The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

[VIDEO] ZOS giving feedback and declaring that they are working on fixes for Cyrodiil lag in 2015

Ruder
Ruder
✭✭✭✭
Brian Wheeler in ESO Live is talking about Cyrodiil Lag and performance improvements, starts from 2:46 minutes
https://youtu.be/nwvLxwBGswE?t=166

This was 2015, now it is 2020, so what happened ?
Edited by Ruder on April 30, 2020 5:53PM
  • Czekoludek
    Czekoludek
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They communicate less?
  • J2JMC
    J2JMC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jeez, what a throwback.
    Knee Jerk, L2P, Obtuse, Casual, Entitled, All The Best, unnecessary mention of CoD

Battle leveling for pve content defeats the idea of progression. Remove CP

"Apparently the players are more informed than we are"-Richard Lambert

• karekiz
    karekiz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ruder wrote: »
    Brian Wheeler in ESO Live is talking about Cyrodiil Lag and performance improvements, starts from 2:46 minutes

They realized Cyrodill lags....

Because its Cyrodill, and only a rewrite of the entire engine and map would fix it.
    Edited by karekiz on April 30, 2020 6:09PM
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    speeez if you're reading this please call me. Our son is asking where his father has gone and I don't know what to tell him. We miss you.
  • justaquickword
    justaquickword
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just waiting for someone to post something which includes the words "back in the day"....
  • gp1680
    gp1680
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As a famous rock band once sang - The Song Remains The Same.
  • EdmondDontes
    EdmondDontes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    gp1680 wrote: »
    As a famous rock band once sang - The Song Remains The Same.

Seems more like the famous rock band that couldn't find the stage....after watching that video (This is Spinal Tap)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WiR4kQRY510

Lets just say I know what it feels like to be in that crowd wondering when the band will make it to the stage finally.
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just waiting for someone to post something which includes the words "back in the day"....

Back in the day I was playing modded Skyrim, waiting for ZOS to polish ESO to perfection... I didn't know that 2015 was best year to play.
  • Destai
    Destai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This is hilarious. Rich. And Hilarious.
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's not like they haven't been trying, just nothing has worked to the level we demand.

If there was some magic fix to make Cyrodiil the perfect lag free PvP experience I am pretty sure they would do it, they surely understand the revenue that would have.

As for communication, ZOS gonna ZOS. We should be used to what we have by now because they've shown they're never going to be the super open and involved company people desire.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Destai
    Destai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I wonder what flavor bubblegum is holding up the desyncs?

[snip]

I'd like ZoS to confirm what features are officially held up by duct tape and bubble gum.

[edited to remove quote]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on December 17, 2023 7:31PM
  • Vicinia
    Vicinia
    ✭✭✭✭
    They just have to replace the elderly hamster(s) in the wheel. Servers will be good as new after that :trollface:
  • Nemesis7884
    Nemesis7884
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

i think the problem is, the main issue is the engine and the server structure...if your foundation is rotten there is not that much you can do...and while they can make small improvements here and there that help a bit, all that is basically eaten up by the huge influx of players
  • shaielzafine
    shaielzafine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ahahaha this is interesting to watch their nonverbals. I bet the servers ran better back then too, it's only gotten worse over time and the community has gotten more vocal about it. I see more complaints in zone chat, guild chat and discords now. And they communicate less because it's the same old
  • Steev_z
    Steev_z
    ✭✭
    5 years later and it got worse.... How is it even possible....
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »
    It's not like they haven't been trying, just nothing has worked to the level we demand.
    Then don't make promises you can't deliver. Nobody would be this mad if they had of just said "We don't know what the hell we're doing".
  • Universe
    Universe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I have given up on PVP because of the poor performance.
    The current performance in Cyrodiil and Battlegrounds is so poor compared to about a year ago...
    It is unfortunate that the "attempts" to fix the performance only made it much... worse.
    Some videos I recorded for fun: Main character:
    PC EU main: Universe - AD magicka Sorcerer, Former Emperor, Grand Overlord, The Merciless, Trial Bosses Solo Champion
    Top alts: Genius(stamina/sagicka Dragonknight) The Force(stamina Nightblade) and other chars.
    PC NA main: The Magic - AD magicka Sorcerer
    Started playing ESO in beta & early access
    User_ID: Daedric_Prince
  • MusCanus
    MusCanus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here you go.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_ESwnQHPAI
  • CleymenZero
    CleymenZero
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Wow.... Wasn't there back then but I've certainly seen degradation since summer 2017... Only degradation...
  • ZOS_FalcoYamaoka
    Greetings,
    We had to remove some posts due to violating our rules involving baiting. Please keep your posts constructive and civil. If you have any questions about the actions being taken, please take a moment to review our community rules here.
    Staff Post
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Body language and seeing some "effort" leads me to believe that the workers know they need more or different than the management is having them do. If you are in a tech job, it is common that busines type want something while the technology just doesn't match up. It gets even worse if they find a middle management on the technical side who say yes without consulting with the subject matter expert or flat out ignore them to be able to tell the boss what they want to hear.

