Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Why is the extra costume slot purchase not account wide when it costs 1500 crowns???

Vara
Vara
✭✭✭
There was a sale on extra costume slots for your account the price was normally 1500 and the sale price was 1000 crowns. I purchased this product because I thought it would be nice to have an extra slot for all my characters and for this price it definitely should of been for my entire account. This product states it unlocks an additional costume slot but it does not state for only your one character. I would be happy to pay 1500 or even 1000 for a character wide costume slot, then I would eventually buy 2 or 3. There is no way I would pay hundreds of dollars over time for the costume slots I need. With pricing like this and no way to change your hair color or appearance for in game gold I am questioning if I should continue playing the game and purchase Greymoor. I have only been playing for just over a month but have already spent quite a bit of money (eso+ for two months and 9800 crowns as well as purchasing the game) on this game and would gladly spend more as long as I feel I am getting my moneys worth. But this causes me despair to have extremely over priced options for so many things including 3000 crowns for a race change. I have read numerous forum posting about these issues and am worried about the future of our game. Please consider my words coming from a huge fan of your game who would love to continue playing/paying for years to come.

When an extra character costs 1500 and an extra costume slot cost the same that is just poor cost to value ratio.

Idea charge us 200 crowns for a single costume slot or 1500 for account wide slot. This is would be happy to pay :)

Please clarify this in the crown stole that it is only for a single character.
Edited by Vara on May 7, 2020 8:05PM
  • VoidCommander
    VoidCommander
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree. I’ve been playing this game since beta, and was very excited when the crown store first appeared. Back then the micro-transactions were just that: micro.

These days they are selling armor motifs for the equivalent of $50 USD like the Xithkin motifs. A full motif set of xithkin costs not even 25k, yet they are charging $50. They would make a FORTUNE if they lowered prices for things like this to no more than $5 per item. Then people would actually bother buying this virtual crap.
  • Vara
    Vara
    ✭✭✭
    I agree. I’ve been playing this game since beta, and was very excited when the crown store first appeared. Back then the micro-transactions were just that: micro.

These days they are selling armor motifs for the equivalent of $50 USD like the Xithkin motifs. A full motif set of xithkin costs not even 25k, yet they are charging $50. They would make a FORTUNE if they lowered prices for things like this to no more than $5 per item. Then people would actually bother buying this virtual crap.

$50 for a new motif is still extremely expensive but dropping the motif prices as time goes on would be a great idea as well. I would actually buy them but I would NEVER buy a motif for $50.
  • TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vara wrote: »
    Idea charge us 200 crowns for a single costume slot or 1500 for account wide slot.
    That would have been reasonable, yes.

And I still wish they would reconsider, and make all the 1500-C slots account wide, and sell individual onea at 250-C apiece... I'd spend sooooo much on making outfits...

...then they only need to sell more outfit pieces to make even more profit... I mean, imaginel, they could re-release a LOT of the costumes as outfit styles, yes? The nedic armor for example? Dark Seducer and Golden Saint? Mannimarco, Almalexia, Sothra Sil, Vivec, Naryus Morag Tong leathers, etc., there are sooo many visuals already there they could split into pieces and sell again... and I would be among those buying them for my outfit fun...

Then there is all those stealable civilian clothes... they could make those deconstructable to learn for the outfit system as well, would certainly clear some inventories, AND give the guild stores something more to sell...

In the end, I reckon they might actually make more money from a setup like that one, as people play Elder Fashion Online to their hearts content on every character...
  • Vara
    Vara
    ✭✭✭
    Idea charge us 200 crowns for a single costume slot or 1500 for account wide slot.
    That would have been reasonable, yes.

And I still wish they would reconsider, and make all the 1500-C slots account wide, and sell individual onea at 250-C apiece... I'd spend sooooo much on making outfits...

...then they only need to sell more outfit pieces to make even more profit... I mean, imaginel, they could re-release a LOT of the costumes as outfit styles, yes? The nedic armor for example? Dark Seducer and Golden Saint? Mannimarco, Almalexia, Sothra Sil, Vivec, Naryus Morag Tong leathers, etc., there are sooo many visuals already there they could split into pieces and sell again... and I would be among those buying them for my outfit fun...

