Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Delves/Dungeons

SimpleTea
SimpleTea
I am new to ESO, and any MMORPG for that matter. So, I have a pretty basic question; please bear with me. To participate in group delves/dungeons should I have head phones with voice activation to communicate with my other group members?
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    First off I would suggest finding a good social guild as you can get a lot of advice and help form them that the forums could never province.

Moving on. I am going to assume you are on the console as PC does not have VoIP built-in, thank the divines for that.

If you are running with random people they may get a group of nice people willing to offer helpful information. However, you are just as likely to get some idiots or jerks, to put it nicely based on some threads we have seen in the forums. In the middle, you might get people talking about the dumbest stuff that you could have gone your entire life without ever hearing.

In other words, go that guild route or grown some thick skin. Also, with a guild group, you are more likely to get people willing to go slow and smell the flowers for when you want to pay attention to the stories.

I do hope you enjoy your travels through Tamriel and your first MMORPG. Meeting people in-game and running content with those people is a big part of enjoying it.
  • SimpleTea
    SimpleTea
    Thanks for the reply and suggestions. I will look for a good social guild to join. BTW, your assumption is correct, I am on Xbox One.
  • Hellkaptain
    Hellkaptain
    ✭✭
    Good morning As said above finding a good guild or group is alot nicer for communication and fun Also making friends..
    Random can be a little Toxic (not saying all the time)
    Are you Eu or Na?
  • SimpleTea
    SimpleTea
    Good morning back at ya. To answer your question, I'm NA.
  • Hellkaptain
    Hellkaptain
    ✭✭
    That's a shame I'm on Eu.
    I wish you luck in finding a nice group :)