The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Upgraded jewellery from epic to legendary and stats didn’t change

ZiggyC
ZiggyC
✭✭
Hi Guys,

I just spent a small fortune upgrading a piece of jewellery from epic to legendary. Before upgrading, it showed a slight increase in my set bonus and I went ahead. Once complete I noticed my stats hadn’t changed at all. I checked the set bonus and it’s still showing the epic (purple) numbers on the gold piece. When I unequip it, the legendary (gold) numbers that it should have increased to show on the piece. When I try equipping it again, it drops to the epic numbers. Has anyone else experienced this?

I can’t seem to find any info on why this would happen. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
  • ZiggyC
    ZiggyC
    ✭✭
    Sorry forgot to add, I play on the PS4 on the EU server.

Thanks.
  • Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are all the set items gold? If not, it will average out the stats to fit what you have. So if you have 3 of 5 items gold then gold out the 4th, there may not be any stat change until you gold out the 5th.
  • ZiggyC
    ZiggyC
    ✭✭
    Ackwalan wrote: »
    Are all the set items gold? If not, it will average out the stats to fit what you have. So if you have 3 of 5 items gold then gold out the 4th, there may not be any stat change until you gold out the 5th.

Thanks for your reply! Yes, 2 of the 5 pieces in that set were already gold. This was the 3rd piece I was upgrading. I didn’t know it averaged it out, I thought I would get the stats shown on the upgrade screen. I wouldn’t have gone ahead if I knew that was the case, I won’t be able to afford to upgrade the remaining pieces. Oh well, live and learn! Lol.
  • Nanfoodle
    Nanfoodle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZiggyC wrote: »
    Ackwalan wrote: »

Thanks for your reply! Yes, 2 of the 5 pieces in that set were already gold. This was the 3rd piece I was upgrading. I didn’t know it averaged it out, I thought I would get the stats shown on the upgrade screen. I wouldn’t have gone ahead if I knew that was the case, I won’t be able to afford to upgrade the remaining pieces. Oh well, live and learn! Lol.

Its worth upgrading, take your time and dont rush. If you do your writs daily, takes a few mins, you will get all you need to upgrade and earn lots of gold doing so.