The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Being feared into things (like staircases) and being stuck there

pat_augustine
pat_augustine
✭✭
This happens somewhat frequently. I am fighting a mob that has a fear (such as in Wayrest Sewers I (Ulagarg the Hungry) and he casts his very common fear, and I break and go back to the fight and he does this multiple times during the fight and one of those times I get feared into some bit of surrounding modeling. In todays case it was the staircase. In City of Ash it's usually one of those statues. And I cannot get out. /stuck doesn't work. Porting doesn't work. Travel to Player doesn't work. Each and every one of those things either does nothing or (as today) logs me out to the login screen. Which, by the way, is another thing that doesn't work, as when I log back in I'm STILL stuck in the staircase unable to move. The only thing that eventually worked was dropping group and waiting for the game to toss me out. We spent a good 30 minutes trying everything we could think of to get unstuck.

And this happens a LOT. Apparently if you are under some sort of crowd control you can move through the geometry but as soon as you are NOT under crowd control you cannot. Can we please get a programmer to FIX that? I realize they are trying to make the fear so you can't just stand with your back to a statue or something, but please please please take out the code that allows you to travel into geometry. You could add a randomized turn if you wanted, to replace it, so you run in yet another random direction instead of just stopping, but getting stuck in geometry with no way out is incredibly frustrating. Especially when you end up logging out and back in multiple times and are STILL stuck.