86
    DeLaVega86
    ✭✭
    Mudguard wrote: »
    I don't know if this your first character, but are you using food? You can easily get blue stam/health food from the battleground vendor in your starter city.

i usually just sell or destroy any food i make. cause its A LOT :D

but i have been saving those ESO-Plus foods that i get, for max level.

• zvavi
    zvavi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You don't have a heal, try doing some cyrodil or battlegrounds for vigor, then you can use hail on group of mobs, vigor, spin to win x 4 (don't remember the real name), vigor, spin to win x 4. Should be enough to kill mobs in overland with any build.
    Good advices here were food buff, since max health=survivability, and max stamina=more damage (literally, it scales from max stamina) I will also add that good armor is nice, try joining a social guild and ask someone to craft you training gear (with Max stam enchantments). Should buff u enough. Especially for battlegrounds that have CP disabled.

Edit:
    hail=endless hail
    Spin to win=whirling blades.
    Edited by zvavi on May 22, 2020 7:23AM
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DeLaVega86 wrote: »
    Mudguard wrote: »

i usually just sell or destroy any food i make. cause its A LOT :D

but i have been saving those ESO-Plus foods that i get, for max level.

You want to use food/drink to buff your health and stamina, even at low levels. The login rewards are great because they scale to your level, as does the stamina-oriented drink Dubious Camoran Throne that you can buy from guild vendors. I wouldn't worry about saving them for higher levels, and any food/drink buff is better than none.

YMMV, but my SO found that food improved the durability of their Stamblade by a mile.
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeh, champion points being account wide is probably why you see low levels demolishing stuff. Plus, experience.

Also, stam nightblade has rubbish class based heals. Either pick up a 2h weapon and get Momentum (morph to rally), or get vigor.

Vigor will require you to PvP. You will get demolished. You'll have no heals and no champion points. But, see it as a necessary pain. Go there, lfg in zone chat and just join a zerg.

You'll need to get 100k alliance points (there about), so it will be a grind. But I think the double alliance point event should be soon, so will be a great time to do so.

What gear and skills are you using?
  • SpiritofESO
    SpiritofESO
    ✭✭✭
    DeLaVega86 wrote: »
    thanks guys.
    i didnt know CP is account wide :smiley:
    that explains a lot.

I finally got around to making a second character -- a Templar -- who, to my surprise, started with all the CP that my Wood Elf Nightblade earned with such effort ... and is still earning (just under 600 CP now).

My High Elf Templar is like a force of nature who, as you say, wades into groups of mobs and destroys them, completes Delves and Public Solo Dungeons , etc., then switches to the back bar and with Resto Staff heals beautifully in Group Dungeons. She is both beauty and the beast, an angel to friends, a demon to enemies. :-D Sorry, I wax poetic. ;-D

My Nightblade -- with almost 600 CP is good, even very good, but her awesome DPS output is tempered by squishiness. Siphoning skills and the PvP Assault skill "Resolving Vigor" (a big quick HoT) and other goodies make her formidable and fun.

By the way, for groups of mobs ---> Whirling Blades! (Morph -- does 100% more damage to enemies under 50% health. It's like: whirl, whirl, whirl -- all DEAD! :-D

(Use the Dual Wield line with morphs to do damage+self-heals, and add Siphoning skills (more self healing) for more survivability. Use Assassination and Shadow -- also you can use Two-Hand skills -- for more damage but less self-healing.)

Do ALL of your skill lines and gobble up all the passives you can. Think of your Nightblade as "running the gauntlet." Nightblade is NOT easy-mode, but it definitely a training-wheels-off learning experience.
    • ~ PS NA ~ ALDMERI DOMINION ~
    • IVY GOLDBLADE, WOOD ELF NIGHTBLADE, Former Empress
    • IVY GOLDBLAZE, HIGH ELF TEMPLAR
    • "Adapt or Die"
  • SpiritofESO
    SpiritofESO
    ✭✭✭
    By the way, go to the Clockwork City Outlaws Refuge and do the Recipe Quest to get "Spring-Loaded Infusion."

This is a tri-stat food buff with NO level requirement and is nearly as good as the best purple tri-stat CP level foods.

Your beginning level or lower level characters can acquire and USE this wonderful buff recipe! :-D

~~~

It starts like this:

"Brengolin, the cook in Slag Town, needs some assistance in creating some unconventional cuisine and I have agreed to lend him a hand."

To complete these quests, you will need access to Slag Town Outlaws Refuge (Clockwork City DLC).
    • ~ PS NA ~ ALDMERI DOMINION ~
    • IVY GOLDBLADE, WOOD ELF NIGHTBLADE, Former Empress
    • IVY GOLDBLAZE, HIGH ELF TEMPLAR
    • "Adapt or Die"