The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Enchants - Jewellery imbalance.

Sleevez340
Sleevez340
✭✭✭
Im curious what the reason is for this. The imbalances of jewellery enchants vs set bonuses.

The main concern being:

Why is a set bonus for adding armor 1487, yet enchanting your jewellery with armor is only 927?
Yes a set bonus for wpn or spell dmg is 125, yet enchanting it to your jewellery is 174?

Really all that does is force you to not use them, unless of course youre a moron, This really hurts theory crafting. Because you get pigeonholed into picking the right sets. Because certain aspects of sets and enchants in this game are just simply way way worse then others. Which is why there is about 10 sets in the game (out of hundreds) that make up the meta. Use it, or just be fodder for people using it.

(my opinion is from a pvp perspective, i dont pve. Tho i dont think capping armor is a huge issue right now throughout tamriel)
Edited by Sleevez340 on April 30, 2020 12:45AM
Kaiser Dragon ~ VR14 Bosmer Templar
Dark Priest
Aldmeri Dominion
  • Wandering_Immigrant
    Wandering_Immigrant
    ✭✭✭✭
    I believe that used to be more in line with set bonus and normal jewelry enchants. Don't remember the exact number but it was pretty commonly used. Got nerfed.

This brings up a got point though, with some of the other changes coming, nerfs to defensive sets and PvP healing I think ZOS should look at these and consider bringing them back in line with normal jewelry enchant standards