The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Psijic Addon

Grazzt
Grazzt
✭✭✭
Hello everyone !
As there are Addons for almost eveything, I was a bit surprised not to find an Addon that would indicate the Psijic Portals (the ones we need to close) on our Map, kinda like the Skyshards or LoreBooks ?
Maybe I missed it, do you know if there is such a thing somewhere ?
Thanks !
  • Paradisius
    Paradisius
    ✭✭✭✭
    The Addon Map Pins has a filter for the time rifts, so that is probably why you cant find an addon specific to them
  • Grazzt
    Grazzt
    ✭✭✭
    Really ?
    Oh woah I didn't know that, thanks a lot, I'll check it out !

That's one of the many things I love about this Community, everytime I need some help and post something on these forums, I just refresh my page and some nice fellow already answered <3
  • zvavi
    zvavi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is the most positive post in a while. I like it. So gonna bump it once.
  • Taunky
    Taunky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    zvavi wrote: »
    This is the most positive post in a while. I like it. So gonna bump it once.

Don't jinx it.
  • Gythral
    Gythral
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Map Pins
    only issue is it does not track ones you have closed, but it's way better then nothing :smiley:
    “Be as a tower, that, firmly set,
    Shakes not its top for any blast that blows!”
    Dante Alighieri, The Divine Comedy
  • laksikus
    laksikus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gythral wrote: »
    Map Pins
    only issue is it does not track ones you have closed, but it's way better then nothing :smiley:

but it does?
    closed time rifts disappear from the map markers
  • Gythral
    Gythral
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    laksikus wrote: »
    Map Pins

but it does?

Then it maybe that it has been updated since last I did this grind...
    Edited by Gythral on May 10, 2020 12:43PM
    “Be as a tower, that, firmly set,
    Shakes not its top for any blast that blows!”
    Dante Alighieri, The Divine Comedy
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've done the quest line so many times now I know where they all are without Map Pins. That's almost - disgusting.... Of course, I'm probably the only person playing the game who really ENJOYS the Psijic quest line!
  • zvavi
    zvavi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sylvermynx wrote: »
    I've done the quest line so many times now I know where they all are without Map Pins. That's almost - disgusting.... Of course, I'm probably the only person playing the game who really ENJOYS the Psijic quest line!

Uh, i feel ya, I mean, I kinda enjoyed it the first time, excluding the whole too much travel time thing, but second time + just felt sooooo long. And every character I wanted psijic on I had to do it again :( I kinda remember their places too at this point.
  • Grazzt
    Grazzt
    ✭✭✭
    By the way, now that thanks to you guys I'm using Map Pins, it doubles up with Skyshards and Lorebooks, so I probably don't need them all ... do they share the same information (I've noticed that Map Pins doesn't use any Library) or is one better than the other in your opinion ?
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Map Pins now seems to be all I really need for lore books - I already know where all the skyshards are so dropped that one a long time back, and lore books just the other day.
  • bearbelly
    bearbelly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sylvermynx wrote: »

I was kind of jaded about it back when I first started it on my first character, because I listened to the clowns posting about it, but by the time I finished it, I realized I actually liked all of the running around. And I did it the first time on a newly-rolled character who didn't have very many wayshrines found yet.
    I've done it at least partially on three more characters since. It's not nearly as bad as most people make it sound.
    And the locations are easy enough to memorize if you pay attention.
  • laksikus
    laksikus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    laksikus wrote: »
    Map Pins

but it does?

Then it maybe that it has been updated since last I did this grind...

Its been doing that since ive used it the first time, abit after summerset dropped xD
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Grazzt wrote: »
    By the way, now that thanks to you guys I'm using Map Pins, it doubles up with Skyshards and Lorebooks, so I probably don't need them all ... do they share the same information (I've noticed that Map Pins doesn't use any Library) or is one better than the other in your opinion ?

The Skyshards addon can show you above and below ground Shards in different colors.

Pins only shows the Mages Lore Books. Lorebooks Addon shows you all the Eidectic Books. Also, puts them on the compass if you want that. I think it also allows you read in the Eidectic Library the non mages Lore Books.

So, you kind of want Lorebooks for sure, and, Skyshards if you want to filter the Shards.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Grazzt
    Grazzt
    ✭✭✭
    Alright, thanks a lot, I'll just use Map Pins for the Time Rifts then (for now, cos I saw that it has a lot of other options that I currently don't need, but probably will when I'm higher level) !
    Edited by Grazzt on May 11, 2020 8:23AM
  • ZaroktheImmortal
    ZaroktheImmortal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep map pins is so useful. It's a multi use mod that does so much. You can see where skyshards are time rifts shrines places you haven't found and all sorts of things.
  • Unfadingsilence
    Unfadingsilence
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Map pins was extremely helpful it took me under 2 hours to get to lvl 10 on there