Then there is all those stealable civilian clothes... they could make those deconstructable to learn for the outfit system as well, would certainly clear some inventories, AND give the guild stores something more to sell...

In the end, I reckon they might actually make more money from a setup like that one, as people play Elder Fashion Online to their hearts content on every character...

1000% yes they need to hire you for their marketing team
  • NavalOffisah
    NavalOffisah
    ✭✭✭
    For what it's worth, if you file a support ticket you could get a refund on the outfit slot. Just be clear about mentioning that it doesn't specify how it's only for a single character.

But I agree, I would be far more inclined to buy them if they were account wide. Fashion Scrolls Online is the true endgame
  • Michae
    Michae
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    There's been quite a long thread on that problem and they just don't care. But they removed Siegemaster's War Horse over a bad description today, since it was quite an embarassing mistake.
    "I bear the cruel weight of certainty. Total, absolute, relentless certainty. People rarely comprehend the luxury of doubt... the freedom that comes with indecision. I envy you."
    Sotha Sil

@Michae PC/EU
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Simply put, Zos did not price it to be account-wide.

I do agree that we should have an account-wide option though I understand Zos would likely charge more.
  • TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »
    Just saying, comparable games I played that have similar "outfit" systems charged an equivalent to 250-500 crowns for one slot. (Of course, those had a lot more outfit options sold both in the cash shop, and in a gambling crate system, but eh... these days, you kinda have to expect stuff like that I guess)
  • Vara
    Vara
    ✭✭✭
    For what it's worth, if you file a support ticket you could get a refund on the outfit slot. Just be clear about mentioning that it doesn't specify how it's only for a single character.

But I agree, I would be far more inclined to buy them if they were account wide. Fashion Scrolls Online is the true endgame

I have a refund ticket open
  • Vara
    Vara
    ✭✭✭
    Just saying, comparable games I played that have similar "outfit" systems charged an equivalent to 250-500 crowns for one slot. (Of course, those had a lot more outfit options sold both in the cash shop, and in a gambling crate system, but eh... these days, you kinda have to expect stuff like that I guess)

Yes but these days things are getting cheaper and games are moving away from pay to win more and more and making more money by doing so. Fortnite, league of legends etc. This is a pay to play game we should not have to pay for things like appearance change, hair colors, styles etc...
  • Lilly_Elessa
    Lilly_Elessa
    ✭✭✭

I do agree that we should have an account-wide option though I understand Zos would likely charge more.

Absolute disagreement with the first part of that statement. While outfits are required to store a little more data than costumes, costumes are all account wide and usually about half that price. I could disagree on a technical standpoint of how little data an outfit should be, but frankly it's not as important as disagreeing from a user standpoint: Why pay twice as much for something you only get on one character, that uses flatly inferior models? (No, seriously. Compare the models of most costumes to most motifs/in game armor. The costumes have way more detail and model variation.)

That said, yes, ZoS probably would charge a little more for an account wide outfit slot. Particularly now, since we already have a grossly overpriced single character slot. But it simply isn't worth more than 2000-2500 crowns (~$20-25), regardless of how badly overpriced the single slot is.

Personally, I was fairly uninterested when the outfit system was first introduced. It came in late, and by then I already had a very nice collection of costumes, and the motifs at the time were ... Not as good as a lot of the newer ones. (Look, most of the old motifs are ugly. Or a little rough at best.) The fact that they were selling them at $15 a piece for a single character (when I play many alts) cemented that disinterest.
    Sure. They have improved motif models since then. But they have also improved costume models.
    So I always had a fairly low chance to really be interested in the outfit system, but the outlandish prices of the extra slots are a pretty hard drive away from me gaining an interest in it. And I'm not shy in the crown store, I just want things fairly priced.
  • Nevasca
    Nevasca
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah, but it's ZOS. Look at the price of a character name change. Pretty sure an account-wide option would be even more expensive than that on their eyes, but then not enough people would buy it.
  • Lilly_Elessa
    Lilly_Elessa
    ✭✭✭
    Nevasca wrote: »
    Yeah, but it's ZOS. Look at the price of a character name change. Pretty sure an account-wide option would be even more expensive than that on their eyes, but then not enough people would buy it.

