Ok, who's the ESO community loremaster? :)

lethality_ESO
lethality_ESO
✭✭✭
WoW has Nobbel.

GW2 has Wooden Potatoes.

Who does ESO have? I'm looking for a content creator whose primary content is creating lore-based content, doing deep dives behind dungeons, trials, etc.

I'm a player who for various reasons will not be participating in the instanced group content, but I would still like the knowledge of what happened there, and the context of why or how... so for my own personal canon needs.

(In this case, I am looking to learn about what happens in Icereach and Unhallowed Grave before I do the Greymoor prologue).

Thanks for any pointers!
  • Aigym_Hlervu
    Aigym_Hlervu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Michael Kirkbride is the man you need.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just reference the UESP content for this.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • wenchmore420b14_ESO
    wenchmore420b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Michael Kirkbride is the man you need.

    Lmao! :)
    Drakon Koryn~Oryndill, Rogue~Mage,- CP ~Doesn't matter any more
    NA / PC Beta Member since Nov 2013
    GM~Conclave-of-Shadows, EP Social Guild, ~Proud member of: The Wandering Merchants, Phoenix Rising, Imperial Trade Union & Celestials of Nirn
    Sister Guilds with: Coroner's Report, Children of Skyrim, Sunshine Daydream, Tamriel Fisheries, Knights Arcanum and more
    "Not All Who Wander are Lost"
    #MOREHOUSINGSLOTS
    “When the people that can make the company more successful are sales and marketing people, they end up running the companies. The product people get driven out of the decision making forums, and the companies forget what it means to make great products.”

    _Steve Jobs (The Lost Interview)
  • Nord_Raseri
    Nord_Raseri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you're on ps4 you can join me and my buddy, we 2 manned both dungeons, so you wouldn't have to worry about anything.
    Veit ég aðég hékk vindga meiði á nætr allar níu, geiri undaðr og gefinn Oðni, sjálfr sjálfum mér, á þeim meiði er manngi veit hvers hann af rótum rennr.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just look up the Harrowstorm dungeons on YouTube. As long as they listen to,the dialogue, you'll get what you need to know.

    If you want the quick summary:
    Spoilers for Icereach Coven
    You help Lyris Titanborn stop the storm-summoning ritual performed by the Icereach Coven, figuring out that the coven has a plan and a mysterious ally. This leads directly into the Greymoor Prologue.
    Spoilers for Unhallowed Grave
    You help Pyre Watch sentinel Shelaria and vampire Fennorian investigate the break-in by the necromancer Draugrkin at the Unhallowed Grave, used to,guard the remains of a bunch of undead. Fennorian intends to investigate what the Draugrkin's mysterious patron wanted with the stolen remains of the Gray Host.
  • LadyNerevar
    LadyNerevar
    ✭✭✭
    You may be interested in Loreseekers, they're a lore-focused ESO podcast/stream/guild.

    For the Harrowstorm dungeons specifically, I'd recommend this recap post by Benefactor.
    Librarian at the Imperial Library
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    For Group content like dungeons I read the dialogue on UESP. It's straight from the horse's mouth, free from biased and over-imaginative exegesis.
    PC EU
  • lethality_ESO
    lethality_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Appreciate the responses and recommendations!

    I'm looking for more of a presentation with commentary, as the creators I mentioned above do. Referencing a random Wiki like UESP is not what I am looking for at all. I would like someone who is *deep* into this to offer their perspective after having pulled together information.

    Also not looking for "dungeon runs on YouTube" - not interested in the gameplay. But I appreciate the summary of those two!

    Michael Kirkbride is also not the kind of person... he's worked on TES but doesn't create content.

    I am looking for an active community creator who dedicates themselves to presenting and contextualizing the lore and story presented in ESO.

    For those of you unsure what we're missing here, I'd give the two creators I mentioned a preview... seems like ESO could use this kind of content, if it's really not out there anywhere!

  • lethality_ESO
    lethality_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    You may be interested in Loreseekers, they're a lore-focused ESO podcast/stream/guild.

    For the Harrowstorm dungeons specifically, I'd recommend this recap post by Benefactor.

    What Benefactor is doing there is exactly what I am looking for, thank you!

  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Lore is in the Books in the Game. All the Books are here

    https://www.imperial-library.info/

    You can search by keywords.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

    PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

  • lethality_ESO
    lethality_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    The Lore is in the Books in the Game. All the Books are here

    https://www.imperial-library.info/

    You can search by keywords.

