Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Magplar in Greymoor

MickeyBN
MickeyBN
✭✭✭✭
Looking at the natch potes for Greymoor is obvious that ZOS wants to completely gut tanks, from halving armor values on sets to adding a metric fudge ton of penetration on so many things *cough* Stuhns Favor *cough*.

Prior to reading the notes I was working on putting together a fairly tanky Magplar build using 2pc Chudan and Pariah, but now I’m wondering if there’s going to be any point, same goes for going full Impen like we have in the past.

So what kind of builds are people starting to theorycraft for Greymoor, is it too early?

Another thing I was wondering, would it be worthwhile ditching our armor buffs and using Dampen magic instead? Crafty Alfiq with Bright Throat to boost Magicka, therefore boosting Dampen was something I was toying with in my head.

Need ideas, I’m scared to gold anything at this point until Greymoor comes out.
Vaelerys Nightborn - Bosmer Nightblade PC NA
  • oxygen_thief
    oxygen_thief
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    you can try swift and potentates. i guess these sets are better than resistance stacking
  • Kidgangster101
    Kidgangster101
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MickeyBN wrote: »
    Looking at the natch potes for Greymoor is obvious that ZOS wants to completely gut tanks, from halving armor values on sets to adding a metric fudge ton of penetration on so many things *cough* Stuhns Favor *cough*.

Prior to reading the notes I was working on putting together a fairly tanky Magplar build using 2pc Chudan and Pariah, but now I’m wondering if there’s going to be any point, same goes for going full Impen like we have in the past.

So what kind of builds are people starting to theorycraft for Greymoor, is it too early?

Another thing I was wondering, would it be worthwhile ditching our armor buffs and using Dampen magic instead? Crafty Alfiq with Bright Throat to boost Magicka, therefore boosting Dampen was something I was toying with in my head.

Need ideas, I’m scared to gold anything at this point until Greymoor comes out.

Yep don't go armor next patch just use mitigation. Swift, potentates, and probably something to help sastain like bright throast
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    you can try swift and potentates. i guess these sets are better than resistance stacking

% reduction always was better...which is why it's puzzling ZOS continues to ignore it. But, those in the know won't even feel the nerfs they are pushing out...Patch won't solve the builds that are the problem because they are hitting the wrong target again.

Oh well, at least there is that set that will make nearly everyone glass and fodder for me...
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I’m going to try amber (or shackle) + stuhn w/BRP DW back bar in 5L-1M-1H with lightning or 2H w/DW. The last bit I’m not sure about, either 2 piece potatoes or mythic + 1 piece monster stat stick. I’m leaning towards 2H nirn and the jewellery piece that gives speed.

I also want to try a stage 4 vamp setup but haven’t figured it out.

I used to like Buffer of the Swift, but those armour lines look so crappy.
    Edited by Iskiab on April 28, 2020 8:54PM
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • Dirt_Rooster
    Dirt_Rooster
    ✭✭✭
    Chudan? On a magplar?
  • FirmamentOfStars
    FirmamentOfStars
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chudan on magplar is a bad idea, since rune focus is so good.
    Using damlen magic is also a bad idea, since shields are pretty bad atm and you wont get any decent shieldsize anyway. Just stick to honor the dead.

For sets you surely can use things like buffer of the swift and other percentage mitigation sets. I doubt anything comes close to pariah defense wise as long as you dont get hit by onslaught, since pariah is up to 14k resistances, which is like 20% mitigation, which at leasts is additive and nit multiplicative with you other resistance. The more mitigation sources you stack, the less they are worth. Meaning that potentates is quite a bit less than 5% for example.
    Sadly the most success i recently had in magplar was either running two aoe damage proc sets in heavy or pretty much max damage light armor setup with 2 pieces of resistance monstersets.

If greymoor goes live as the pts now, i think it wont change too much other than people having insane damage for the offbalance duration. High pen was already present with onslaught before, now it is just more universally used. It will mostly be a thing to adjust your playstyle to the offbalance debuff. Learning when to stay on defense and when you can go offensively again.
  • StarOfElyon
    StarOfElyon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My character was already squishy. now that damage is increasing, I'm sweating bullets. And apparently my playstyle won't have to change much. I pretty much rely on stacking HoTs to survive. I'll be dropping the two 1 pieces of monster sets for resistance and just switching to two pieces of Potentates. I'll also have to focus on boosting my healing even more somehow, some way.
  • ZAMOLXIS
    ZAMOLXIS
    ✭✭✭
    I tried everything on my magplar, and against scare nothing works! Any idea?
    knowledge itself is power!
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    My character was already squishy. now that damage is increasing, I'm sweating bullets. And apparently my playstyle won't have to change much. I pretty much rely on stacking HoTs to survive. I'll be dropping the two 1 pieces of monster sets for resistance and just switching to two pieces of Potentates. I'll also have to focus on boosting my healing even more somehow, some way.

If you’re on PC maybe track debuffs? Mist while onslaught and off balance are up. I try to kite when I’m onslaughted but just use instincts, maybe a debuff tracker would be better.
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • ZAMOLXIS
    ZAMOLXIS
    ✭✭✭
    Face to sorcercerers, templars are becaming weaker and weaker....
    knowledge itself is power!
  • MickeyBN
    MickeyBN
    ✭✭✭✭
    Alright new question.

Been a debate for a while on what is best for our backbar, resto or S&B. S&B seems like an obvious choice for me being able to block heal but I’m wondering if having extra heals from resto will trump the extra defense from S&B come Greymoor, considering how much Pen players will have access to.
    Vaelerys Nightborn - Bosmer Nightblade PC NA
  • EtTuBrutus
    EtTuBrutus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MickeyBN wrote: »
    Alright new question.

Been a debate for a while on what is best for our backbar, resto or S&B. S&B seems like an obvious choice for me being able to block heal but I’m wondering if having extra heals from resto will trump the extra defense from S&B come Greymoor, considering how much Pen players will have access to.

You're not going to out heal a burst combo from stuhns/nma with anything the resto offers. You will be able to outplay an opponent ewith God blocks and rolls.
  • Drdeath20
    Drdeath20
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I mean cant you make alot of different things work but magplars are just a healbot.
  • Hotdog_23
    Hotdog_23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Going to go with Stuhns Favor and NMA, probably switch to a Nord or Altmer and go full glass canon for BG's on a magplar. Not decided on monster set yet maybe slimecraw. Looking at the same for a stamplar except nord or Orc for the race.

On a side note nice to see some great crafting sets being added.
    Edited by Hotdog_23 on May 4, 2020 9:21AM
  • wheem_ESO
    wheem_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If there aren't any major changes between now and the Greymoor patch going live/early access, I think most magicka builds will be best served either being dedicated healers or glass cannons (which will generally be more glass and less cannon than typical Stamina meta-builds), at least in no-CP.

On the bright side, Magicka Templar can benefit from the OPness of Stuhn's much more readily than most Magicka builds can, and I could even see gank-style setups working with Templar + Vampirism.