The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

12 consecutive pledge coffers gave me the same item

protoss2004
protoss2004
Soul Shriven
I know that there is RNG factor in pledges coffers but maybe there is a bug because i have got 12 times in a row the same item.
It's imperial city coffer and I always get Lord's Warden Shoulders. Never once got the molag Kena item.

Can you please look into it , it doesn't feel normal so there might be a bug which is also a lot frustating considering the time you need to get all those keys.
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I know that there is RNG factor in pledges coffers but maybe there is a bug because i have got 12 times in a row the same item.
    It's imperial city coffer and I always get Lord's Warden Shoulders. Never once got the molag Kena item.

Can you please look into it , it doesn't feel normal so there might be a bug which is also a lot frustating considering the time you need to get all those keys.

Are they all the same weight and trait?

If not, you got an outcome that should only happen 1/4096 of the time, or 1/2048 if we note that it would have been equally remarkable going the other way.

Anyhow, since I have litlte knowledge of how RNG is coded, if I'm having a bad run I stop, do something else, and come back to it later. When considering both the theoretical problems with RNGs (unlikely to be the big problem) and the chance of outright bugs, I have more faith that the raw count of outcomes will average properly over time than I do that the distribution of outcome sequences will reflect what we'd expect from a truly random test.

Even that faith isn't perfect, of course. If nothing else, loot tables in this game sometimes work out differently for a while than the devs truly want.