The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Sprint doesn't always activate.

Alether
Alether
✭✭
I'm noticing recently that quite often when I press my sprint key, nothing happens and I have to release it and press it again in order to activate sprint. At first I thought I had a hardware issue with my keyboard, but after some testing I realized that the game does in fact recognize I have the shift key held (ie. if I press enter and start typing it's all caps), but sprint is not being activated until I release it and press it again. It's happening most frequently after combat and/or looting. I'll press and hold sprint and nothing will happen until I release it and press it again. It's not every time, but it's often enough to be very annoying.
  • Destai
    Destai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Can confirm this happens on PS4 as well. I have to press the button multiple times.
  • jadarock
    jadarock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Every skill in the game is like this for me atm
  • Alether
    Alether
    ✭✭
    Yeah, now that I'm aware of this happening, I'm starting to notice it more and more elsewhere. Sometimes, when I press interact on a door, nothing happens and I have to press it a second time. Sometimes abilities won't fire when I press the button. In the past, I always just assumed user error, as I'm still learning my rotation, but now I'm starting to realize that the game seems to be just randomly ignoring the occasional input.
  • GarethDav
    GarethDav
    ✭✭
    I also have had the issue with Sprint not working as the original poster described.

It will randomly just stop working to sprint. Other keys still act fine. If I remap Sprint from Shift to another key, it still does not work. I have also tried /reloadui and that does not work. The only workaround I have found is to logout and then log back in. Happens in both Cyrodil and outside Cyrodil.
  • Creeper
    Creeper
    ✭✭✭
    I had been experiencing this sprint bug since Harrowstorm DLC and I had been waiting for a patch to fix this problem but it looks like no one had reported on this bug before. I thought it would be fixed with Greymoor but the bug is still there.

I play on PC with an Xbox Controller and I have to press the sprint button multiple times to sprint, its really annoying.
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ESO regresses each patch in terms of combat and game performance :unamused: Anytime you hear ZOS is “reworking” something, whether it’s block, or sprint.... you can expect it to be worse off.
  • Kwoung
    Kwoung
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Same here, have to click doors numerous times (I thought I was standing in the wrong spot) and sprint doesn't activate, which is very noticeable when wearing cowards gear.
  • Scrollup
    Scrollup
    ✭✭✭
    This is one of few frustrating thing about ESO. I also experience sprint not responding...

On a side note:

I play on gamepad on PC and i feel gamepad user are disadvantage when using sprint because we have to press it again if we move left and then right vice versa cause once you move left after making a right you lose sprint and have to press the sprint button again. It's so maddening frustrating to me compared to keyboard because I am not able to efficiently dodge and move away from aim sight during PVP.

Gamepad should be able to just hold the sprint button rather than pressing and depressing it!! Ugh.. another *** choice by ZOS i hope gets fixed soon!
  • UntilValhalla13
    UntilValhalla13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    On PS4, you sometimes have to click the stick exactly 3 times to get it to work. That's really bad when you're trying to run a core in vcr portals.
  • Smitch_59
    Smitch_59
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same problem here on Xbox, both while trying to sprint on foot as well as when mounted. I often have to click it 3 or 4 times to get it to work.
    By Azura, by Azura, by Azura!
  • Avoranti
    Avoranti
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’ve been having this issue on PS4 but a lot longer than any recent update. Was happening before Greymoor dropped.
  • Aurrynthea_Drake
    Aurrynthea_Drake
    ✭✭✭
    Same here, all of a sudden random actions stop working. This is not the usual crap we see in cyro but now happening more often in pve. It seems that every day the game breaks a little bit more.

Only fix I have found is exiting the game & relogging in - great eso now requires to "ctrl+alt+del" to fix

Most likely cause is over subscription of their useless EU megaservers.
    Edited by Aurrynthea_Drake on October 24, 2020 10:54PM
    Magic does not die. It merely sleeps until called forth into the world again.
    PC EU (PvE)(ex PvP)
  • Casdha
    Casdha
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had this happen about a week ago but it did not work at all on foot or while mounted. I had to relog to get it to work again.

It should be noted that when my sprint was not working and I got on my mount, the mount's stamina was at 50% like I had been riding a lot even though I hadn't. When I relogged the mount's stamina was back to 100%
    Proud member of the Psijic Order - The first wave - The 0.016%

• the1andonlyskwex
    the1andonlyskwex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had sprint stop working for about 15 minutes straight last night. I thought the L3 button on my PS4 controller had died. It eventually started working again, but I hadn't yet decided if it was a problem with the game or my controller until I saw this thread.

I've also had issues with all abilities not working or magicka abilities costing stamina, but I think those are separate problems because bar swapping and/or dodge rolling usually fix them.