The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

ESO Myths

VocalThought
VocalThought
✭✭✭
There a lot of rumors, myths, and legends about ESO. What have you heard and what's the truth.
Edited by VocalThought on April 29, 2020 11:15PM
  • JKorr
    JKorr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Here.

https://www.imperial-library.info/content/special-collections

The Dog Ate My Homework is good.

Also it would take using the wayback machine, but going back to the original forums, www. elderscrolls. com [no spaces]
    there are fun Dev diaries. Lots of fun stuff, like Dunces with Wolves.....
    Edited by JKorr on April 29, 2020 11:23PM
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's a number of rumors that you can influence the refining RNG via certain player actions.
    I've heard:
    Refine high level and low level mats in alternating amounts
    Refine only in small amounts at a time
    Refine only one at a time instead of Multicrafting
    Refine only at a certain time in a game day
    Refine only when you get a "good" result the first time you try

None of them work when tested in statistically significant amounts, but its fun to listen to people's theories.
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    “The best raw mat refining rates in the game are at the starter zone crafting tables.”
  • mairwen85
    mairwen85
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    "your opinion and feedback is valued"
  • SidraWillowsky
    SidraWillowsky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Reasons why the 37th Sermon of Vivec is present in the game when it was written long after ESO takes place. Some use it as evidence that he did attain CHIM. I have no clue myself... I'm not high and/or smart enough to really understand Kirkbride's metaphysical stuff.
  • wenchmore420b14_ESO
    wenchmore420b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Dont hit pinions in dolmens till end to make a name boss appear.
    Pick locks from back to front for better loot.

There a few more from launch, cant remember them off hand.. :)
    Drakon Koryn~Oryndill, Rogue~Mage,- CP ~Doesn't matter any more
    NA / PC Beta Member since Nov 2013
    GM~Conclave-of-Shadows, EP Social Guild, ~Proud member of: The Wandering Merchants, Phoenix Rising, Imperial Trade Union & Celestials of Nirn
    Sister Guilds with: Coroner's Report, Children of Skyrim, Sunshine Daydream, Tamriel Fisheries, Knights Arcanum and more
    "Not All Who Wander are Lost"
    #MOREHOUSINGSLOTS
    “When the people that can make the company more successful are sales and marketing people, they end up running the companies. The product people get driven out of the decision making forums, and the companies forget what it means to make great products.”

_Steve Jobs (The Lost Interview)
  • Fjorynn
    Fjorynn
    ✭✭✭
    tea bags give extra AP
    I like janky builds.
  • wenchmore420b14_ESO
    wenchmore420b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Reasons why the 37th Sermon of Vivec is present in the game when it was written long after ESO takes place. Some use it as evidence that he did attain CHIM. I have no clue myself... I'm not high and/or smart enough to really understand Kirkbride's metaphysical stuff.

I found a way to understand Kirkbride but it is illegal in my state... Lmao! Huzzah!
    Drakon Koryn~Oryndill, Rogue~Mage,- CP ~Doesn't matter any more
    NA / PC Beta Member since Nov 2013
    GM~Conclave-of-Shadows, EP Social Guild, ~Proud member of: The Wandering Merchants, Phoenix Rising, Imperial Trade Union & Celestials of Nirn
    Sister Guilds with: Coroner's Report, Children of Skyrim, Sunshine Daydream, Tamriel Fisheries, Knights Arcanum and more
    "Not All Who Wander are Lost"
    #MOREHOUSINGSLOTS
    “When the people that can make the company more successful are sales and marketing people, they end up running the companies. The product people get driven out of the decision making forums, and the companies forget what it means to make great products.”

_Steve Jobs (The Lost Interview)
  • SidraWillowsky
    SidraWillowsky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I found a way to understand Kirkbride but it is illegal in my state... Lmao! Huzzah!

LOL! Yeah, me reading it is basically:

"Words word words words Vivec is an egg? And the netchiman's wife? word word words oh look, Sotha Sil split himself "again" in bed with Almalexia. But this was before they were gods? huh words words words words oh god he lay with Molag Bal for a long time and named his resulting "spear" MUATRA, which can also be rearranged to TRAUMA, which makes one wonder if perhaps this is all a metaphor for abuse words words words words ok I've reached the end of what I can kind of understand because the person who writes a Cliff Notes version hasn't finished yet so I'll just skip to Sermon 37 words words Sotha Sil is pregnant with Memory? I'm just confused THE ENDING OF THE WORDS IS ALMSIVI/HORATOR/AMARANTH and so on and so forth."
    Edited by SidraWillowsky on April 30, 2020 2:42AM
  • witchdoctor
    witchdoctor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    People still trying to dismiss away AC as some mistake the Devs weren't bothered enough to fix.

tenor.gif?itemid=4953579
  • witchdoctor
    witchdoctor
    ✭✭✭✭✭

LOL! Yeah, me reading it is basically:

"Words word words words Vivec is an egg? And the netchiman's wife? word word words oh look, Sotha Sil split himself "again" in bed with Almalexia. But this was before they were gods? huh words words words words oh god he lay with Molag Bal for a long time and named his resulting "spear" MUATRA, which can also be rearranged to TRAUMA, which makes one wonder if perhaps this is all a metaphor for abuse words words words words ok I've reached the end of what I can kind of understand because the person who writes a Cliff Notes version hasn't finished yet so I'll just skip to Sermon 37 words words Sotha Sil is pregnant with Memory? I'm just confused THE ENDING OF THE WORDS IS ALMSIVI/HORATOR/AMARANTH and so on and so forth."

