The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Final OST Main theme for Greymoor?

MagicalLija
MagicalLija
✭✭✭✭✭
I thought what we have now: youtube.com/watch?v=iaDb6Q1YGGA

Was just for the Dungeon DLCs.

If it's actually the main Greymoor theme, I'm kinda disappointed, it's not as impactful as any of the previous chapters.
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yup, wouldn't think they'd release a theme and then re-orchestrate a replacement later, so it's final. In my taste, it's too slow, has too much cymbal. I think whoever is the head honcho for Music has a thing for Clarinets and Cymbals cause they're in every theme and soundtrack in the game. Cymbals are used extensively as transitions and it's getting pretty annoying.

Kinda wish Zenimax just contracted Two Steps From Hell to do a theme.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • MagicalLija
    MagicalLija
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ArchMikem wrote: »
    Yup, wouldn't think they'd release a theme and then re-orchestrate a replacement later, so it's final. In my taste, it's too slow, has too much cymbal. I think whoever is the head honcho for Music has a thing for Clarinets and Cymbals cause they're in every theme and soundtrack in the game. Cymbals are used extensively as transitions and it's getting pretty annoying.

Kinda wish Zenimax just contracted Two Steps From Hell to do a theme.

Thank you, but my disappointment is then sealed. Let's hope the ingame soundtracks make up for the lack of nordic power from the main theme :(
  • DarkPicture
    DarkPicture
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For me all those ost are the same with a bit different background. Like literally rhythm is all the time the same. Boring.

This song is more in vampire theme than the current one
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VzMAwJ6OhI4
    Edited by DarkPicture on April 29, 2020 9:15PM
  • TheStarfighter
    TheStarfighter
    ✭✭✭
    I had read on a natch potes that the song on the PTS was still in process and not Final.

Maybe I'm wrong but on the youtube video it's was taken after the Q1 update. Last Year do they release the chapter song in Q1 DLC Wrasthone ? I don't think so...
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had read on a natch potes that the song on the PTS was still in process and not Final.

Maybe I'm wrong but on the youtube video it's was taken after the Q1 update. Last Year do they release the chapter song in Q1 DLC Wrasthone ? I don't think so...

If that's the case, then why did they release the new log in screen and theme so soon? Bit premature if it hasn't been finalized. Should have just waited until the Chapter launch.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's called "hype it for all it's worth, we need the pre-order money"....
  • TheStarfighter
    TheStarfighter
    ✭✭✭
    We will have to Wait and see until everything go live, i remain optimistic. Otherwise yes it would be a miss opportunity to have forgot to make a good theme :#
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Known Issues:
    General
    The music you’ll hear throughout Greymoor is not yet final.
    The audio for the Ragnar the Red emote does not currently have audio, but will be added in a future PTS patch.

Found here -> https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/522289/pts-patch-notes-v6-0-0
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
  • MagicalLija
    MagicalLija
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    there's a new theme on the pts
  • MagicalLija
    MagicalLija
    ✭✭✭✭✭