Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Why are the Khajiit the Litter Box of Tamriel?

ArchMikem
ArchMikem
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Disclaimer: Super biased.

My imagination is desperate for the Khajiit and the Elsweyr Confederacy to be a respected power in Tamriel. To be strong enough to make the Empire happy to have them as a Vassal and the Elves to be wary of crossing them. I've wanted their people to be mysterious and complex, sophisticated, rugged and note worthy. Instead, we get a hodgepodge of clamoring tribes and fiefdoms. A people known more for their work ethic under Dunmer whips and the child's game "Kick the Khajiit". Thieves and Drug Addicts. The punchline of every other joke told in your local Tavern.

Ever since I first joined the Imperial Legion as a Khajiiti Mage in TES:V and rose the ranks, until I became an Officer, a Khajiit in command of Imperials and Nords, I've imagined an Empire where Cyrodiil viewed their "Beast" neighbors with high regard. Imagine legions of hardy yet elegant Suthay and Pahmar Martial Artists coming to the Empire's aid in the Great War against the Elves, instead of with them. In other times in the Lore Elsweyr has more or less always been a Province of the Empire. But just a couple years of the Moons disappearing, (that I'm sure the Thalmor had something to do with), just ruined it utterly.

Come to think of it I don't even fully understand why Elsweyr abandoned the Empire for the Dominion in the 2nd Era. We've been given lines in the Elsweyr Chapter and Dragonhold that Imperial Loyalists still consider Elsweyr to be an Imperial Province under the protection of the Legion. We even get Queen Khamira, the now defacto ruler of the Confederacy holding relations with both the Dominion AND the Empire, the two of which are currently still at War because of Ayrenn's desire for the Ruby Throne. What is going on with Elsweyr?
CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • Aigym_Hlervu
    Aigym_Hlervu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ArchMikem wrote: »
    Come to think of it I don't even fully understand why Elsweyr abandoned the Empire for the Dominion in the 2nd Era. We've been given lines in the Elsweyr Chapter and Dragonhold that Imperial Loyalists still consider Elsweyr to be an Imperial Province under the protection of the Legion. We even get Queen Khamira, the now defacto ruler of the Confederacy holding relations with both the Dominion AND the Empire, the two of which are currently still at War because of Ayrenn's desire for the Ruby Throne. What is going on with Elsweyr?

The Second Empire has been no more for more than 150 years since the time Savirien-Chorak was assassinated. Khamira holds relations with the Dominion and with the Thirteenth Legion - not the Empire. If you wish to think the Empire still exists, well.. Here is what General Renmus, the commander of the Thirteenth Legion, said about it: "The Empire no longer exists..." (though he did not say it to me because I gave him an advice to go back to Cyrodiil) and "We lost our home. Even if we did make our way back to Cyrodiil, where would we go? Who would we fight for? And so we stay behind crumbling walls, waiting in vain for someone to issue new orders. Orders that will never come.

The reason of why Elsweyr joined the Dominion was the same for King Emeric to become the King of Wayrest and.. the Alliance War itself:

"A wife. A husband. A son or daughter. Mother or father, aunt or uncle: each of us has lost one or more of these. It has touched every family in Elsweyr, the dreadful epidemic, the terrible plague—the Knahaten Flu."

"Then, past all expectation, help arrived from an unforeseen direction: over the western waves came the Elves of Summerset, bringing physicians, healers, desperately needed supplies."

"So we accepted the aid of the High Elves, and their sly cousins the Wood Elves, and gradually the Knahaten Flu began to recede. And when Queen Ayrenn of Alinor proposed the alliance treaty of the Aldmeri Dominion, we took plume in claw and signed it."

- The Eagle and the Cat by Lord Gharesh-ri, Speaker for the Mane.
    Edited by Aigym_Hlervu on May 6, 2020 7:44AM
  • Demnvath
    Demnvath
    ✭✭✭
    Khajiits have a civilization?
    I never ask those in my egg-mine... When their task is complete, they pile up in the little shack I made them construct in my magnanimity and I don't know how but they succeed in procuring themselves skooma. You said it : slaves and drug addicts. If they don't want to live a better life, how can they live a better life. Only the forceful expression of will gives true honor to the Ancestors.
    Contributeur à la conception de la langue Dunmeri.
  • Robo_Hobo
    Robo_Hobo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, Ayrenn spends 1 year helping the Khajiit stabilize the flu (which by that point the imperial 13th Legion had already been helping out in Senchal for 2 years going with no expectation of help fighting in return) and then within the same year is already starting to send Khajiit from their homes to help fight in a war in Cyrodiil.

All the while Rimmen is still under Euraxia Tharn's rule, and the flu is still ongoing. When Dragons show up the Dominion is too busy letting Khajiit die for the war in Cyrodiil while their lands are on fire, leaving the Vestige, Abnur Tharn, remnants of the Empire's forces, and the Khajiit themselves to help defend them.

Yeah the Khajiit should be grateful for the help Ayrenn gave them, but it's like, helping cure sick people and then enlisting them into a war where they're going to die by the thousands while they still haven't had the chance to even fully recover yet.

And what choice did they have other than to agree to help the Dominon anyway? You suddenly have all of these elves with pointy swords in your lands and powerful magic and they help you out, and then they ask you to help them in a war. Do you tell them no? You're still too weak from the flu to fight them off if they won't take no for an answer, plus they're already in your land.
  • kaisernick
    kaisernick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Robo_Hobo wrote: »
    Yeah, Ayrenn spends 1 year helping the Khajiit stabilize the flu (which by that point the imperial 13th Legion had already been helping out in Senchal for 2 years going with no expectation of help fighting in return) and then within the same year is already starting to send Khajiit from their homes to help fight in a war in Cyrodiil.

Dude have you seen Senchal its not exactly a place to be proud of right now, if anything it seems like while they may be trying to help they are not doing a great job of it.