The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Necropotence + Crafty Alfiq

Ymro
Ymro
Soul Shriven
Hey all,

I was playing around with the UESP build editor, as I want to improve my PvE magsorc. I noticed that using Necropotence and Crafty Alfiq can give you around 55k-60k max magicka. With a specific setup, the editor says the effective spell power is around 11k (self-buffed with major sorcery only), higher than any other magsorc PvE build I have seen (I have recreated some of them in the editor as well).

My main question is: "What am I missing?" After all, no-one recommends running this combination.

The setup in more detail is:
2 pieces Zaan (heavy + medium)
5 pieces Necropotence (light)
5 pieces Crafty Alfiq (jewelry + lightning staff)
Max Health + Max Magicka blue food
Slotted Inner Light and Bound Aegis

• Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a good setup, @Ymro.

There aren't many recommendations because it's common knowledge that these are both good sets, perhaps? ;)

On the UESP Build Editor you can check your skill tooltips versus other slotted sets (such as Mother's Sorrow, Julianos, New Moon Acolyte, etc.) ... based on the rest of your character's build.

Edited by Taleof2Cities on April 29, 2020 5:13PM
  • Danksta
    Danksta
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    You only have one crit bonus so you'd probably have to run thief instead of shadow mundus. Shadow mundus (19% crit damage w/ all gold divines) is just too strong to give up in PvE.
    BawKinTackWarDs PS4/NA

• SpaceElf
    SpaceElf
    ✭✭✭
    I run full sets of both necropotence and crafty alfiq, all light and it's glorious 52k magicka
  • remilafo
    remilafo
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ymro wrote: »
    Hey all,

I was playing around with the UESP build editor, as I want to improve my PvE magsorc. I noticed that using Necropotence and Crafty Alfiq can give you around 55k-60k max magicka. With a specific setup, the editor says the effective spell power is around 11k (self-buffed with major sorcery only), higher than any other magsorc PvE build I have seen (I have recreated some of them in the editor as well).

My main question is: "What am I missing?" After all, no-one recommends running this combination.

This can net you 64K magicka actually. I've done the setup.

It's not that good... It will make your pets very good but your overall dps won't be.

10.5 magicka equals approx 1 spd... so yeah on paper it sure looks good.

But the issue is that not all skills scale the same way, some skills have more to gain from magicka while others have more to gain from spd.

For a Solo setup it's a great choice but for a dps setup it is sub-par.

PS. in Elden hollow 2 on that plant boss with the beetle that can boost your magicka, with this setup it jumps to a glorious 140K magicka. I witnessed my twillight do a 70K crit prior to the pet nerf.
    Edited by remilafo on April 29, 2020 11:08PM
  • MEBengalsFan2001
    MEBengalsFan2001
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey all,

I would drop inner light and bound aegis. I would use more abilities to get more damage from character vs. depending upon the pets. If you leave Inner Light / Bound Aegis e on your character you only get two abilities to use and my guess would be Mage Fury on the front bar and the other would be Unstable Wall of Elements on the back bar.

I tried out a few different pet builds and I after playing around a bit I went with using Volatile Familiar and Bound Aegis as the two abilities to use on both bars. I also dropped using magika only sets and went with mother sorrow and burning spell weaver. I found my overall damage went up with this build.

Unbuffed: Spell Dmg 2400++ , Magika 42000, Crit Chance: 49%+
    Buffed: Spell Dmg 4000+, Magika 48000, Crit Chance 59%+

My overall DPS went up a bit with this change and I find it more enjoyable for me. As for max magika, I think the highest I have seen is a bit over 60K

• BXR_Lonestar
    BXR_Lonestar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey all,

I run Necropotence + Crafty Alfiq + Maw of the Infernal (love the Daedroth!) on my petsorc without issues. In only purple gear (except staves of course), my Magika on front bar is 57k. I run the mage mundus for extra magika. My crit chance is low - around 45% with this build, which is probably why it is not meta, but the raw power and utility of having so much magika still makes it work.

One of the other posters is right that 19% extra crit damage from shadow mundus is hard to give up, but if every single character you make is running Mothers Sorrow + Siroria/False Gods, it starts to get boring. My magcro is set up like that, and I decided to go in a different direction with my pet sorc.
  • mocap
    mocap
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i use same setup for a long time (prev to Crafty used Destro Mastery set). Assuming you are doing heavy attack rotation and both pets you can get 38-40k dps on 3kk dummy full self pars.