    Thanks, but not what I am asking/looking for.
  • TheImperfect
    TheImperfect
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    is it Leamon Tuttle?
  • Ajaxandriel
    Ajaxandriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mrsrobot wrote: »
    is it Leamon Tuttle?
    it is

    Previously it was Lawrence Schick
    TESO:Triskelion - forum RP, guilde francophone
    Ajaxandriel - haut-elfe gardien 50 ;
    Altarya - haute-elfe templière 50 ;
    Angelith - elfe des bois gardienne 50 ;
    Antarius Scorpio - impérial chevalier-dragon 50 ;
    Artémidore de Corbeaulieu - bréton lame noire 50 ;
    Azothos Sadras - elfe noir sorcier 50 ;
    Celestras - haut-elfe sorcier 50 ;
    Diluviatar - elfe des mers sorcier 50 ;
    Dorguldun gro-Arash - orque sorcier 50 ;
    Hjarnar - nordique sorcier 50 ;
    Jendaya al-Gilane - rougegarde chevalier-dragon 50 ;
    Sabbathnazar Ullikummi - elfe noir chevalier-dragon 50 ;
    Selvaryn Virotès - elfe noire lame noire 50 ;
    Tahajmi - khajiit sorcière 50 ;
    Telernil - haut-elfe templier 50 ;
    Zadzadak - gobelin nécromancien 50 ;
    Zandoga - rougegarde chevalier-dragon 50
  • Anumaril
    Anumaril
    ✭✭✭✭
    Shoddycast's Youtube TES lore series is a great starting point for getting into lore, but they don't produce anything anymore. Other Youtubers that produce TES lore content includes Imperial Knowledge and Lady of Scrolls, which might be the kind of content you are looking for. However, they aren't ESO-sepecific, and I'm not sure if they would do videos about specific dungeons, etc.
    Imperial Knowledge: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMW69rckdtyHUqaOyBO_4zg (more similar to Nobbel I think)
    Lady of Scrolls: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCs4YqYIe-FtpQsAzdn47Vig
    Edited by Anumaril on May 11, 2020 9:19AM
  • Shmoji
    Shmoji
    Soul Shriven
    Not to shamelessly self-promote, but the goal of my channel called Shmoji is to explain ESO lore simply. My most recent videos were on Greymoor. Specifically, Fennorian, Rada al-Saran, and the Icereach Coven. I wish you the best in your adventures!
  • vestahls
    vestahls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Selectives Lorecast doesn't focus specifically on ESO, but they reference it quite a lot. Some episodes, like the one on Sotha Sil, are almost exclusively ESO. They're pretty casual as far as podcasts go though, so it's not for everyone.

    They go quite in depth on each topic, and have actually interesting insights. They even had Kirkbride on once, for an episode on Lorkhan.
    “He is even worse than a n'wah. He is - may Vivec forgive me for uttering this word - a Hlaalu.”
    luv Abnur
    luv Rigurt
    luv Stibbons

    'ate Ayrenn
    'ate Razum-dar
    'ate Khamira

    simple as
  • Aigym_Hlervu
    Aigym_Hlervu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shmoji wrote: »
    Not to shamelessly self-promote, but the goal of my channel called Shmoji is to explain ESO lore simply. My most recent videos were on Greymoor. Specifically, Fennorian, Rada al-Saran, and the Icereach Coven. I wish you the best in your adventures!

    Thank you for your wishes, Shmoji! So, what was your point if not to shamelessly self-promote yourself in a thread named "Ok, who's the ESO community loremaster? :)"?
  • Shmoji
    Shmoji
    Soul Shriven
    This probably isn't discussion meant for a thread, but I said it that way because I was very much self promoting. However, the point of it is to help people understand ESO lore without tons of research. Also, newbie forum question: is there any way to get notifications from comments on these threads?
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shmoji wrote: »
    This probably isn't discussion meant for a thread, but I said it that way because I was very much self promoting. However, the point of it is to help people understand ESO lore without tons of research. Also, newbie forum question: is there any way to get notifications from comments on these threads?

    There's a little star on the far right of the thread title to Bookmark the thread that should get you notifications. Depending on your settings, you might get emails for every comment.

    Alternatively, if you look at the Participated tab, you can see threads you've commented in and recent activity will cause it to pop up to the top.
  • PrayingSeraph
    PrayingSeraph
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Michael Kirkbride is the man you need.

    That's the fanon master, not the loremaster
  • Aigym_Hlervu
    Aigym_Hlervu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Michael Kirkbride is the man you need.

    That's the fanon master, not the loremaster

    Oh, really? How could have I missed it during those decades of playing TES games?.. He is neither "fanon master" nor loremaster, my friend. He is Michael Kirkbride, if you understand what I mean. That post of mine was just a sarcasm of an old player to make the likes of me smile to the question the OP asked in this thread. Back in my days of the beginning of TES universe we all know, we had no "youtube loremasters", no densely populated forums, UESP was young, green ;) and unknown to many, and we could not even think of asking questions like the OP asked. We shared knowledge of lore among us, but made "tons of research", as Shmoji named it above, ourselves to understand it. Because, unlike knowledge, understanding is not shared - it is acquired personally through study and experience. For all these decades we've been playing TES, always learning something new, but still remembering the old; taking quests and spending long hours to read the in-game books, dialogues, sharing our insights, travelling to each corner of these games' worlds, etc. We asked complex questions and answered them, we shared knowledge and were so happy when an insight visited us after long periods of cerebrating. Some certain things of TES III became clear in 15 (!) years only.. Yes, that is a great game with an outstanding story!

