Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Looking for gear help

Castagere
Castagere
✭✭✭✭✭
Ok, so I made a Redguard stamina bear warden and having a blast with him. He is level 35 now and I want to use two pieces of heavy armor but don't know what to use. Any help would be great. I tried to find some on the AH but nothing at that level yet.
  • Rory_FightingToFifty
    Your question is a little confusing, but let’s see if we can get you sorted. There are two questions here - which pieces of armor to use, and which sets to use.

The first part (which pieces) is just a minor note for those who want max benefits from their setups. Three of the body pieces offer more armor than the other four. The “big” slots are chest, legs...and I forget the third, either shoulders or feet. You can tell by looking at the armor rating at any craft station for items of the same level, it’ll be obvious when you compare side by side. The point here is that you want your heavy pieces to be from the three big slots because you get more of an armor boost than you would from a heavy belt.

The second issue is which sets to use. This is more complicated.

Drop sets are always heavy or medium or light, no mixing of weights. So you can’t get the powerful 5th item bonus if you only wear two heavies, the best you can do is two armor pieces and two weapons. Or you put on a third heavy piece, then forego the bonus for wearing five mediums...also not recommended. Plus, nobody sells lower level drop sets in guild stores any more, so you’d have to farm it yourself.

Your best bet, therefore, on a lower level character is to use crafted sets. You can customize these to get a 5/5/2 setup in terms of sets, and you can use whatever armor weights you want on each piece.

I wouldn’t stress on a low level which sets to use, really any two decent stam sets will serve you well. Hundings is a core stam set. The second could be night silence, new moon acolyte, morkuldin, eternal hunt, shacklebreaker, etc.

There are always tons of players willing to craft for free or a modest to tip. Use guild chat to find a crafter, or go to the hang out areas and use zone chat.
  • Castagere
    Castagere
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hello Rory_FightingToFifty
    Sorry, I did not mention what I'm looking for. I want a shoulder and greeves heavy pieces that boost either health or stamina. I just do overworld quest and story quest. Map completion is a big thing for me. I get into delves and public delves too. I haven't really seen a lot of sets drop yet.
  • zvavi
    zvavi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Step 1:
    Get into a social guild.
    Step 2:
    get the to craft you gear
    Step 3:
    Profit
  • JKorr
    JKorr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    There is no single one world auction house, thank the Divines.

There are a lot of crafters in the guild. Check some sites like uesp.net to check on which crafted sets you might want. Ask a crafter to make the gear you want. You might have to come up with the mats.
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    PVP or PVE? Because in PVE you want 5 pieces of medium for the stamina bonus, and usually the full 7 when you hit CP 160. You can get better health numbers from food and glyphs than sacrificing the 5-piece stamina boost.

However, you can level up the light and heavy skill lines to the point you get relevant bonuses you can use without actually wearing the armor later on. As in wear heavy now, sub-level 50, when your damage is trash anyway. Then when you hit the higher levels, the heavy passives bonuses will be in effect while you wear all medium armor
  • Castagere
    Castagere
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the replies guys. I found a really great crafter ingame and he hooked me up rather nicely.