The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

My weird idea for a trial/dung

Shadowlord3499
Shadowlord3499
Soul Shriven
To ZoS team :smile:
I have absolutely no idea about storytelling so you would have to make good story yourselves, but as I have been playing a lot of arenas lately (dragonstar, maelstrom, blackrose) I kind of feel lack of challenges. Yes, sure, I can go into vSS and try to get godslayer achievement, but I want more fun content, and not just some stuff that are hard, just because you add insane amounts of health to the bosses. Why not make something that players aren’t expecting at all ? What if we had an arena, that instead making new enemies and mechanics, just reuses some old content. Imgaine being on a arena that just decides to skip all the adds (like cloudrest) but instead minibosses you get to fight real bosses ?
Let’s say you get into this realm of vermina, and she forces you to fight your memories-dreams that are basically all previous trials mixed together. (I have 2 ideas, I will first explain the arena one) You are in a giant room, something similar in size to the Z-maja’s room, you meet a character, (maybe vermina itself) and then you get to start the thing, you’ll be presented with few bosses (let’s say only the las bosses) but the order in wich they appear will be completely different every time you come there. This will make each attempt interesting, and will never let you prepare in 100%. If that is a bit too extreme it could also be the “hardmode” with addition of some hm mechanics from those bosses. You could also technically make some special changes so maybe every next boss appears at like, 15% hp of the current one. As for idea n* 2, you could make it that you are in this dream realm platform or sth, and there are these lovely, giant sunspire doors in front, but once you go through it, the trial looks similar to one of other trials, ill take the long path after zhassa the forgotten from maw of lorhaj. But as you go in it, the adds that you see *or they appear are completely random, instead sun-eaters you get alkosh fates with robots or sth.
then you get to the big boss, wich could be anything, then you have another door that lead to another trial piece, or to dragon arena perhaps, and again the same thing, annoying ads and boss. As for the last boss. There could be something like, after defeating each previous boss you get some fun scene where the same person, creature that you meet at the beginning uses mass vampire sucking, and then it transforms into a very ugly creature, like mix of the watcher with flesh abomination, maybe with dragon wings, etc, basically the worst nightmare you could come up with.
I know this idea is very stupid and it seems not only impossible to implement, but more it could be too hardcore for many players. If you don’t like the idea in the form of the trial, maybe it could be a dungeon, that simply uses many other bosses from dungs, or transform dung bosses into trial ones.
So, this is just an idea, please let me know if it is of any use to you as I am extremely curious what you think of it.