I kinda think the name change is overpriced to discourage people from using it too much, without having to put a (lifetime) limit if how much the option can be used on it like many other games. To prevent players abusing it.

Also, many other older games have charged similar amounts for services like name, race, and server change. (Okay, server is irrelevant here, but games often lump those into the same category of stuff.)

I kinda think similarly poorly overpriced services are more like the inventory expansion, riding lessons, skill lines ...
  • MarzAttakz
    MarzAttakz
    ✭✭✭✭
    Fully agree regarding account wide outfit slot, I'd buy 3 or 4 if that was the case but won't on principle purchase it for a number of reasons I don't need to state.

What farks me off even more is that I paid 5000 crowns for a merchant assistant that:
    • Doesn't repair armor like the npc's versions do
    • Doesn't even have a bloody "Sell All Junk" button

Absolute rip-off if you ask me and seems to be a standard "[snip]" approach taken by ZOS: [snip]

[Edit for Bashing]
    Edited by Psiion on May 13, 2020 10:59PM
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    PC EU
    Qura Scura | Altmer | MagBlade
    Lhylyth | Breton | MagPlar
    Nhynyth | Khajiit | MagDK
    Ghwynyth | Dunmer | MagSorc
    Loots-All-Urns | Argonian | MagDen
    Shades-Of-Gray | Argonian | StamDK
    Or'Chastration | Orc | StamSorc
    Little Miss Famished | Orc | StamCro
    Fhane Sharog | Orc | StamDen
    Dead Moons Rising | Khajiit | StamBlade
    The aim of argument, or of discussion, should not be victory, but progress.
  • Rake
    Rake
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    because they dont wanna face the truth that more people would buy these if sold account wide.
  • Vara
    Vara
    ✭✭✭
    MarzAttakz wrote: »
    Fully agree regarding account wide outfit slot, I'd buy 3 or 4 if that was the case but won't on principle purchase it for a number of reasons I don't need to state.

What farks me off even more is that I paid 5000 crowns for a merchant assistant that:

Absolute rip-off if you ask me and seems to be a standard "white lie" approach taken by ZOS: purposeful omission of details that would stop you from purchasing an item.

WOW!!! I was going to buy one and now I won't for sure.... I bought the banker already
  • daim
    daim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Way overpriced. If it would be account wide I might consider buying one even with a bit higher cost - but as it is not, no thanks. The damn thing costs as much as some of the DLC's.
    ""I am that which grips the heart in fright, hearkens night and silences the light." It was written on my sword, long…long ago." ―Ajunta Pall
    PC|EU
  • Scion_of_Yggdrasil
    Scion_of_Yggdrasil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Glad for the OP because I have been eyeing the extra slot lately, but now I don't want to spend the crowns knowing it only covers one character... makes no sense, since other things are account wide, like housing.

Thank you, good sir/lady. You have spared me much heart ache.
  • Nevasca
    Nevasca
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nevasca wrote: »

I kinda think the name change is overpriced to discourage people from using it too much, without having to put a (lifetime) limit if how much the option can be used on it like many other games. To prevent players abusing it.

Also, many other older games have charged similar amounts for services like name, race, and server change. (Okay, server is irrelevant here, but games often lump those into the same category of stuff.)

I kinda think similarly poorly overpriced services are more like the inventory expansion, riding lessons, skill lines ...

Your reasoning makes sense, except ZOS allows userid change for free as many times as you want. In terms of abusing , userid is the easiest one because you can keep deleting and making new characters to scam people (or whatever kind of abuse) and change your userid after.

People are just willing to pay for name change because their character matter to them or becayse they did a race change and it makes sense to change and etc. Basically zos is playing with your emotions to sell more (not necessarily a bad/"imoral" marketing) hence the price abuse.

