The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Solo build.

MagicPie
MagicPie
✭✭✭
Hi all, i had a break from eso for 12 days (i know it is not that long lol) and i would like to make a new character and start the story do all the quests i can and do map completion, i mostly did dungeons with friends so now i want to do quests and hear the story behind them.
I would like to pick a class that can solo public dungeons, dolmens and stuff (i will find ppl for world bosses that is not an issue), so any class with solo build for low level (not templar since i have 1 already.
  • Hanokihs
    Hanokihs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Make a petsorc. Burst heal, strong shield, big chunk of passive DPS, and overall ranged combat. Practically impossible to run into trouble.
    "I haven't really played much yet, but lemme tell you all about how the game should include X and be a lot more like Y!" - Half the posters on this forum.
    "I've been here for years, and lemme tell you all about how they should never change or evolve Z, because then the game would be ruined forever." - The other half of posters on this forum.
  • Vietfox
    Vietfox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    A
    CiferX wrote: »
    I would like to pick a class that can solo public dungeons, dolmens and stuff (i will find ppl for world bosses that is not an issue), so any class with solo build for low level (not templar since i have 1 already.

Any class can do that, take a look on their skills and choose. My personal choice would be magicka warden because of the AoE.
  • MagicPie
    MagicPie
    ✭✭✭
    Hanokihs wrote: »
    Make a petsorc. Burst heal, strong shield, big chunk of passive DPS, and overall ranged combat. Practically impossible to run into trouble.

I will try it thanks, so far i only played stamina sorc. Can low level pet sorc solo Dolmens and Public Dungeons?
  • Wandering_Immigrant
    Wandering_Immigrant
    ✭✭✭✭
    They can all solo overland, including public dungeons and world bosses, so pick one you'll enjoy playing.

That said my favorite class for going through quests was nightblade, I entertained myself by making it a point to sneak my way through and skip straight to the boss. My least favorite was Templar, it's just jab jab jab jab jab jab jab jab all day long, so boring.
  • MagicPie
    MagicPie
    ✭✭✭
    But how do you manage to do public dungeons with any class? I had terrible time with most classes on low level :(
  • Lixiviant
    Lixiviant
    ✭✭✭✭
    But how do you manage to do public dungeons with any class? I had terrible time with most classes on low level :(

I feel a petsorc is the best choice if you want to solo dungeons, dolmens and the higher bosses. You just need to play and rank up, keep adding skills and pick up some gear sets, whether by overland, crafted or guild stores. Join a guild! The most successful builds I have had for this would be Alcast.
    PS4/PS5/NA - And sometimes EU

Daedroth might bite, just letting you know
  • Wandering_Immigrant
    Wandering_Immigrant
    ✭✭✭✭
    Some are harder than others at lower levels. If you're intent on doing as much of those as possible while low level, you best options are probably pet sorc, stamDK built somewhat tanky, or a nightblade who can sneak past the large hordes since that's usually the hardest part of public dungeons at low levels.

The other classes can probably do it just as well tbh, but those are the ones I was doing it on while levelling back before I had CP so I know they can.
  • MagicPie
    MagicPie
    ✭✭✭
    Alcast has cool guide, but nothing that helps me on low level, i will try pet sorc tomorrow, ty for help everyone :)
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When you say "public dungeon" do you actually mean "group dungeon?"

Huge distinction. Anyone can solo a public dungeon on any class with almost any gear and skills. I regularly solo them while leveling new toons to get the skyshards.

Public dungeons are the overworld dungeons that are slightly harder than a delve.

Group dungeons are the instanced dungeons that are more difficult and harder to solo without a proper build. But again, these can also be soloed on any class, if you build for it.
  • Dottzgaming
    Dottzgaming
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey Cifer!

If you're looking for builds to use while leveling, i might have what you need: https://dottzgaming.com/category/build/leveling/

For solo builds once you get to 160+, you can also check this category out: https://dottzgaming.com/category/build/solo-pve/

Hope one of these helps!
  • worrallj
    worrallj
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm sure any class can do it, but literally any magplar build with puncturing sweeps will be a pretty strong solo choice.
  • vgabor
    vgabor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    worrallj wrote: »
    I'm sure any class can do it, but literally any magplar build with puncturing sweeps will be a pretty strong solo choice.

