The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Still Need Survey and Treasure Map QoL Enhancements

FlopsyPrince
FlopsyPrince
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
Please adjust surveys and treasure maps to

- Show on the map, at least when you are close enough (like with the Psijic quests)
- Allow selecting a survey to reset the nodes if you have harvested all the current set. Running away for an uncertain distance is annoying and not always doable depending on placement.

I would prefer I get 6 nodes with enough mats to match all the surveys in my bag as well. Some people don't like that. But they could leave extras in their bank if they only wanted to harvest a subset instead of the whole stack of mat surveys.

[Edited to add suggestion in first reply.]
Edited by FlopsyPrince on April 29, 2020 7:51PM
PC
PS4/PS5
  • zvavi
    zvavi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Treasure maps too. Stackable and usable.
  • Destai
    Destai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'd like to see treasure maps added to collections. It'd cut down on the noise and pressure of inventory management.
  • richo262
    richo262
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They should make a utility belt, similar to craft bag but for all players, or a Crown Store 5000 crown item..

It houses Surveys, Treasure maps, Master Writs, Lockpicks, Repair kits, Charged Soul Gems and Edicts. The utility belt could also be set to automatically use repair kits and soul gems. People use addons to do this anyway, may as well make it official for console players too.

The best QOL for surveys would be they replace the 6 nodes with 1 super node that your character hits 6 times per survey. If you have 2 surveys, your character will hit it 12 times etc etc. Many of the surveys are located in locations suited for the material. Metal and Jewelry are often located just under a cliff, Wood is often located under a large tree. It would be ideal if the large tree itself or the cliff face itself becomes the node that you interact with.
  • Destai
    Destai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    richo262 wrote: »
    They should make a utility belt, similar to craft bag but for all players, or a Crown Store 5000 crown item..

It houses Surveys, Treasure maps, Master Writs, Lockpicks, Repair kits, Charged Soul Gems and Edicts. The utility belt could also be set to automatically use repair kits and soul gems. People use addons to do this anyway, may as well make it official for console players too.

The best QOL for surveys would be they replace the 6 nodes with 1 super node that your character hits 6 times per survey. If you have 2 surveys, your character will hit it 12 times etc etc. Many of the surveys are located in locations suited for the material. Metal and Jewelry are often located just under a cliff, Wood is often located under a large tree. It would be ideal if the large tree itself or the cliff face itself becomes the node that you interact with.

Why should players have to pay for a better UI? Respectfully disagree on that point, that'd be like asking players to buy a collections bag or something. We're monetized enough.

These items should just be an item in this "utility bag" with charges. The drops just add a charge. At this point, they're just noise in an already noisy inventory. Taking away that noise would leave more room for actual pick ups for gear and what not.
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Destai wrote: »

Why should players have to pay for a better UI? Respectfully disagree on that point, that'd be like asking players to buy a collections bag or something. We're monetized enough.

These items should just be an item in this "utility bag" with charges. The drops just add a charge. At this point, they're just noise in an already noisy inventory. Taking away that noise would leave more room for actual pick ups for gear and what not.

They shouldn't have to pay for it. But I would rather pay (a reasonable price, max 5K Crowns one time) than not pay and not get it.

Shared skyshards should have been free too, but they weren't. Though I have never bought any of those.
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • richo262
    richo262
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I can do that too, watch, I want a unicorn.

I'm a realist, so I don't expect ZOS to do such a thing without being able to monetize it. Its essentially a form of Craft Bag. If they don't sell it in the crown store, they would probably add it to the subscription instead. It is far easier for a non-subscriber to buy from the crown store via the gold gifting system than in it is to start subscribing.
  • Hotdog_23
    Hotdog_23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I wish the writ surveys would go into the craft bag so all the characters could use them and not be only on the character personal inventory. Many times, I have been in a Zone and would have collected some of the surveys, but I keep them all on one characters.
  • Ashtaris
    Ashtaris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Because as we have seen time and time again, ZOS will seldom include QOL improvements without some kind of monetary incentive. I don’t like it any more than you do, but it seems to be the reality and mentality of most MMO’s now.
  • zvavi
    zvavi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Additional highly needed QoL changes:

1. Craft bag for style and trait materials for everyone - let's be honest, it is not like this will be the line between sub and no sub. Those materials are worth nothing and therefore are not even taken by non subscribers, and can easily be found through other people when needed. If anything it can bring more people to know the joy of craftbag, in turn giving the game more subscribers.

2. Premium horse training for ESO+ members - tbh I believe this QoL should have been done long ago. It doesn't make sense that it takes 2 months, yes, 2 months to get Max horse speed on a character. This is totally an overkill, especially for those who like cyrodil (not that it is very playable at the moment) so ye, 3 more accountwide (yes, accountwide, so can be used only on one character, or split between 3) premium horse food for 300 gold instead of 100. 2 weeks for max speed makes much much more sense.

3. Account wide achievement overview.
    Edited by zvavi on May 1, 2020 12:23PM
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    zvavi wrote: »
    1. Craft bag for style and trait materials for everyone -

2. Premium horse training for ESO+ members

1. Mimic Stones

2. Crown Riding Lessons

As long as those two things exist in the Crown Store, these changes will never happen.

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• GenjiraX
    GenjiraX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good ideas here. I don't have a problem with the way any of it works now but these improvements would be great for ESO+ subscribers.
  • karthrag_inak
    karthrag_inak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    - Allow selecting a survey to reset the nodes if you have harvested all the current set. Running away for an uncertain distance is annoying and not always doable depending on placement.

I would prefer I get 6 nodes with enough mats to match all the surveys in my bag as well. Some people don't like that. But they could leave extras in their bank if they only wanted to harvest a subset instead of the whole stack of mat surveys.

either of these would be hugely appreciated. Adding surveys to craft bag would also be quite nice, yes?

PC-NA : 19 Khajiit and 1 Fishy-cat with fluffy delusions
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

either of these would be hugely appreciated. Adding surveys to craft bag would also be quite nice, yes?

I would support that. And they logically fit there.

Now just put them on the map to help me find them and make it easier to collect a bunch.

Note that those who want to not collect them for some reason I can't think of can still pull them out and put them in the bank if they want to, just as you can with other stuff in the craft bag now.
    PC
    PS4/PS5