To give you credit, this actually makes more sense.
  • MattT1988
    MattT1988
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    “People who don’t PvP are scared of it”

Utter bull crap. Believe it or not there are people who just simply aren’t interested in the PvP in this game, that doesn’t mean they’re scared of it. I want this idea put to bed quick smart, any PvPer who drops this line is simply trying to bait people, which doesn’t help your argument/cause one bit.
  • kyle.wilson
    kyle.wilson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There a lot of rumors, myths, and legends about ESO. What have you heard and what's the truth.

That ZOS has been prioritizing game/server performance for 4 years.
  • kyle.wilson
    kyle.wilson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I always feel like I get more Perfect Roe, while fileting fish next to a provisioning station.
    It's most likely a placebo, but it's convincing.
  • zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dont hit pinions in dolmens till end to make a name boss appear.
    Pick locks from back to front for better loot.

There a few more from launch, cant remember them off hand.. :)

This myth has caused other players to rage at me.
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Werewolves correspond to the moon. I have screenshots to prove it doesn’t.
    #FiteForYourRite Bosmer = Stealth
    #OppositeResourceSiphoningAttacks
    || CP 1000+ || PC/NA || GUILDS: LWH; IA; CH; XA
    ""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom
  • wolfie1.0.
    wolfie1.0.
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    That fortified and potent nirn still only drop in upper craglorn.
  • Rake
    Rake
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Working servers
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not sure if it's still around but there was a rumour that if you looted chests in dungeons in the order you appear in the party window you'd get better loot. Although I also heard a rumour that only the last person in the list would get better items, and people who insisted on doing it that way were trying to keep all the best drops for themselves.
    MattT1988 wrote: »
    “People who don’t PvP are scared of it”

Utter bull crap. Believe it or not there are people who just simply aren’t interested in the PvP in this game, that doesn’t mean they’re scared of it. I want this idea put to bed quick smart, any PvPer who drops this line is simply trying to bait people, which doesn’t help your argument/cause one bit.

Similarly there's the idea that role-players are people who aren't "good enough" to copy the current flavour-of-the-month builds from fan sites, or generally mixing up new/inexperienced/casual players with role-players.

Role-playing is a different way of playing the game, but it's not something you could do by accident or because you don't know any better because it takes planning and coordinating with a group of other role-players to get a storyline going, and often building your character in a specific way to suit their role in the story. It's just that those roles and the builds involved are different to the ones used for farming dungeons or whatever.

(Although quite a few role-players will write stories to justify their character using flavour-of-the-month builds, so they can do both, or have separate characters for different activities.)
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • Grianasteri
    Grianasteri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Off the top of my head... I am aware of the following...

1. ESO is a terrible game, I just keep playing and spending time, money and effort on it and its forums, because... umm... reasons, shh.
    2. Every DLC/Update cycle, hundreds, nay thousands, tens of thousands, millions of players!, cancel their ESO+ subs and abandon ESO, often announcing this with a hissy fit on the forums... most of them don't of course, but shh.
    3. Unless you are doing high dps like the top 1 - 10% of players, you are a lazy, ignorant, noob and we hate you... sorry what, 90% of players just do about 15k - 20k dps? Shh, high deeps is easy, that's why only 1-10% of players manage it... err... shh.
    4. Anyone not playing the meta is a lazy, ignorant noob and we hate you... sorry you want to play for fun and enjoy ESO in all its wonderful variety and complexity? Shh, noob.
    5. Any, all, every attempt at making any positive suggestion or idea regarding ESO, must be shut down with an avalanche of negativity and screams of "FIX PERFORMANCE". Everyone knows its not possible to do more than one thing at a time so we demand you don't even talk, don't even THINK about improvements or development ideas, you idiot noob.

For the avoidance of doubt, and I think sadly this IS needed, the above is satire.
  • EvilAutoTech
    EvilAutoTech
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The game is dying.

Filet fish in batches of 50 for maximum perfect roe. (Does not work but at least you get less frustrated if you get none from 50 than you would if you got none from 200).

You can't do PVE and PVP with the same character and be effective without changing gear and CP (where applicable).

Console players are better because they don't have add-ons.

PC players are better because they have superior hardware.

You can't like PVE and PVP.

The game is too easy for everyone.

Bots always wear prisoner's clothing and have nonsense names.

Bots perform a service by keeping prices low for upgrade mats.

Only corrupt GMs like the guild trader system.
    Edited by EvilAutoTech on April 30, 2020 1:17PM
  • Vildebill
    Vildebill
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sorc pets aggros mobs and bosses out of nowhere seems to be a long living myth. I don't know how many dungeons and trials I've done on my pet sorc and the pets have never engaged in combat before I do.
    EU PC
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If your gear is not META, then you can't complete (insert any content name here)
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Raisin
    Raisin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Every once in a while, the topic of Trueflame still being obtainable pops up.
  • NocturnalSonata
    NocturnalSonata
    ✭✭✭
    performance is fine... :'(
  • L_Nici
    L_Nici
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Vildebill I actually wouldn't be surprised if that is true. In PvP situations a sneaking petsorc can be easy found, because his pets won't always vanish with him and will attack on their own.
    A very special girl

PC|EU
  • Vildebill
    Vildebill
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    L_Nici wrote: »
    @Vildebill I actually wouldn't be surprised if that is true. In PvP situations a sneaking petsorc can be easy found, because his pets won't always vanish with him and will attack on their own.

Haha and now you're adding to the myth :D love it!
    EU PC
  • robertthebard
    robertthebard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NBs are useless.
  • Mancombe_Nosehair
    Mancombe_Nosehair
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The game is unplayable
    People are leaving in droves
    90% of players play PvP
    I die in PvP because of the lag