The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

STORMFIST.. why the 1 peice bonus doesn't make sense.

phoenixkungfu
phoenixkungfu
✭✭✭✭
Stormfist 1 peice DOESN'T MAKE SENSE and miss the mark of the goal of the monster sets changes. Eso you miss one. Let's go over what stormfist is...its the best HYBRID MONSTER SETS IN THE GAME. the one peice should reflect that. Stormfist one peice bonus should be STAM AND MAGIC( like domihaus)... stormfist should be encouraged to be use on any build.. it just make sense. If the 1 peice bonus remains the same..I for one as a magic user might not use it. Despite the fact that it FITS the theme of a magic sorcerer so well.
Edited by phoenixkungfu on April 30, 2020 9:35PM
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the latest Stormfist change is trying to tell us that it is a Stamina set. If it was intended to be useful on mag it would’ve gotten a bonus so the Physical Damage portion ignores Armor.

This also coincided with the change that dealing Lightning damage makes Ilambris weaker than sticking with a pure Fire Damage build. Very strange choice, and we’re now left without any Lightning based monster sets for Magicka builds.
  • phoenixkungfu
    phoenixkungfu
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think the latest Stormfist change is trying to tell us that it is a Stamina set. If it was intended to be useful on mag it would’ve gotten a bonus so the Physical Damage portion ignores Armor.

This also coincided with the change that dealing Lightning damage makes Ilambris weaker than sticking with a pure Fire Damage build. Very strange choice, and we’re now left without any Lightning based monster sets for Magicka builds.

Sweet insight. For me with all the new lightning creates and cool flash back lightning stuff. I'm looking at the theme and design of stormfist and it's a hybrid set. It fits everything A MAGIC SORCERER IS. I would like to see it on magic sorcerer builds. It just fit... so dont limit build potential. I 1 piece should have a magic and stamina( like domihaus)...the damage tactically scales with both magic and stam.
  • MJallday
    MJallday
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One piece monster sets might be a “thing” with this new antiquities system. Don’t rule it out yet
  • phoenixkungfu
    phoenixkungfu
    ✭✭✭✭
    MJallday wrote: »
    One piece monster sets might be a “thing” with this new antiquities system. Don’t rule it out yet

Very true but still this set should be balance. Since the patch is focus on this. It misses the mark
  • xaraan
    xaraan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also could have made it work for both by just having it give a crit buff like a few other monster sets do to both crit chances.
    -- @xaraan --
    nightblade: Xaraan templar: Xaraan-dar dragon-knight: Xaraanosaurus necromancer: Xaraan-qa warden: Xaraanodon sorcerer: Xaraan-ra
    AD • NA • PC
  • Ratzkifal
    Ratzkifal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    [...] Very strange choice, and we’re now left without any Lightning based monster sets for Magicka builds.
    What about Molag Kena? /s
    This Bosmer was tortured to death. There is nothing left to be done.
  • Malmai
    Malmai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Toilet set cant be one or another, leans toward stamina due to recovery and damage, wait time... Needs rework... Less skooma zos.
    Edited by Malmai on May 1, 2020 12:35AM
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I quite like using Stormfist on my Stam Sorc, who'd get a definite buff if ZOS added mag recovery too.