The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Skill Points via Battlegrounds?

Atherakhia
Atherakhia
✭✭✭✭
One of the advantages to Cyrodiil is that players get a skill point for their alliance rank. Is there any feasible way to introduce a similar mechanic to battlegrounds? Even if it's just as simple as purchasing skill points with an exponential cost increase?

• MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You still get alliance rank by playing BGs, just not as fast as you can farming AP in Cyro. But you'll still get skill points, however slowly.
    “There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.”
  • Atherakhia
    Atherakhia
    ✭✭✭✭
    It must be incredibly slow. I'll have to keep track of how much I'm actually gaining. But it doesn't appear to be enough to make a difference.
  • wheem_ESO
    wheem_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ranks are increased by gaining AP, and AP gain is typically faster in Cyrodiil. This is especially true when compared to high MMR Battleground matches that frequently last the full 15 minute duration. At the end of that 15 minutes you'll gain between 7k and 12k AP, depending on whether your team was 1st, 2nd, or 3rd place, no matter how many kills did or did not happen.

If you're mostly after AP and Alliance Rank, Cyrodiil is the way to go. For fun-factor, though, it's BGs all the way for me...Cyrodiil is exceptionally boring.
  • Atherakhia
    Atherakhia
    ✭✭✭✭
    The reason I made this thread was specifically because you can't actually play in Cyrodiil. It's effectively a afk chatroom with a perpetual powerpoint presentation being played showing of your slow, eventual death to something that happened 30 seconds ago.

In the face of horrendous lag that the developers seem to have no real interest or care to resolve, it would be nice if they were more flexible in giving players different avenues to gain respectable amounts of AP and rank.
  • MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Atherakhia wrote: »
    The reason I made this thread was specifically because you can't actually play in Cyrodiil. It's effectively a afk chatroom with a perpetual powerpoint presentation being played showing of your slow, eventual death to something that happened 30 seconds ago.

In the face of horrendous lag that the developers seem to have no real interest or care to resolve, it would be nice if they were more flexible in giving players different avenues to gain respectable amounts of AP and rank.

Just go to an empty campaign, get your delve buff, and solo flip some resources. It'll be consistent AP, and definitely faster than BG AP gains.
    “There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.”