The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Character stuck falling

Room_101
Room_101
✭✭
My character fell through the map yesterday and has been stuck falling (jumping) every since. Have raised this will support but got an automated "Have you tried the /stuck command" which was the first thing tried and didn't work, hence the ticket. Has anyone any ideas how to resolve this?
Thanks.
Can you run a MMO on Novell Netware 4.1 over IPX/SPX. Join ESO and find out!
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Reply to the ticket stating what they recommended didn't help, you should get a member of support look at it then and reply/help. You can also add your ticket number to this thread in case anyone from ZOS support reads it.

Make sure to give the character name/location if you can.

Things you can try yourself are porting to another player/wayshrine or /stuck, although these don't work if the character starts in motion and stays in motion whilst logged in.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • ZOS_Chiroptera
    ZOS_Chiroptera
    ✭✭✭
    Hey @Room_101, do you have a ticket number that we could look up for you?
    The Elder Scrolls Online - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Room_101
    Room_101
    ✭✭
    Hey @Room_101, do you have a ticket number that we could look up for you?

Yes, ticket 200429-007716. Thanks.
    Edited by Room_101 on April 30, 2020 9:12PM
  • MilkJugg24
    MilkJugg24
    ✭✭
    Another suggestion: Are you able to join a dungeon queue, and accept the invite to teleport you into the instance? Once inside the dungeon, teleport to a wayshrine to reset your exit location, then either teleport back to the dungeon or drop-group.
    I play on PC NA! Currently looking for a casual dungeon and trial group/guild. If you want to talk, feel free to message me here or in-game to Pizza (Yes, I'm the original Pizza)
    Follow me on Twitter for video games and cats. I also casually stream on Twitch!
  • Room_101
    Room_101
    ✭✭
    MilkJugg24 wrote: »
    Another suggestion: Are you able to join a dungeon queue, and accept the invite to teleport you into the instance? Once inside the dungeon, teleport to a wayshrine to reset your exit location, then either teleport back to the dungeon or drop-group.

Won't allow me to click on the button, also cannot queue for Cyrodiil either. Thanks for the suggestion though.
  • MilkJugg24
    MilkJugg24
    ✭✭
    Room_101 wrote: »
    Thanks for the suggestion though.

No problem, sorry it didn't work. Seems like you're in quite the predicament then. Hopefully you're able to enjoy playing a different character while waiting for a Game Manager can teleport your character to a safe location.
    I play on PC NA! Currently looking for a casual dungeon and trial group/guild. If you want to talk, feel free to message me here or in-game to Pizza (Yes, I'm the original Pizza)
    Follow me on Twitter for video games and cats. I also casually stream on Twitch!
  • ZOS_Chiroptera
    ZOS_Chiroptera
    ✭✭✭
    Hi @Room_101. just wanted to confirm that your ticket is in the right place and we received your latest update. A support agent will reach out as soon as possible.

Please keep in mind that we are experiencing high contact volumes right now leading to longer wait times.

Thank you for understanding.
    The Elder Scrolls Online - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Staff Post
  • Room_101
    Room_101
    ✭✭
    Ten days later and nothing. Still falling...
  • christoblah
    christoblah
    Soul Shriven
    I am having the exact same problem, and seeing that it's been 10 days and you're still stuck does not fill me with confidence :(

If ZOS is seeing this, I have a ticket as well 200509-006997 and just need my character moving. Please help us!
  • Azrael001
    Azrael001
    ✭✭✭
    Logging off for 15 minutes generally fixes anything like that as it resets your location in many instances (meaning it teleports you out of dungeons, recalculates your position, sends you to the beginning of the map in Cyro or the Imperial City, etc).
  • christoblah
    christoblah
    Soul Shriven
    Yeah, no that doesn't work. Still there in the same delve, still falling.
  • christoblah
    christoblah
    Soul Shriven
    This was one for ZOS support. My character has been moved now. It might take a little while for them to get back to you as it's very busy due to the pandemic (everybody is playing ESO), but when submitting a ticket to support, be sure to specify your character name and explain how you got into that situation in as much detail as possible. This'll help avoid the to-and-fro between yourself and the agent, resulting in faster service.
  • iriastu
    iriastu
    Soul Shriven
    Stuck in the same situation my character has been down for 4 days now. Have video of what happened fell through the floor in the hall of the dead and then fell through the textures and have been falling since. Made a video of what is happening /stuck, /camp, /playdead, fast travel (FT), FT to player, FT to campaign all do no work. hope ZOS replies soon to contact help 3 days ago.

I can't wait to play again.
  • igniz93
    igniz93
    ✭✭✭
    So we've got characters stuck falling, characters stuck in invisible groups. How interesting :) this game is interesting!
  • iriastu
    iriastu
    Soul Shriven

Day 5 Update - still stuck managed to get the loading screen for eastmarch but the game crashed and shows this error (in the picture below). No add-ons are on right now.

k516uqbypgjm.png

I haven't heard back from anyone at ZOS or Bethesda or than boilerplate response.

Question Reference # 200515-009049 & 200515-008063

Anyone with ideas please help.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @iriastu

Please check your forum inbox for an update regarding your stuck character.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Staff Post
  • iriastu
    iriastu
    Soul Shriven
    My character is free. THANK YOU SO MUCH ADMIN. I need to clean the house as I have plans this evening. Thank you!!!!!
  • ArcanumTheGreat
    iriastu wrote: »
    Stuck in the same situation my character has been down for 4 days now. Have video of what happened fell through the floor in the hall of the dead and then fell through the textures and have been falling since. Made a video of what is happening /stuck, /camp, /playdead, fast travel (FT), FT to player, FT to campaign all do no work. hope ZOS replies soon to contact help 3 days ago.

I can't wait to play again.

Only 4 days?! Not to bad there i submitted my ticket on the 9th and still nothing on my end lol. I figure it may be resolved the day after the ESO Plus I just renewed expires right in time for me to have to pay again. I would really love for it to be fixed by the time Greymoor comes out as I bought the Collectors Edition just a few hours before the issue. I do have to say however that at least the people on the forum let you know your ticket is in the que as there is no way to tell otherwise.

Glad to see you are unstuck and can enjoy the game again!
    Edited by ArcanumTheGreat on May 20, 2020 10:58PM
  • igniz93
    igniz93
    ✭✭✭
    Any solution for stuck characters in invisible, corrupted groups, besides waiting till next maintenance? ...