The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Mag Dk Frame Rate problems since update

p4l4mu7
p4l4mu7
✭✭✭✭
Since last update whenever I cast spells like talons, eruption, blockade my game goes slow motion for couple seconds. I have no issue with my stam toons but mag dk is currently unplayable for me. I get +60 fps during combat but whenever I cast those spells I get 15-20 fps for a short duration.
  • MilkJugg24
    MilkJugg24
    ✭✭
    p4l4mu7 wrote: »
    I get +60 fps during combat but whenever I cast those spells I get 15-20 fps for a short duration.

Since your machine seems capable, are you able to record your screen to show in detail what is triggering this to happen? I can't promise that I or anyone can fix something from it, but your visual feedback could help a lot it digging deeper towards a solution.

In addition, you should create a ticket in-game using the /bug command. I would recommend describing your issue and linking this thread as a reference if you wish to post further information and findings. You should also create a DxDiag.txt file and attach that to the bug fix support ticket. Note: Do not post the DxDiag.txt file to this public thread, as it contains detailed information on what hardware components you use.

To create a DxDiag.txt file, complete the following steps:
    1. Press the Windows Key + R
    2. Type DxDiag in the text field, and press enter.
    3. Wait for the information to load, and select "Save All information..."
    4. Browse to your preferred save location, and save the file.
    5. Log into ESO Support and attach the DxDiag.txt to the ticket for ZeniMax's reference.
    I play on PC NA! Currently looking for a casual dungeon and trial group/guild. If you want to talk, feel free to message me here or in-game to Pizza (Yes, I'm the original Pizza)
    Follow me on Twitter for video games and cats. I also casually stream on Twitch!
    Options
  • KhajiitiLizard
    KhajiitiLizard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I seem just fine... though to be fair I have a very very beefy GPU (RTX 2080).
    Options
  • MilkJugg24
    MilkJugg24
    ✭✭
    @KhajiitiLizard Thank you for providing that information.

I was not able to replicate the issue myself, and I'm using an AMD RX 5600 XT with an Intel 4790K. My GPU practically sleeps while playing this game, most likely because of how the engine is still DirectX 11 and doesn't have a lot of features that stresses GPUs.

I have a feeling that perhaps this is isolated more towards a CPU issue, due to how the abilities @p4l4mu7 listed use particles that might have more physics on them compared to some stamina abilities. It's a long-shot, but I'm just trying to make the best from what I understand. It would also explain the slow-motion they were experiencing, because the only time I see my computer act in slow-motion, is when the CPU is really really stressed out.
    I play on PC NA! Currently looking for a casual dungeon and trial group/guild. If you want to talk, feel free to message me here or in-game to Pizza (Yes, I'm the original Pizza)
    Follow me on Twitter for video games and cats. I also casually stream on Twitch!
    Options
  • KhajiitiLizard
    KhajiitiLizard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have an i7 8700k clocked at 4.8Ghz so I have a pretty beefy CPU as well... and I have no issues.

When I first started playing this game I was still using a PC with an Athlon X4 at 2.6Ghz and some really low end Radeon card that had only 512MB of VRAM... now playing the game on that underpowered of a system was a drag... but I kept playing.

But yeah it does suck for those these days that are stuck on lower-end PCs.
    Options