The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

About Research Duration

Reistoph
Reistoph
✭✭
So, does anyone ever complain about this research times? I mean, I know that to be a master crafter will takes times, but 8 months? Does ZOS have any plan to reduced it or maybe changed the system completely, like need to gather the items with the traits for research, like 100 or maybe 1000 depending on how many traits that u have finished researched.
  • JKorr
    JKorr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Seriously doubt they'd change it.

While you're leveling a character, you do get at least a few Research scrolls that will reduce the time.

Getting the research items with whatever traits you need is as easy as asking a crafter to make what you need, when you need it. Most will probably ask for you to supply the nirncrux and the trait stones for jewelry, but only because those aren't quite as easy to come by as the normal trait materials.
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Just view it as a very long term project.

I know have my "main" on each server that knows everything. Took quite a while, but I got there.

I keep researching on everyone else because I am more than a bit compulsive, but those will take a while as well. Many are to the point of having all Woodworking (the easiest) and only nirn items left.
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • NavalOffisah
    NavalOffisah
    ✭✭✭
    You can buy scrolls that reduce the cooldown (can only use every 20 hours) using writ vouchers (or from traders), otherwise they sell scrolls to reduce research times in the Crown store. Given this system its unlikely to be changed, its a slow grind but it will feel good when you're done
  • Oliviander
    Oliviander
    ✭✭✭✭
    Reistoph wrote: »
    So, does anyone ever complain about this research times? I mean, I know that to be a master crafter will takes times, but 8 months? Does ZOS have any plan to reduced it or maybe changed the system completely, like need to gather the items with the traits for research, like 100 or maybe 1000 depending on how many traits that u have finished researched.

Beeing nearly ready with all 18 toons I am strictly against it. ;)
  • silvermistktralasub17_ESO
    another simple bit of information/advice. I know that, due to the fact that I do writs daily on 17 characters, I end up offering the leaders of both active guilds I'm in the option of a 5/pack (5 each of the 4 different types of 1/day research scrolls) as a weekly raffle prize. To me, that kind of offering is a 'nothing' and easy to give away. Perhaps you could, even, as a guild leader if they could offer that as a prize/ Because, when I do give it away like that, that's almost doubling the research a person can do in a week. And such rewards are easy for some of us to come up with, so we don't hesitate to offer them.
  • Eifleber
    Eifleber
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Split crafting research between multiple characters.

- option 1
    Char1 : blacksmithing/armour, tailoring/leather etc
    Char2: blacksmithing/weapons, tailoring/cloth etc

From a style motif/pattern perspective (even better):

- option 2
    Char1: torso armour, legs, girdles, gloves. Bows and shields. Axes, battle axes. Swords and greatswords. Rings.
    Char2: helmets, shoulders, boots. Staves x 3. Maces and mauls. Daggers. Necklaces.

Option 2 because if you get (sometimes very rare/expensive) style patterns they often come in combinations of {pelletine maces and mauls}, {redoran staves}, {blackwater girdles} so if you research these categories on one character you can craft them all for master writs.

Perhaps you won't reach the ultimate accomplishment sooner but you can craft everything and do all master writs 50% faster.

Playing since dec 2019 | PC EU
  • Reistoph
    Reistoph
    ✭✭
    Eifleber wrote: »
    Split crafting research between multiple characters.

- option 1
    Char1 : blacksmithing/armour, tailoring/leather etc
    Char2: blacksmithing/weapons, tailoring/cloth etc

From a style motif/pattern perspective (even better):

- option 2
    Char1: torso armour, legs, girdles, gloves. Bows and shields. Axes, battle axes. Swords and greatswords. Rings.
    Char2: helmets, shoulders, boots. Staves x 3. Maces and mauls. Daggers. Necklaces.

Option 2 because if you get (sometimes very rare/expensive) style patterns they often come in combinations of {pelletine maces and mauls}, {redoran staves}, {blackwater girdles} so if you research these categories on one character you can craft them all for master writs.

Perhaps you won't reach the ultimate accomplishment sooner but you can craft everything and do all master writs 50% faster.

You are right, it's better this way!