The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

where to get purp oveland jewelry?

Leukedonia
Hello a couple newbie questions here.

I am looking for Murkmire overland jewelry in purple quality.
Since there are no dolmens for Murkmire, I heard you loot jewelry from chests and delve bosses.

1. Do they drop in purple quality? or do I have to farm vet dungeons?

2. If farming is pretty hard, thinking of just buying from guildstores but they are pretty expensive. Is there a big difference b/w blue and purp jewelry for PVP?

Thank you
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Overland chests will drop purple set items if they are master quality. However, if you have the treasure hunter CP passive, you will get purple set items out of both advanced and master chests and occasionally these set items will be jewelry. Basically, if you don't have access to the treasure hunter passive, you will have a very hard time finding purple jewels in Murkmire because chests are the only reliable way to farm them.

You may be able to get jewels from the 3rd daily quest reward, but I'm not an expert on that. Someone else may be able to confirm that.
    Edited by redspecter23 on April 29, 2020 10:23PM
  • Iarao
    Iarao
    ✭✭✭✭
    Leukedonia wrote: »

Since there are no dolmens for Murkmire, I heard you loot jewelry from chests and delve bosses.

2. If farming is pretty hard, thinking of just buying from guildstores but they are pretty expensive. Is there a big difference b/w blue and purp jewelry for PVP?

Thank you

i can tell you that you want the best you can get/afford for pvp. and that means gold jewelry is best. the golden comes every weekend and can sell gold jewelry. not every pc, just a selection that is rng(?) ea week. spending points in your cp specifically to get better stuff from the chests might be what you need to do.
  • xXMeowMeowXx
    xXMeowMeowXx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For Jewelry drops they are at Dolmens, Geysers, From Dragons, Dungeons, from Certain Bosses + Quests.

In PvP can be bought at the Golden Vendor, IC vendor, Elite Vendors

Rewards from PvP and BGs
    And Random GF for Dungeons
    Also, Trials and Arenas

:)

Vault in IC can be accessed from WGT too

For Murkmire

Dailies, Treasure Chests, and Random

Treasure Chests are really good for there

Here is an article about it

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.reddit.com/r/elderscrollsonline/comments/au0w9h/how_do_you_chest_farm_for_bright_throats_jewelry/
    Edited by xXMeowMeowXx on April 29, 2020 10:35PM
  • Leukedonia
    Thank you for the answer everyone!

@xXMeowMeowXx the link you have provided me is excellent! Just what i needed!
    But I had no idea Murkmire is a stand-alone DLC that I have to purchase.
    Is the DLC worth it? if not, i will be saving more by buying the jewelry from guildstores lol.
  • AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you subscribe to ESO+ you have access to Murkmire, as it's a DLC.

You can check it out and see what you think. If you like argonians, it's definitely an interesting zone.
    The Moot Councillor
  • kyle.wilson
    kyle.wilson
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Thank you

If you are Jewelry hunting in Murkmire, you probably want Bright Throat's. So the only reasonable way to get purple versions is endless hours of Treasure box and Psyjic portal farming.
    The likelihood of it dropping purple is low because its on the same loot table as 2 other sets and all the gear.
    It would probably be more worthwhile to farm something else, sell that. Then buy what you want from a guild trader.
  • John_Falstaff
    John_Falstaff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    One reliable drop of purple jewelry is vBRP, but yes, farming it is more daunting than looting chests.
  • VelimOrthic
    VelimOrthic
    ✭✭✭
    For Jewelry drops they are at Dolmens, Geysers, From Dragons, Dungeons, from Certain Bosses + Quests.

In PvP can be bought at the Golden Vendor, IC vendor, Elite Vendors

Rewards from PvP and BGs
    And Random GF for Dungeons
    Also, Trials and Arenas

:)

Vault in IC can be accessed from WGT too

For Murkmire

Dailies, Treasure Chests, and Random

Treasure Chests are really good for there

Here is an article about it

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.reddit.com/r/elderscrollsonline/comments/au0w9h/how_do_you_chest_farm_for_bright_throats_jewelry/
    Bolded is the main way

• Ilsabet
    Ilsabet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It would probably be more worthwhile to farm something else, sell that. Then buy what you want from a guild trader.

Along these lines, it would be much easier (and wouldn't require buying a DLC) to farm something like Mother's Sorrow from dolmens in Deshaan and sell those pieces for funds to buy Bright-Throat's Boast.
    Ilsabet Menard - DC Breton Nightblade archer - Savior of Pretty Much Everything, Grand Overlord & Empress Nubcakes
    Katarin Auclair - DC Breton Warden healer & ice mage
    My characters and their overly elaborate backstories
    Ilsabet's Headcanon
    The Adventures of Torbyrn Windchaser - Breaking the Ice & Ashes to Ashes
    PC NA
  • Epona222
    Epona222
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dailies are a great source of overland jewelry items in zones where there are no dolmens :)
    GM - Ghost Sea Trading Co - NA PC

Epona was a Romano-Celtic goddess dating back to around 1800 to 2000 years before computer games were invented.
  • xXMeowMeowXx
    xXMeowMeowXx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you for the answer everyone!

@xXMeowMeowXx the link you have provided me is excellent! Just what i needed!
    But I had no idea Murkmire is a stand-alone DLC that I have to purchase.
    Is the DLC worth it? if not, i will be saving more by buying the jewelry from guildstores lol.

NP :)

For VBRP and getting Unchained yh certainly.

For the Story I am not the best to ask, as I PvP mainly.

VBRP is relaxing and fun to do with friends 100% and has some good swag for PvP. Most of the stuff you can just decon for some mats to sell or keep.

The dailies are fast and easy to do and give stuff for you to sell, keep, or decon.

Farm your jewelry easily. Also, make sure to get multiples, so you can transmute them to different traits as needed. Good luck and Have Fun :)