Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Is ESO on PS4 pro, 30 FPS or 60 FPS?

Justwondering
Justwondering
✭✭
I already own the game on PC, but considering playing on PS4 too.

Is the game 30 or 60 FPS on PS4 pro?
  • Berenhir
    Berenhir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I already own the game on PC, but considering playing on PS4 too.

Is the game 30 or 60 FPS on PS4 pro?

12fps
    PC EU - Ebonheart Pact - Gray Host - Death Recap -#zergfarming -
  • Unfadingsilence
    Unfadingsilence
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You won't see 60 fps on console you will see 30 IF and thats a big if you are lucky normals around 5-20 in its current state
  • SgtSilock
    SgtSilock
    ✭✭✭✭
    30fps if you're lucky, and you should stay away at all costs. Invest in the PC version if you can.
  • Ruder
    Ruder
    ✭✭✭✭
    Save money for PS5, it will be 60 -120 fps with unlocked framerate and freesync
  • SgtSilock
    SgtSilock
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ruder wrote: »

And then there will be no excuse to not allow cross save play. Wait, there's no excuse at the minute.
  • terrordactyl1971
    terrordactyl1971
    ✭✭✭✭
    Most of the time it is a solid 30 fps on my PS4. It can dip occasionally though
  • WoppaBoem
    WoppaBoem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    3 fps on most occasions atm
    Xbox EU & NA - PVP Only
  • AgaTheGreat
    AgaTheGreat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's 30 fps when you're not moving :D Drops down to sub 20 in all group instances.
    PS4 EU Aga_The_Grey - retired | PC EU AgaTheGreat
  • AgaTheGreat
    AgaTheGreat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SgtSilock wrote: »

And then there will be no excuse to not allow cross save play. Wait, there's no excuse at the minute.

Why would you want crossplay? There's literally no point in it. The population is healthy and because of differences between platforms it would be unfair to people.
    PS4 EU Aga_The_Grey - retired | PC EU AgaTheGreat
  • Nemesis7884
    Nemesis7884
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    arent consoles - at least current iteration - 30 fps by default for anything?

will that really change for next gen?
  • Nemesis7884
    Nemesis7884
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Why would you want crossplay? There's literally no point in it. The population is healthy and because of differences between platforms it would be unfair to people.

why would that be unfair? this isn't a shooter... i play with gamepad on pc myself...crossplay would be good - more stable and healthy population secured for a longer time...
  • Kalante
    Kalante
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    30 fps picking up flowers
    30 fps RP'ing
    30 fps fishing
    30 fps opening crown crates
    30 fps doll house simulator
    30 fps questing
    29 fps running on mount
    10 fps end game trials
    -999999999 fps cyrodiil PvP
    Edited by Kalante on May 11, 2020 10:05AM
  • Unfadingsilence
    Unfadingsilence
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    arent consoles - at least current iteration - 30 fps by default for anything?

will that really change for next gen?

Its been at least a year or more on console since anyone has seen anything close to 30 fps for this game
  • SgtSilock
    SgtSilock
    ✭✭✭✭

So it would be unfair to allow us to access our saves on each platform? I am not saying PC play with console, but at least let us carry on with our progress on either server with the same character.
  • CAB_Life
    CAB_Life
    Class Representative
    30 FPS (target). When under heavy load the game drops to 15ish on a Pro (Trials/ Cyro Zergs).

Hierarchy of performance is generally PC > X1X > Pro > PS4 > XB1.

Having active accounts on 4/5 platforms (everything except base Xbox One), X1X is generally the best you’ll get without going PC in terms of fidelity and performance. PS4 Pro is great too, but you take a hit to fidelity (draw distance is atrocious) if you play at 4K. That said, the game will still crash, lag, etc—just not as frequently as on a lower spec consoles. I’m hoping that we get next-gen updates to ameliorate the worst of the console woes. We’ll see, though.

Cross platform should really be a thing, too, at least for Xbox+PS. I can understand the argument against PC being included given the plethora of addons.
  • Nemesis7884
    Nemesis7884
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    the new consoles cpu seem a lot more powerful, probably around the same lvl of a current ryzen...so it should deliver 60fps at least outside of pvp i assume...
  • MJallday
    MJallday
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    the new consoles cpu seem a lot more powerful, probably around the same lvl of a current ryzen...so it should deliver 60fps at least outside of pvp i assume...

The xb1x is capable of running at 60fps (in fact a lot of games do) ESO is capped to 30 though

Unless they recode eso to work out what console you have - the project x will still run eso at 30

• Justwondering
    Justwondering
    ✭✭
    Thank you all for your replies, I shall stick with the PC version, I currently play at 4k 60 FPS, but I liked the idea of playing on PS4, as I stream my PS4 via my home network to my Android tablet and play a lot of video games in the bedroom ....I do stream my PC also, but it is a bit more a faff, but streaming via a home network does work well, if you have it setup correctly, very little if any real noticeable lag.

• Danksta
    Danksta
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

why would that be unfair? this isn't a shooter... i play with gamepad on pc myself...crossplay would be good - more stable and healthy population secured for a longer time...

Add-ons, better performance and cheaters are some of the reasons that instantly come to mind.
    BawKinTackWarDs PS4/NA

• Gythral
    Gythral
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    In Cyrodill 1/60 FPS ...
    “Be as a tower, that, firmly set,
    Shakes not its top for any blast that blows!”
    Dante Alighieri, The Divine Comedy
  • Kiralyn2000
    Kiralyn2000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Framerates have never been a reason I've heard someone claim for not having crossplay. The lack of balance (in competitive games) of controller vs keyboard/mouse is the main one.

Besides all the technical reason, that is (different versions of the game, different netcode, Sony/MS not allowing it, different servers, etc)
    So it would be unfair to allow us to access our saves on each platform? I am not saying PC play with console, but at least let us carry on with our progress on either server with the same character.

They are separate servers, with separate economies, etc. Why would any MMO allow "crossplay" such as this?
    (also seems like it would be a pain to have to constantly mirror everyone's characters onto six megaservers. And then there's the part where they don't even do paid server transfers - which, given that it's Yet Another Cash Shop Thing they could be charging for and aren't, I really believe that it's not easily possible for the server/database setup they have.)