Another reason for unreasonable crown prices in crown store is eso+. Lots of people dont have anything to spend on because they have subbed for over 4 years and accumulated way too much crowns.
  • xXMeowMeowXx
    xXMeowMeowXx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There was a sale on extra costume slots for your account the price was normally 1500 and the sale price was 1000 crowns. I purchased this product because I thought it would be nice to have an extra slot for all my characters and for this price it definitely should of been for my entire account. This product states it unlocks an additional costume slot but it does not state for only your one character. I would be happy to pay 1500 or even 1000 for a character wide costume slot, then I would eventually buy 2 or 3. There is no way I would pay hundreds of dollars over time for the costume slots I need. With pricing like this and no way to change your hair color or appearance for in game gold I am questioning if I should continue playing the game and purchase Greymoor. I have only been playing for just over a month but have already spent quite a bit of money (eso+ for two months and 9800 crowns as well as purchasing the game) on this game and would gladly spend more as long as I feel I am getting my moneys worth. But this causes me despair to have extremely over priced options for so many things including 3000 crowns for a race change. I have read numerous forum posting about these issues and am worried about the future of our game. Please consider my words coming from a huge fan of your game who would love to continue playing/paying for years to come.

When an extra character costs 1500 and an extra costume slot cost the same that is just poor cost to value ratio.

Idea charge us 200 crowns for a single costume slot or 1500 for account wide slot. This is would be happy to pay :)

Please clarify this in the crown stole that it is only for a single character.

Crown Store Outfit Slots Purchased at the current price should 100% be account wide.

I completely agree with @Vara on the pricing suggestions. Nice post!! :)

• TropicsDelight
    TropicsDelight
    ✭✭✭
    Glad for the OP because I have been eyeing the extra slot lately, but now I don't want to spend the crowns knowing it only covers one character... makes no sense, since other things are account wide, like housing.

Note to ZOS, it is NOT ok that you do not clearly represent what is being offered for sale in the crown store. In no way should there be any confusion as to if this item is a single character or account wide.

It would take one of your employees a single day of work to fix all of these issues and clarify all of the unclear sales, even working from home. There is no excuse for this kind of murky information to continue to be the norm.
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, it is a lot.

Although, not as much as Riding Lessons, which are at least 100x what they ought to be, given that you need 180 of them per character and Crowns go for about 300g each on PC/EU.

10 Crowns each would still make them the equivalent of 3,000g each, which is still over 10x what they cost in gold, in-game (albeit, without the 16h wait).

These things are like traps for new players and that isn't right.

I think part of the problem, though, is that they price things on the assumption that many players have been playing for years, if not from launch.

So (assuming they have ESO+), they will already have most of the things they want/need and will probably also have a surfeit of Crowns sloshing around.

This means, if ZOS don't price things pretty high, many of these players won't have any reason to purchase more Crowns, over and above the ESO+ ones, ever again.

Not that I think that would be a bad thing...

In fact, I think it would be right that, at some point, you would have paid enough upfront and would be able to just pay your sub (or not even that) and get everything you want/need, from then on.

However, my point is that this overpricing, obviously, puts newer players at a massive disadvantage, because they haven't bought much, yet.

...and anything they do want to buy, over and above the ESO+ Crown allowance (assuming they even have ESO+) will have to be bought entirely with cash.

It's just not an ideal system, at all, because even though you may expect to pay more for a game when you're new, there is still a limit for most people.

Wouldn't matter so much if items were available for longer, so you could wait for some of them, but many aren't.

Not that the latter applies to your example, but still.

On balance, I would say only buy Outfit Slots if you play your main a lot.

Otherwise, just pay the gold every time you fancy a change.
    Edited by Tigerseye on May 23, 2020 3:33PM
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    MarzAttakz wrote: »

Absolute rip-off if you ask me and seems to be a standard "[snip]" approach taken by ZOS: [snip]

[Edit for Bashing]

Shouldn't repair armour via a merchant, anyway.

It's normally cheaper (or free, if you do it right!) to obtain Repair Kits.

Either via doing things in-game, like writs and dragons.

Or, by buying them from guild stores.

The merchant is actually one of the better purchases, Crown for Crown.

