The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Greymoor: what will be the best race for a dk tank non leaderboards?

Recent
Recent
✭✭✭✭✭
I want a tank but dont want to have to pay for a race change once greymoor launches, that woukd depress me.

So i need sound advice please im not about leaderboard scores. Just average player. Never intend to go that far.

Id like to tank vet dungeons on hm ...not all but the easier ones and tank some normal trials eventually.

I have done a bit of research and most say: Nord as top tank race

Now Nord only for those that want top score so not me

Argonian
Imperial redguard

Then others races . Does that order sound right ? Please add your expertise here i just want to do well in vet dungeons for a while.

Thank you so much for replies

I apologise if i came across as not liking nords or as putting down endgamers, seriously not my intention at all. If anything im actually saying im an average player and so looking for an easier begginer friendly race for my tank. Thanks
Edited by Recent on April 26, 2020 10:34PM
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dark elf is pretty good - nice max stats from it. My saptank (super off meta nightblade tank using 5 light armor, 2 heay, Lord warden, baharas curse and overwhelming surge and pulls 15k dps) is a dark elf.

Orc is good too, for max stats as well.
  • Raudgrani
    Raudgrani
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Easily run 5/1/1 on a Nord tank, and still have capped resistances. I run a Nord NB tank, and I chug trash potions between all bosses, and occasionally use Heroic Slash as well, and I can fart our Warhorns on an industrial level - sometimes like right after cooldown is met, or if there's a healer - I can provide Bolstering Darkness for safer resurrects or just in high damage scenarios.

Never tanked seriously on any other race/class, so I can't say if anything else is better or worse. But I've been running a lot with 3 DD's in vet DLC dungeons etc., and people trust me fully. Often hear things like "I was looking to give you shards or heal you, but you just go on on full health all the time," "you spam stuff continuously, how do you sustain?", "you get a whole team up in the middle of all that, amazing", "you are like a bunny on speed, how can you run around like that and still tank?". It's maybe more because of class and not the race, but currently a Nord vamp NB tank can take serious abuse and still keep a stiff upper lip.
  • mobicera
    mobicera
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm a big fan of Nord tanks.
    You don't have to run from a race because people can use it to hit leaderboards or anything like that... It really just doesn't make any sense.
    It like you hear meta and attack it?
    Or something?
    Why?
    Nord bonus are stacked on a tank it is really that simple.
    You can tank on any race
    For what you want it really doesn't matter what race you are.
    But you asked for the best and look at the passives this is arguably Nord.
    Edited by mobicera on April 26, 2020 1:08PM
  • Sanguinor2
    Sanguinor2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Honestly, you can tank on every race as Long as you know your stuff. Yes Nord, Argonian and Imperials can make it easier but I have tanked vet hm Trials on a dark elf dk tank for example, woeler, who does tanking guides Plays a khajit tank, so if you have the experience you can make everything work.

Argonian is the easiest sustainwise since you have the potion passive and can even use potion cooldown jewelry enchants for more Sustain.
    Nord is somewhat tankier than other races and the ult gen also helps with Sustain via battleroar.
    Imperial has the highest max stats and the cost reduction reduces not only your abilities but also block, dodge, break free etc. and the Sustain from red Diamond isnt bad either.
    Politeness is respecting others.
    Courage is doing what is fair.
    Modesty is speaking of oneself without vanity.
    Self control is keeping calm even when anger rises.
    Sincerity is expressing oneself without concealing ones thoughts.
    Honor is keeping ones word.
  • Recent
    Recent
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mobicera wrote: »
    You don't have to run from a race because people can use it to hit leaderboards or anything like that... It really just doesn't make any sense.
    Or something?
    Why?
    You can tank on any race

Oh no i apologise if it sounded that way im reacting from other player comments that Nords are best for vet endgame ...id love to make a nord if its beginner friendly for sure. I was trying to stress how i am not a great player and what would be helpful race for a beginner wanting to move on into easy endgame content.
    Edited by Recent on April 26, 2020 10:31PM
  • mobicera
    mobicera
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Recent wrote: »
    mobicera wrote: »
    Or something?
    Why?
    You can tank on any race

Oh no i apologise if it sounded that way im reacting from other player comments that Nords are best for vet endgame ...id love to make a nord if its beginner friendly for sure. I was trying to stress how i am not a great player and what would be helpful race for a beginner wanting to move on into easy endgame content.

Nord is very beginner friendly.
    All passives are useful as a tank.
    It has hp and stam passives.
    Resistance passive which allows you to get closer or hit resistance cap easier(33000) Passive ultimate generation which results in increased sustain over certain races on a dk due to battle roar dk passive.
  • LadyNalcarya
    LadyNalcarya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I mean, if something works for harder content, then it will also work for easier dungeons. Nord dk is a classic beginner-friendly combination, and if you don't like nords imperial or argonian would be nice, too. Tbh any race can work, but it's always better to have passives that synergize with your playstyle. Nords have higher resists than other races and their ultimate gain passive works very well for dk (dks gain resources for using ults), this is why so many people are using them. Even if you don't care about warhorn uptimes, it would be nice to regain your ult faster, right?
    Dro-m'Athra Destroyer | Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor | Voice of Reason

PC/EU