The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

QOL: Stacking Craftable Equipment

jpl7340
jpl7340
✭✭✭
I’m sure this has been discussed before (I simply couldn’t find the thread), but I believe it’s worth bringing up again:

I would like the community’s opinion on allowing players to stack identical copies of crafting writ items.

Currently, smithing, woodworking, clothier and enchanting crafted items are not able to be stacked. This causes the player to craft the items every time they log in to complete writs, for every character completing writs.

I currently have 12 characters doing writs regularly, but recently stopped for several weeks due to the time-consuming nature of the task (about 1hr 30min if I’m focused).

Crafting is an essential aspect of ESO, and contributes heavily toward the overall economy. Thus, I believe that minimizing the time needed to complete the task will benefit the game as a whole. For example: more gold mats available, potentially at lower prices, due to more being available.

Another alternative would be to allow crafters to stow these repeatable quest items in their crafting bag.
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jpl7340 wrote: »
    I’m sure this has been discussed before (I simply couldn’t find the thread), but I believe it’s worth bringing up again:

I would like the community’s opinion on allowing players to stack identical copies of crafting writ items.

Currently, smithing, woodworking, clothier and enchanting crafted items are not able to be stacked. This causes the player to craft the items every time they log in to complete writs, for every character completing writs.

I currently have 12 characters doing writs regularly, but recently stopped for several weeks due to the time-consuming nature of the task (about 1hr 30min if I’m focused).

Crafting is an essential aspect of ESO, and contributes heavily toward the overall economy. Thus, I believe that minimizing the time needed to complete the task will benefit the game as a whole. For example: more gold mats available, potentially at lower prices, due to more being available.

Another alternative would be to allow crafters to stow these repeatable quest items in their crafting bag.

While I agree on the premise, and it would certainly be nice. I believe there are issues with equipment stacking due to "damage" they can take, so they need each item to be separate from one another, so they can differentiate between the different items in the database.

Glyphs on the other hand, I don't know why those don't stack, since they are exactly the same.
    Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    The Unchained - Bedlam's Disciple - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
    61,215 achievement points
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the reason why Glyphs don't stack is they can lose charge in use. Of course, they can only lose charge when applied to a weapon. But maybe there is no way to differentiate the different kinds of glyphs in the database.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• jpl7340
    jpl7340
    ✭✭✭
    tmbrinks wrote: »

While I agree on the premise, and it would certainly be nice. I believe there are issues with equipment stacking due to "damage" they can take, so they need each item to be separate from one another, so they can differentiate between the different items in the database.

Glyphs on the other hand, I don't know why those don't stack, since they are exactly the same.

A very valid point. One I had not considered, thank you for that. How about this for a possible solution:

At each crafting station, create a new tab. We’ll label this tab “Crafting Writs”. In this tab will be the option to create an item that can be asked for in that craft’s daily writ. The items that are required to fulfill the current writ in your quest log will be highlighted. Creating an item in this particular tab will go directly to your quest items, and will not be available to equip. These items can stack up to, say, 200.
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I have noticed that when I accidentally crafted the wrong item for a daily writ and left it in my character’s inventory for when it came up again, the quest did not recognize it.

I don’t think this is what you mean by stacking, but it sounds like making them ahead of time wouldn’t work.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• kringled_1
    kringled_1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I have noticed that when I accidentally crafted the wrong item for a daily writ and left it in my character’s inventory for when it came up again, the quest did not recognize it.

I don’t think this is what you mean by stacking, but it sounds like making them ahead of time wouldn’t work.

I'm not sure what happened there, but you can absolutely make items ahead of time. I usually do 3 days worth at once. Inventory space is the limiting factor.
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kringled_1 wrote: »

I'm not sure what happened there, but you can absolutely make items ahead of time. I usually do 3 days worth at once. Inventory space is the limiting factor.

They do have to be made on the character that turns them in. So if you mistakenly made something on one character and banked it to use on another it won't work.

The exception is for potions and food, those can be made by anybody and turned in for writs
    Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    The Unchained - Bedlam's Disciple - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
    61,215 achievement points
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I did leave them on the same character that crafted them. I had to make another for the writ anyway. I sell them now when that happens.

Interesting to find that no one else has that problem. Probably because I’m on console. Still waiting for them to stop the rain inside my houses.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    tmbrinks wrote: »

It makes sense that the wear and tear on armor would require each piece to have it's own unique identifier preventing it from stacking. Goot point.

As Nestor pointe out, Glyphs probably have the same issue since they experience wear and tear on weapons. I doubt Zos has created two different subsets of glyphs in the db for armor enchantments.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Odd. I have accidentally crafted more glyphs than I needed for a writ. When that glyph came back up in rotation it used the one I previously crafted. For glyphs, it only works on the character that crafted it. Food and potions will work on all characters regardless of who crafted it.
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Still waiting for them to stop the rain inside my houses.

I sent a ticket to ZOS a while back regarding the issue/bug of raining inside some structures. Result: no replies, no actions taken...

"Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
    • Sons of the Night Mother [PS5][EU] 2165 CP
    • Daggerfall's Mightiest [PS5][NA] 1910 CP
    • SweetTrolls [PC][EU] 1950 CP
    • Bacon Rats [PC][NA] 1850 CP
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Still waiting for them to stop the rain inside my houses.

I sent a ticket to ZOS a while back regarding the issue/bug of raining inside some structures. Result: no replies, no actions taken...

A thread somewhere here on ESO forums had a reply from ZOS saying it would be in a future update, hopefully that is Greymoor but we will have to wait and see. Consoles don’t get nearly as many updates as PC.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA