The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Anyone else getting disconected alot after patch?

Gulnagel
Gulnagel
✭✭✭✭
Im on ps4, and get disconected alot while travling in to dungeons or using wayshrines.
  • Eclipze
    Eclipze
    ✭✭
    its probably your connection, make sure you're on a wired connection with at least like 50-100mb download speeds if possible. Im currently on pc but i mained eso on ps4 since release, never had any issues with getting disconnected alot. Also be sure to get the ps4 pro as it helps with lag tremendously keeping your frame rate in game stable in most situations.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @Gulnagel

To help with the disconnections you've started experiencing, there are a few things you can try on your end to help with your connection.

• Turn off the router for 10 minutes and restart the console.
    • Make sure there is no maintenance on the PlayStation Network.
    • Make sure the most recent system and game updates are installed.
    • If using a wireless connection, switch to a wired connection to the router.

In addition to these steps, you can also change the DNS settings on your PS4.
    1. Go to Settings.
    2. Got to Network.
    3. Select Set up internet connection.
    4. Select Wifi or Lan depending on the connection needed.
    5. Select Custom.
    6. Set the IP Address Settings to Automatic.
    7. Set the DHCP Host Name to Do Not Specify.
    8. Set the DNS Settings to Manual.
      • Primary DNS 8.8.8.8
      • Secondary DNS 8.8.4.4
    9. Set the MTU Settings to Automatic.
    10. Set the Proxy Server to None.

Please let us know if the disconnections improve after trying these steps.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Gulnagel
    Gulnagel
    ✭✭✭✭
    Alright, I can tell necromancer is still a favourite class amongst ZoS sin not only do they leave them basically untouched while nerfing sorc. You even necro threads 3 months old.

And at the time I posted this, other people started to have connection issues until a week later no one could logg in and there was a hotfix on the servers and ZoS made a statement acknowledge the problem, and since then there have been no issues, well except the servers are bad but nothing new.

And my broadband is 600mb down and 50 up. So I have an average but stable connection. I could get the double, trippel or quadrouple that, but that wouldnt help at all with eso.

So how about adressing problems when they are asked and not doing it 3 months later. So I won't have to troubleshoot for days, when the problem was your servers as usuall.
    Edited by Gulnagel on July 15, 2020 9:50AM