What is slightly unfair is that (outside of housing) you are basically only buying a skin, if you buy a different model of merchant (or banker), but it still costs the full amount.

I have more complaints about the functionality of the banker.

As not being able to list stuff on the move is far more inconvenient, in the longer term.

Edited by Tigerseye on May 23, 2020 3:56PM
  • NorthernNightmare
    NorthernNightmare
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I need atleast two but no way am I buying them until they go account wide

they must sell enough of them however given how they havent changed it yet
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sigh.

There was a 40 page discussion on this that finally petered out and died back in February.

ZOS is obviously not going to change the price or scope of the additional outfit slots. They have had ample opportunity to do this, and have not. They also seem disinclined to change the wording in the Crown Store to make it more clear that it is one slot, for one character, and not one slot, account wide.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Yeah.

It's kind of priced in between the two...

Let's say, for example, an outfit change costs 9,000g.

Might be more than that (anything up to about 14K, or maybe 15K), but most people are probably not changing every single piece of armour, all weaps and all dyes, every time they outfit change.

9K would be the equivalent of 30 Crowns per change, assuming a 300g per Crown exchange rate.

That would mean you would need to change your char's outfit 33.3 times to have paid for one outfit slot, at the reduced (1K Crown) price.

Which is probably more times than most people do, on one char, in a year (or even a couple of years), but less than they might do, if they play multiple chars and the 1K Crown price was account wide.

Even then, I appreciate it's not allowing you to change to just anything, for free - just to change back and forth between two favourite outfits.

However, seeing as that is what many people probably end up doing, most of the time (outside of changing dyes alone, which is pretty cheap), it's still probably the best way to look at it.
    Edited by Tigerseye on May 23, 2020 4:52PM
  • OneForSorrow
    OneForSorrow
    ✭✭✭✭
    The costs in this game are nuts, and the costume slot is definitely one of the things I've never purchased. I just use the one I get for everyone by subbing to ESO+.

I really wish they'd make ESO+ more attractive to people, then fewer things would have to be crown store exclusives and what does go to the store could be cheaper.

Give us mounts we can earn in game but put some of them in DLC areas that ESO+ members have open access to but others have to buy, give ESO+ people better rewards than the tiny statuettes, idk.

I have spent money on this game. I have spent money on all my MMOs. I don't have much else to spend my entertainment budget on and I happily throw money at games I enjoy. But I need to feel like I my money spent is on something of value.
    PC NA. Various alts, trying to find a main, I have no idea what I'm doing.
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Because greed
  • Vara
    Vara
    ✭✭✭
    Elsonso wrote: »
    Sigh.

There was a 40 page discussion on this that finally petered out and died back in February.

ZOS is obviously not going to change the price or scope of the additional outfit slots. They have had ample opportunity to do this, and have not. They also seem disinclined to change the wording in the Crown Store to make it more clear that it is one slot, for one character, and not one slot, account wide.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Damn that sucks
  • heaven13
    heaven13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Tigerseye wrote: »
    Yeah, it is a lot.

Although, not as much as Riding Lessons, which are at least 100x what they ought to be, given that you need 180 of them per character and Crowns go for about 300g each on PC/EU.

10 Crowns each would still make them the equivalent of 3,000g each, which is still over 10x what they cost in gold, in-game (albeit, without the 16h wait).

Except crown riding lessons can be acquired in game. Outfit slots are crown exclusive. They should be much cheaper, like comparing crown exclusive motif prices to prices of motifs you can buy in the crown store as convenience instead of farming.

PC/NA
    Mountain God | Leave No Bone Unbroken | Apex Predator | Pure Lunacy | Depths Defier | No Rest for the Wicked | In Defiance of Death
    Defanged the Devourer | Nature's Wrath | Relentless Raider | True Genius | Bane of Thorns | Subterranean Smasher | Ardent Bibliophile

vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vDSA | vMoL HM | vHoF HM | vAS+2 | vCR+2 | vBRP | vSS HM | vKA | vRG
    Meet my characters :
    IT DOESN'T MATTER BECAUSE THEY'RE ALL THE SAME NOW, THANKS ZOS