The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Are jewelry nodes the same or they switch ?

fxeconomisteb17_ESO
I mean, if I see a Platinum Seam now, it will always be the same, or when it respawns it can respawn as Rubedite and they randomly switch between the two types ?
"Is it true her wounds healed on their own ? Yes" No s***, at 75% health regen penalty!

I was a vampire like you, but then I took an idea to the head...
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Blacksmithing and jewelry nodes share the same spawn points, so which one you get will change. Run the same route enough times and you'll see you get both from the same spawn point eventually.
  • Freakin_Hytte
    Freakin_Hytte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They can switch just as with flowers
  • Tatanko
    Tatanko
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have noticed that the same node can change without even being collected. My writs are done every day in Daggerfall, and near the writ turn-in there is a blacksmith/jewelry node. I often go right past it without collecting, and will come back just a couple minutes later on a different character. My experience has a harvester tells me that it's highly unlikely that the node was collected and respawned in the span of 2-3 minutes.
    Silvanus the Gilded
    Merchant, Scholar, and Benefactor
    Imperial Templar - PC/NA
    Learn More
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tatanko wrote: »
    I have noticed that the same node can change without even being collected. My writs are done every day in Daggerfall, and near the writ turn-in there is a blacksmith/jewelry node. I often go right past it without collecting, and will come back just a couple minutes later on a different character. My experience has a harvester tells me that it's highly unlikely that the node was collected and respawned in the span of 2-3 minutes.

You might be in a different instance of Daggerfall as well.
    Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    The Unchained - Bedlam's Disciple - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
    61,215 achievement points
  • Tatanko
    Tatanko
    ✭✭✭✭
    tmbrinks wrote: »

I've definitely considered that, but I'm seeing the same other players idling along my route.
    Silvanus the Gilded
    Merchant, Scholar, and Benefactor
    Imperial Templar - PC/NA
    Learn More
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I've definitely considered that, but I'm seeing the same other players idling along my route.

Ah. I've always wanted to be logged into both my main and alt account at the same time and go node hunting to see if they see the same thing. But trying to move both from place to place is difficult when you can only control one at a time :joy:
    Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    The Unchained - Bedlam's Disciple - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Ah. I've always wanted to be logged into both my main and alt account at the same time and go node hunting to see if they see the same thing. But trying to move both from place to place is difficult when you can only control one at a time :joy:

We need some kind of in-game event where we all go resource hunting but just comment on resources, rather than harvest them. "Nice corn flower in front of us." "What? I see a bugloss!"

We know some aspects of nodes are character-dependent. Where I see ruby ash, I would expect a new character to see maple. But maybe it is even more random, by character, than we realize!
  • Veinblood1965
    Veinblood1965
    ✭✭✭✭✭

What happens is it's just like Alchemy or Clothier Surveys. If you don't like what you see just run away a bit and come back and the spawns will change, I do that once in a while if the spawns are total junk. I think it's random based upon what "you" see and not the same for everyone.

I'm wondering if two people would see the same jewelry node? Or does one see a ore and the other platinum?
  • fxeconomisteb17_ESO
    I don't even know how they get materials for lower levels. All I see is Rubedite and Ruby Ash.
    "Is it true her wounds healed on their own ? Yes" No s***, at 75% health regen penalty!

I was a vampire like you, but then I took an idea to the head...
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't even know how they get materials for lower levels. All I see is Rubedite and Ruby Ash.

that nodes that you see are based 50% on your character level, and 50% on the number of points you have in the "main" crafting skill. So, if you're maxed out on both of them, all you'll see is top tier materials.