The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

PvP, Lag, ESO+

Steev_z
Steev_z
✭✭
So I decided to quit my ESO+ after being a loyal customer for almost 6 years.
The reason why is pretty clear for everyone I guess, the ongoing lag problems in Cyro.
I like the lore and a lot of parts of the game don't get me wrong
but after 6 years of waiting for them to fix PvP I kind of had enough.
I will still log on at non-peak times just to have some fun, but for now, no more ESO+.

My question to you all, if the chapter and patch do not fix the lag what will you do?
Edited by Steev_z on April 30, 2020 7:11AM
  • MusCanus
    MusCanus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will keep in uninstalled.
  • kyle.wilson
    kyle.wilson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Without ESO+ this game becomes Inventory Management Online.
    Last time I let my ESO+ lapse I quit playing after a week, I didn't play again for almost 6 months.
  • silky_soft
    silky_soft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Intel probs paying them not to move to epyc server hardware.
    Here $15, goat mount please. Not paying 45 : lol :
    Netch is free with a cleanse and free magika. You nerf siphon into the ground. Nice balance team.
    How do you go home every night and say, I did a great job at work today. You actually do your job properly.
    Step 1: roll templar. Step 2: level up jabs. Step 3: slap on weapon damage build. Step 4: que for bg. Step 5: leap...jabsjabsjabsjabs
  • ShawnLaRock
    ShawnLaRock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The main thing is... the patch CAN’T fix what you are calling “lag.”

They are in a spin now to try and “balance” skills & processes to keep them within the confines of what the engine can actually do. That’s the bottom line.

ESO+ is a separate issue.

S.
  • Steev_z
    Steev_z
    ✭✭
    The main thing is... the patch CAN’T fix what you are calling “lag.”

They are in a spin now to try and “balance” skills & processes to keep them within the confines of what the engine can actually do. That’s the bottom line.

ESO+ is a separate issue.

S.

So even with their 'server capacity increase' the lag will remain?
    That is sad... Especially for a game with that amount of players, money, lore....

:neutral:
  • AOECAPS
    AOECAPS
    ✭✭✭✭
    Left ESO after TG launch because the lag in cyro and lack of end game content came back January of this year because I was bored and wanted to see if those issues were fixed. With there being great content now it’s unfortunate that cyro still has so many issues and BGs has 0 MM or balancing. Hell they could revamp BGs as a ranked mode (bronze-masters/grandmasters like a moba and use that to balance out introduce matchmaking) cyro its a lost cause I feel shame to because it’s amazing and have s lot of great memories from it. But now load in lag out stutter step abilities don’t cast then get pissed/frustrated because you’re wasting your time an literally doing nothing
  • andreasv
    andreasv
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Without ESO+ this game becomes Inventory Management Online.
    Last time I let my ESO+ lapse I quit playing after a week, I didn't play again for almost 6 months.

It's pretty disappointing when a developer receives support when they create a problem (inventory management) only to sell you the solution (ESO+). But to each their own I guess.
  • Luckylancer
    Luckylancer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Leaving ESO+ can feel bad if you are not prepared. Your bank space will be halved so you must be ready for it. Decon half of your bank reserves and fill your craft bag for next ESO+.

I play eso on side. I dont want to pay a game full of lag and p2w chapter content.