I'm not saying that is what's happening here. Just saying it happens and I wouldn't be surprised
  • OtarTheMad
    OtarTheMad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

[snip]

^ This

As much as we all crap on zos they are smart and I think they figured out how to fix Cyrodiil a while back but just can't because of the powers that be. They can't rewrite the whole engine or shut down the game to redo the whole map or etc. because even though that could help/fix it... not in the budget. So ZOS is trying to relieve some stress and improve performance the way they can, which is within budget.

Wouldn't be the first time the corporate/business side of things ruined a good thing, you see it all the time.

[edited to remove quote]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on December 17, 2023 7:32PM
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alucardo wrote: »
    Then don't make promises you can't deliver. Nobody would be this mad if they had of just said "We don't know what the hell we're doing".
    Marketing would be pretty mad. :tongue:
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If there was some magic fix to make Cyrodiil the perfect lag free PvP experience I am pretty sure they would do it, they surely understand the revenue that would have.

As for communication, ZOS gonna ZOS. We should be used to what we have by now because they've shown they're never going to be the super open and involved company people desire.

All three points here are accurate. One challenge is being able to test a fix since it cannot be tested on the PTS properly since few players enter the campaigns at any given time.
  • Nomadic_Atmoran
    Nomadic_Atmoran
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alucardo wrote: »

Its no ones fault but youre own if you mistook their reassurances of working to solve the problem as a promise that would be met.
    Penniless Sellsword Company
    Captain Paramount Jorrhaq Vhent
    Korith Eaglecry - Laerinel Rhaev - Enrerion - Caius Berilius - Seylina Ithvala - Signa Squallrider - H'Vak the Grimjawl
    Yynril Rothvani - Tenarei Rhaev - Bathes-In-Coin - Dazsh Ro Khar - Aredyhel - Reads-To-Frogs - Azjani Ma'Les
    Kheshna gra-Gharbuk - Gallisten Bondurant - Aban Shahid Bakr - Etain Maquier - Atsu Kalame - Faulpia Severinus
  • Poncho28
    Poncho28
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe if ZoS were compelled to divulge or share with us why Cyrodiil isn't receiving the same attention and quality of service as the rest of Tamriel?
    Poncho-Dovahkiin (Defilers of Molag Bal, Lost Souls of Tamriel, Foundations Start, Rebellious Spirit)
  • BackStabeth
    BackStabeth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How can you possibly work on fixing bugs with the current system as it stands right now, today, when those who are working on bugs are forever working on the bugs, issues and problems related to new content?

Who is working on old issues and bugs?

How can you possibly say things will get better when you have bugs, issues and lag that exist right now today, and then new content is added that has it's own bugs, issues and will create even more lag?

[snip]

They don't exist in my world to be sure, math is math, numbers are numbers. If you have people working on new bugs, not old bugs, the old bugs are not being worked on, they don't get reduced. If you add new content, that has bugs, you are adding more bugs, not taking any away. If you are adding new content to the game that has no reduction in bugs, that has bugs of it's own, you have not removed or reduced the number of bugs but you have instead, increased the numbers of bugs. More bugs means more issues, more bugs and more issues mean more complaints and more people fleeing the game.

It's really simple math, if ZoS does not start concentrating on installing more server resources, and fixing the bugs/issues that exist in the game today they will only get worse, people we get more frustrated, and the game will depopulate.

I am now directing this next comment to those managers who manage funding of department budgets. Why are you not providing more funds so that the right hardware can be purchased? Why are you not funding those departments who's primary role is to find and fix the bugs and other software issues that make the game unplayable at times and frustrate so many of us? Is it because you are not clear there are serious issues and problems?

Can you answer us? We deserve to know why money is not being spent, our money that we gave you to provide us with a working entertainment product, to fix all those serious issues that have existed for so many years!

If you do not start addressing these problems and issues, we are going to leave and then you won't have any funds to allocate for anything.

Fix the problems or we leave, is that easy enough math for you?

[edited for baiting and bashing]
    Edited by ZOS_FalcoYamaoka on May 4, 2020 3:06PM
  • Ahtu
    Ahtu
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sunday at 3:15 PM EST and the game is lagged to hell. Players rubberbanding and freezing everywhere, I eventually get disconnect even though there aren't many players around. Log back in and notice a 10 second delay on skills and still rubberbanding.

Log off.
  • xxthir13enxx
    xxthir13enxx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yaaaa....

All I really have to say here is

Bless you Fengrush for fighting the g’d fight

You’ve definitely been the most vocal advocate for the PvP community... we thank you
  • Mr_Walker
    Mr_Walker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    *yawn*

Wake me up when they actually do something, not just telling me they're going to do something.