^ This. Magplar with crafted julianos+seducer probably your best choice on low level solo.
  • Lumenn
    Lumenn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Really ANY class can do this to varying degrees based on your build/experience/resources etc. Solo build ideas-Hack the Minotaur seems to specialize on(although his are usually lvl 50+cp) but often involve crafted gear. Pet sorcerer is good but I can't stand flappy. I used a stamsorc main. If you have necromancer try that. Pulling in ranged mobs is a nice QOL feature rather than chasing down spread out trash mobs through every quest.
  • phwaap
    phwaap
    ✭✭✭
    When you say low-level, do you mean no CP or a lot of CP and just a new character? A good amount of CP and new character, anything will do.

My templars - mag in particular but stam also - are basically cruise control. After that it would be my stamblade that feels most self-sufficient.

Without CP you shouldn't expect to casually solo group content.
  • barney2525
    barney2525
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    IMHO I prefer mag templar. Its got a good balance of everything. Dot and direct damage plus heals if yu need em.

:#
  • MagicPie
    MagicPie
    ✭✭✭
    jaws343 wrote: »

Huge distinction. Anyone can solo a public dungeon on any class with almost any gear and skills. I regularly solo them while leveling new toons to get the skyshards.

Public dungeons are the overworld dungeons that are slightly harder than a delve.

Group dungeons are the instanced dungeons that are more difficult and harder to solo without a proper build. But again, these can also be soloed on any class, if you build for it.

Hmm i am not sure tbh, i did not mean the 4 man group dungeons no, probably Delves then, cannot remember what they are called.
  • MagicPie
    MagicPie
    ✭✭✭
    phwaap wrote: »
    When you say low-level, do you mean no CP or a lot of CP and just a new character? A good amount of CP and new character, anything will do.

My templars - mag in particular but stam also - are basically cruise control. After that it would be my stamblade that feels most self-sufficient.

Without CP you shouldn't expect to casually solo group content.

I am around CP 300 and yes fresh made character.
  • MagicPie
    MagicPie
    ✭✭✭
    Hey Cifer!

If you're looking for builds to use while leveling, i might have what you need: https://dottzgaming.com/category/build/leveling/

For solo builds once you get to 160+, you can also check this category out: https://dottzgaming.com/category/build/solo-pve/

Hope one of these helps!

Thanks i will check it out :)
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Besides pet sorcerer, magplar is great choice. You immediately get a self heal, and you have lots of AoE. What's not to like?

I just leveled another one, mainly via public dungeons.
  • Wandering_Immigrant
    Wandering_Immigrant
    ✭✭✭✭

Hmm i am not sure tbh, i did not mean the 4 man group dungeons no, probably Delves then, cannot remember what they are called.

So there's three things that often get referred to as dungeons.

There's the 4 man group dungeons, usually entered through the group finder, but they can be entered through the map. They're meant for a group but some can be soloed at higher levels but not something for beginners. Not as a solo anyway, it's definitely worth jumping in them early through group finder though.

There's delves, small easy little dungeons scattered through the overworld. There's 6 of these in each zone. They're meant to be soloed, their difficulty is about on par with most quests.

There's also something often called either group delves or solo dungeons, as their difficulty is somewhere in between a delve and a dungeon. There's one of these in every zone, they're all pretty easy to solo at higher levels. As a beginner they're fun to try solo, some will be doable some won't but you'll eventually be able to.
  • MagicPie
    MagicPie
    ✭✭✭
    Besides pet sorcerer, magplar is great choice. You immediately get a self heal, and you have lots of AoE. What's not to like?

I just leveled another one, mainly via public dungeons.

As i said i already have a templar, not gonna make another one :)
  • MagicPie
    MagicPie
    ✭✭✭

There's the 4 man group dungeons, usually entered through the group finder, but they can be entered through the map. They're meant for a group but some can be soloed at higher levels but not something for beginners. Not as a solo anyway, it's definitely worth jumping in them early through group finder though.

There's delves, small easy little dungeons scattered through the overworld. There's 6 of these in each zone. They're meant to be soloed, their difficulty is about on par with most quests.

There's also something often called either group delves or solo dungeons, as their difficulty is somewhere in between a delve and a dungeon. There's one of these in every zone, they're all pretty easy to solo at higher levels. As a beginner they're fun to try solo, some will be doable some won't but you'll eventually be able to.

I was right the first time, they are public dungeons and one i played was https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Toothmaul_Gully
  • huntgod_ESO
    huntgod_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For ease of play and self sufficiency it's hard to top petsorc...

Easy to gear, necro + whatever flavor you want...

Only 3 skills per bar to worry about, since pets eat 2 spots on each bar, so easy rotation...

Strong self heal if you use matriarch or use tormentor for more damage, the matriarch is awfully handy and also works for group heals if needed...

