The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

"Requesting character load" - For over 5 mins

nk125x
nk125x
✭✭✭✭✭
@ZOS_GinaBruno , @ZOS_JessicaFolsom

Your server is broke as usual after maintenance.

Guess game going to be unplayable tonight

• Naftal
    Naftal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The login server is overloaded with all the people trying to login at the same time right now.
  • Sirvandal
    Sirvandal
    ✭✭✭
    Same EU PC. Again into the rabit hole!
  • Indoril_Nerevar
    Indoril_Nerevar
    ✭✭✭
    nk125x wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno , @ZOS_JessicaFolsom

Your server is broke as usual after maintenance.

Guess game going to be unplayable tonight

You know that joke

"Yo mama so fat, when she jumped in the air - the server broke?"

Okay, I made a bit of a twist there at the end.

Maybe your character needs to lose a 'load'. Quit breaking our servers.

• Valabrog
    Valabrog
    ✭✭✭
    Actually I suffer longer than usual login "requesting character" period after last week 10 hour "maintenance".
  • Silaf
    Silaf
    ✭✭✭✭
    Same here. Infinite character load on EU server.
  • pdeb360
    pdeb360
    ✭✭
    Same here
  • Ufretin
    Ufretin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same here (PC EU). Another monday, another "performance improvement"...
  • Trowie_UK
    Trowie_UK
    Probably because....

• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 11, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
  • tambo.01b16_ESO
    tambo.01b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I'm seeing the same issue. 2-3 minutes to log a character in.
    PC - EU
  • joerginger
    joerginger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ditto here
  • Anhedonie
    Anhedonie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    20 minutes*
    Profanity filter is a crime against the freedom of speech. Also gags.
  • The_Old_Goat
    The_Old_Goat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thousands of people all trying to log in at the same time and you want to blame the server?
  • CyrusAntivirus
    Thousands of people all trying to log in at the same time and you want to blame the server?

YES
  • nk125x
    nk125x
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Am expecting the Red Banner "We will begin investigating the problem some of you plebs are having when we get back from our extended lunch break"
  • Gythral
    Gythral
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

And...

Is this not what is expected ???
    “Be as a tower, that, firmly set,
    Shakes not its top for any blast that blows!”
    Dante Alighieri, The Divine Comedy
  • daemonios
    daemonios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

There's always some excuse for bad performance, isn't there? Yeah, my heart weeps for ZOS' success. In the mean time, sub is still cancelled and Greymoor is still not purchased.
  • nk125x
    nk125x
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno, @ZOS_BillE , @ZOS_KaiSchober , @ZOS_AntonioP , @ZOS_JessicaFolsom

YOUR SERVERS HAVE A PROBLEM - WHY DOES THIS ALWAYS HAPPEN AFTER A MAINTENANCE!!!!
  • Lady_Linux
    Lady_Linux
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Infinite character loading screens only to be logged out due to inactivity? How can i be logged out before i finish logging in?
    Edited by Lady_Linux on May 11, 2020 3:21PM
    I simply must protest. There are no Penguin avatars for me to use in the forums.

BTW, I use arch too
  • Gythral
    Gythral
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    nk125x wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno, @ZOS_BillE , @ZOS_KaiSchober , @ZOS_AntonioP , @ZOS_JessicaFolsom

YOUR SERVERS HAVE A PROBLEM - WHY DOES THIS ALWAYS HAPPEN AFTER A MAINTENANCE!!!!

I can aswer this, but publishing that info would get me banned :wink:
    “Be as a tower, that, firmly set,
    Shakes not its top for any blast that blows!”
    Dante Alighieri, The Divine Comedy
  • RaggaBomb
    RaggaBomb
    ✭✭
    Same for me here
  • LeglessUK
    LeglessUK
    ✭✭✭
    Another maintenance, another long and painful day, trying to logon and play :(
  • frozzzen101
    frozzzen101
    ✭✭✭✭
    Those were hireling times between character load when I checked it.

1 min ago
    14 min ago
    22 min ago
    31 min ago

With 5 min loadtime on first character, that average 9 min/char to log in. And obviously zone chats are filled with comments related to long loading times.

Fix this *** already.
  • Sarannah
    Sarannah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Fifteen minutes for loading one character... many to go for the dailies :neutral:
  • Nanfoodle
    Nanfoodle
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This, like any online service like ESO. There is a server just for logging in. Its overwhelmed as everyone tries to log in at once.
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It feels almost like a "hidden queue" to try to minimize the pounding on the login IP.
  • Linaleah
    Linaleah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    logged into US with no issues. trying EU.. for like 4th time now.

keep being "timed out due to inactivity" while on requesting character load.

sigh...
    dirty worthless casual.
    Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself. Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the ***
    Lois McMaster Bujold "A Civil Campaign"
  • Lady_Linux
    Lady_Linux
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nanfoodle wrote: »

This, like any online service like ESO. There is a server just for logging in. Its overwhelmed as everyone tries to log in at once.

If the servers cant handle logging people in then it is def time to stop buying chapters.

If Zeni can't be bothered to invest money into their game, then why should anyone else?
    Edited by Lady_Linux on May 11, 2020 3:30PM
    I simply must protest. There are no Penguin avatars for me to use in the forums.

BTW, I use arch too
  • stefan.gustavsonb16_ESO
    stefan.gustavsonb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is worse than ever. It's been an hour since the server came back online, and every character load still takes several minutes.
  • shack80
    shack80
    ✭✭✭
    Xbox worked fine, pc eu not. Cant be bothered, ill try again tomorrow.