    But today some people tend to
    Shmoji wrote: »
    understand ESO lore without tons of research
    They take work without being professionals, having no skill and education, not because they are forced to, but because they want, they believe it is possible to understand complex things without study, they know almost nothing about the world around them, they lack education, but a direct self-promotion is ok to them and is not considered as something indecent, etc. They don't even know how to use the so called "google-fu", because no search engine can give answers to one's questions if a man has no questions at all or can't formulate them due to the reasons I have mentioned here. It's much easier to come here and ask "Who's the coolest loremaster here?" and give some odd terms along such a question. It's much easier to make a few youtube videos on questing to self-promote oneself as a lore sage in a thread with such a name, justifying it with a good intent "to help people understand".. Whatever they do, their questions and works are simple and primitive or were answered decades ago, but they still don't do a thing to try to find answers themselves. Because of such people, as I suppose it, TES games become more and more simplified in terms of it's stories, mechanics.. Simple games for simple minded people.. To these people was directed my sarcasm, @PrayingSeraph, though I understand, that they are not the ones to be accused in anything - they are not guilty in not fitting my perception of what is right or wrong. People are products of education and environment, if not of some will beyond the world. So, this is why it was just a sarcasm. Ah.. o tempora, o mores. Seeing you've called MK that firmly in your reply, I see you were serious thinking I was unaware of who he was when I wrote that post of mine there. I know who MK is and I am definitely not the man whom you need to explain the MK's role in this universe.
    Edited by Aigym_Hlervu on June 5, 2020 6:07AM
  • PrayingSeraph
    PrayingSeraph
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Michael Kirkbride is the man you need.

    That's the fanon master, not the loremaster

    Oh, really? How could have I missed it during those decades of playing TES games?.. He is neither "fanon master" nor loremaster, my friend. He is Michael Kirkbride, if you understand what I mean. That post of mine was just a sarcasm of an old player to make the likes of me smile to the question the OP asked in this thread. Back in my days of the beginning of TES universe we all know, we had no "youtube loremasters", no densely populated forums, UESP was young, green ;) and unknown to many, and we could not even think of asking questions like the OP asked. We shared knowledge of lore among us, but made "tons of research", as Shmoji named it above, ourselves to understand it. Because, unlike knowledge, understanding is not shared - it is acquired personally through study and experience. For all these decades we've been playing TES, always learning something new, but still remembering the old; taking quests and spending long hours to read the in-game books, dialogues, sharing our insights, travelling to each corner of these games' worlds, etc. We asked complex questions and answered them, we shared knowledge and were so happy when an insight visited us after long periods of cerebrating. Some certain things of TES III became clear in 15 (!) years only.. Yes, that is a great game with an outstanding story!

    But today some people tend to
    Shmoji wrote: »
    understand ESO lore without tons of research
    They take work without being professionals, having no skill and education, not because they are forced to, but because they want, they believe it is possible to understand complex things without study, they know almost nothing about the world around them, they lack education, but a direct self-promotion is ok to them and is not considered as something indecent, etc. They don't even know how to use the so called "google-fu", because no search engine can give answers to one's questions if a man has no questions at all or can't formulate them due to the reasons I have mentioned here. It's much easier to come here and ask "Who's the coolest loremaster here?" and give some odd terms along such a question. It's much easier to make a few youtube videos on questing to self-promote oneself as a lore sage in a thread with such a name, justifying it with a good intent "to help people understand".. Whatever they do, their questions and works are simple and primitive or were answered decades ago, but they still don't do a thing to try to find answers themselves. Because of such people, as I suppose it, TES games become more and more simplified in terms of it's stories, mechanics.. Simple games for simple minded people.. To these people was directed my sarcasm, @PrayingSeraph, though I understand, that they are not the ones to be accused in anything - they are not guilty in not fitting my perception of what is right or wrong. People are products of education and environment, if not of some will beyond the world. So, this is why it was just a sarcasm. Ah.. o tempora, o mores. Seeing you've called MK that firmly in your reply, I see you were serious thinking I was unaware of who he was when I wrote that post of mine there. I know who MK is and I am definitely not the man whom you need to explain the MK's role in this universe.

    Hahaha reading all that made me smile.

    I wasn't sure if you were someone from ES Wikia or TESlore who promote post-Bethesda MK writings as canon. There are plenty of non-sarcastic posts like your original one ;)
  • Foto1
    Foto1
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ashking (russian)
    PC/EU CP 1200+
    Artaxerks stamina dk khajiit
    Wayna Qhapaq magicka dk argonian
    Rorekur stamina sorc orc
    Maria de Medici magicka sorc breton
    Cordeilla stamina warden wood elf
    Quienn Gwendolen magicka warden high elf
    Nefertari stamina necro khajiit
    Boadicea Icenian magicka templar dark elf
    Clarice de Medici healer nb breton
  • Aigym_Hlervu
    Aigym_Hlervu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hahaha reading all that made me smile.

    I wasn't sure if you were someone from ES Wikia or TESlore who promote post-Bethesda MK writings as canon. There are plenty of non-sarcastic posts like your original one ;)

    Nah, I know what's canon and what isn't, there was no promotion. Moreover, MK doesn't need it - he played his role in this universe, maybe he'll play it again. But not now :).
Sign In or Register to comment.