The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Some questions regarding MMR

• Rhaegar75
    Rhaegar75
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Reeb wrote: »
    It's really bad if the MMR is determined mainly by the number of matches played. I've been doing my BG dailies regularly since I started playing the game back in June 2020. Most of the time I really enjoyed it, scoring well and improving gradually, while never aspiring to become a pro/meta player. However, for some 1-2 months now, I've been getting ridiculously smashed during pretty much every single match, struggling to win even 1v1 duels and somehow usually ending up with the weakest team. My BG dailes have turned into an ordeal where I sometimes have to queue 3 times to finally end up at least second with my team.

Is the MMR to blame for this? Logically, it should get lower after I've lost so many matches now, but it's doesn't seem so. Probably now I have to either switch to some cheesy proc meta build a'la Crimson/Malacath, or just stop playing BGs at all, because this is not fun at all anymore :/

If it's stopped being fun then you've arrived at the point you should want to be at. No pain go gain, etc. If you just started in June, you're still pretty new compared to many of your opponents. The MMR is to blame for what you experience, but I recommend you don't chase the meta any more than you want to, and instead focus on the fundamentals of your class and playstyle. When the meta changes, if you've become too dependent on it, you'll have the rug pulled out from under you, but if you take the time to learn your class in this punishing meta, you'll be a better player at the end of it.

That being said cheese is a fundamental part of BGs. It's part of the competition really.

I'd love for the MMR to be more transparent. I totally hate when I end up playing with high MMR players. Getting killed is quite frankly irrelevant to me as I'm a fairly casual player.

However, I cannot stand ending up playing with some hyper competitive players ( nothing wrong with being a great player and most of them are fine) who also seem to have major issues containing their anger and the related tendency towards nerd rage or psychopathic like comments.
    Low MMRs seem a lot more chilled

Edited by Rhaegar75 on February 28, 2021 5:23PM
  • RedTalon
    RedTalon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How many BGs you play along with points earned from matches from my understanding its why you will see some purposely get low point totals at times so they can stay in low mmrs.
  • Augusten15
    Augusten15
    ✭✭✭
    Augusten15 wrote: »
    Qbiken wrote: »
    Alucardo wrote: »
    ethuiliel wrote: »
    AFAIK it's based on how many BGs a character has played.

I really hope not. That's a pretty awful way of determining someone's skill bracket.

It's character based, is accumulative and doesn't go down. It's mainly based on games played but your score affects it too.

I'm not sure this is accurate. I've played 1000's of BGs on my main. I often switch to a fresh character with less than 100 BGs for the daily and still get matched with the same people if I pay attention to names.

It's possible they are on Alts also.

But I also think that matchmaking doesn't try and find 12 people of similar MMR. I think it tries to make three teams with somewhat equal average MMRs. Thus, anyone can wind up in a match with anyone else as long as the MMR disparities average out from team to team.

This would explain why it's so common to have a super player on each team as well. Makes sense.
  • Rhaegar75
    Rhaegar75
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited
    Edited by Rhaegar75 on March 22, 2021 10:07PM
  • WolfyRaps
    WolfyRaps
    ✭✭✭✭
    MMR seems to be character bound. On my MagDk and StamCro I played a lot at one point and got to the top of the ledder one week.

The MMR seamed to stay the same the following weeks because even now I always play only the same people and premades..
  • MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    WolfyRaps wrote: »
    MMR seems to be character bound. On my MagDk and StamCro I played a lot at one point and got to the top of the ledder one week.

The MMR seamed to stay the same the following weeks because even now I always play only the same people and premades..

MMR is per character, not account.

You only face premades if you choose to queue in the group queue.
    Edited by MurderMostFoul on March 25, 2021 2:33PM
    “There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.”