The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

View Character - Tooltip for Food Buff Shows Zero Values (No Name For Food)

Shadowshire
Shadowshire
✭✭✭✭
@ZOS_BillE @ZOS_Wrobel Playing TESO with a PC on the NA megaserver:

While my character was fighting, it became evident that his Health was insufficient -- although it should have been high enough for the fight in which he was engaged. He was killed twice. When I checked View Character after the second fight, the values for its buff were displayed on the tooltip as zero -- which is shown in the following image:

500m3gwd87py.png

Curiously, the food which he consumed is not named. Consuming "Braised Rabbit with Spring Vegetables" again produced the same outcome shown above. Reloading the UI did not change anything, and I did not log-out to Character Select and choose the same character again. *

After the character consumed a different food, the values for its buffs were displayed as non-zero amounts on the View Character tooltip for it:

x16y4ptonn8g.png

What is up with this? I have never seen this bug before, nor can I recall any report of it, although I don't follow the Bug Report forum as much as I did before the COVID-19 pandemic began. I have no idea as to when the bug became evident, but in the past "Braised Rabbit with Spring Vegetables" had non-zero values for its buffs.

EDIT:
  1. The Paper Doll Statistics list -- which is displayed along the left edge of the HUD when I access the character's Bags -- displays values for current Maximum Health and Maximum Stamina which are consistent with the values of zero that are shown on the View Character tooltip for those food buffs. That is, consuming the food has no effect on the character's Maximum Health and/or Maximum Stamina, and/or upon Health Recovery and/or Stamina Recovery.
  2. As far as I know, originally the View Character line for the food/beverage buff did not contain the name of the item which was consumed. Now, evidently, the name of the consumed item is sometimes added to the line to disclose the source of the buff -- i.e. at least for some foods and, perhaps, beverages. Also, the name of the consumed item sometimes appears on the View Character tooltip, else it just lists the attributes which the item affects.

ADDENDUM:

* When Ace Adeya consumes "Braised Rabbit with Spring Vegetables", currently the View Character tooltip also displays zeros for its buffs and the name of the food is omitted, as shown for the first character (Ace Gokh) above. When Ace Adeya consumes "Bewitched Sugar Skulls", the View Character tooltip displays non-zero values for its buffs, and the name of the food is included -- as shown above for Ace Gokh.

However, when Ace Adeya consumes "Bravil's Best Beet Risotto" (which buffs only Stamina), the View Character tooltip displays zero values for its buff, and the name of the food is omitted, as shown in this image:

iaaq3kzk6a5y.png

When Ace Adeya consumes "Crown Fortifying Meal" (which buffs three attributes), the View Character tooltip displays non-zero values for its buffs, but not the name of the food which was consumed, as shown in this screenshot:

pdkjcorzzr47.png

Go figure.

Edited by Shadowshire on May 14, 2020 11:46PM
--- Shadowshire .......... ESO Plus on PC NA with Windows 7 Pro SP1

nil carborundum illegitimi