You can tackle 99% of content, no potions needed, just go to town, don't even really need food for anything except dungeons and some WB's...

Can be slightly tweaked to be solid DPS in trials and vet content...

Breezes through VMA on a single bar if ya like...

I also like stamsorc and stamden is very flexible as well. Templar is really nice but stuck in melee and DK is solid...really only nightblade is in a bad spot, but it is still viable.

Petsorc is just the easiest and laziest to play, hence my running it as my main since closed beta.
    --- HuntGod ---
    Officer of the Unrepentant
    www.unrepentantgaming.com
  • MagicPie
    MagicPie
    ✭✭✭
    For ease of play and self sufficiency it's hard to top petsorc...

Easy to gear, necro + whatever flavor you want...

Only 3 skills per bar to worry about, since pets eat 2 spots on each bar, so easy rotation...

Strong self heal if you use matriarch or use tormentor for more damage, the matriarch is awfully handy and also works for group heals if needed...

You can tackle 99% of content, no potions needed, just go to town, don't even really need food for anything except dungeons and some WB's...

Can be slightly tweaked to be solid DPS in trials and vet content...

Breezes through VMA on a single bar if ya like...

I also like stamsorc and stamden is very flexible as well. Templar is really nice but stuck in melee and DK is solid...really only nightblade is in a bad spot, but it is still viable.

Petsorc is just the easiest and laziest to play, hence my running it as my main since closed beta.

Thanks this was really good info :) now i am off to sleep and i will make a pet sorc tomorrow if i have time to play.
  • Wandering_Immigrant
    Wandering_Immigrant
    ✭✭✭✭

I was right the first time, they are public dungeons and one i played was https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Toothmaul_Gully

Yup public dungeon I believe that's the proper term lol. As I said they're fun to give a go at, but I wouldn't pick a class based on it's ability to easily clear these on your first try. They're doable on any class it's just a matter of knowing your class well enough to make it work. Having something to come back to and try again later sets a good benchmark for judging your personal improvement. That's my opinion on it anyway.
  • rotaugen454
    rotaugen454
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any class can solo group dungeons, some of them on vet. I got on a kick of making character setups to do just that. I have characters in every class, with a Magicka and a Stamina version of each. Out of the 12 combos of class and Magicka/Stamina, I have soloed group dungeons with 10. I am working on Stamplar and Stamden to complete the set. I’ve soloed vet dungeons with 4 of them so far and could get others to do it if I put the time in.
    "Get off my lawn!"
  • MagicPie
    MagicPie
    ✭✭✭

Yup public dungeon I believe that's the proper term lol. As I said they're fun to give a go at, but I wouldn't pick a class based on it's ability to easily clear these on your first try. They're doable on any class it's just a matter of knowing your class well enough to make it work. Having something to come back to and try again later sets a good benchmark for judging your personal improvement. That's my opinion on it anyway.

I mentioned public dungeons as they are hardest along with world bosses when doing overland stuff, so if class can manage to do it easier than other classes i would go for it.
  • daemonios
    daemonios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I find that some people go into public dungeons spamming light attacks and getting murdered. You need to get past that state for a public dungeon, but they're actually trivial to solo on any class once you do.

You need to know what you're struggling with and react appropriately. Is it the groups of mobs? Try slotting some cc and AoE and kill them while they're stunned. Or a heal over time that will keep you topped up while you're having at it. If it's bosses, maybe you need to kite them instead of face tanking them, or, as I said above, try some stun or self-heal. If you're being stunned yourself and getting killed while you're down, you need to learn how to break free. If heavy attacks are hitting you too hard, either move/dodge away, or block them. Many hard-hitting attacks can be interrupted, these are usually telegraphed by red sparks on the enemy that last a few seconds before the attack comes your way. If you're running low on your main resource, you can drink a potion and/or heavy attack (staff heavy attacks return magicka, every other weapon returns stamina).

Also, even if you don't need 5-piece sets for overland content, putting together a few pieces from the same sets so you can get a few bonuses goes a long way, as does using gear that is appropriate to your build: light armour boosts magic damage, recovery, etc., medium armour does the same for stamina, and I wouldn't really use heavy armour because it's really just made for taking in PvE and every encounter is going to be really long due to low damage.
  • Curious_Death
    Curious_Death
    ✭✭✭✭✭

every class can solo delves and public dungeon - just need proper build : pm me and ill met u in game and craft starting gear and give some tips. (PC EU)
    Edited by Curious_Death on April 30, 2020 8:22AM
  • MagicPie
    MagicPie
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks, will do once i have time to play :)