The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Should the hammer go into oblivion forever?

Q_Q
Q_Q
✭✭✭
Without doing much research I was just wondering why the hammer is a thing. Not sure if it’s balance to counter emp, or a lore thing. Either way I don’t like the idea.
Edited by Q_Q on April 25, 2020 8:34PM

Should the hammer go into oblivion forever? 82 votes

Yes
67%
NyteshadeKikazaruCresAnkaridanQuietPanda_22Aektannstarlizard70ub17_ESOEnkilCaffeinatedMayhemWarraxxKartalinKBKBT@rtyTBoisReverbBrrrofskiSanctum74Kidgangster101Freakin_HytteThe_Lex 55 votes
No
26%
Iruil_ESOGoregrinderSomewhereKr3doPl24canderwoodRalamillaissezfaireoXI_Viper_IXokarthrag_inakvaleriiyaWildRaptorXDosuulDominion_NightbladeHambooterioJinxxNDADespyOWLTHEMADTheStarfighter 22 votes
I don’t care because I 1vx on the other side of the map
6%
Sorisoxygen_thiefnsmurferQ_QRegrief 5 votes
  • Vietfox
    Vietfox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes
    I would like to know who had the idea to implement such thing in the first place.
  • oXI_Viper_IXo
    oXI_Viper_IXo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No
    They added it to bring a bit of chaos to Cyrodiil and it certainly accomplished that.

I like the idea overall, unfortunately it wasn't implemented in the best way. The biggest issues being the lag the hammer zerg creates as well as the faction with emp being able to pick up the hammer and dominate the map even more.

• Q_Q
    Q_Q
    ✭✭✭
    Vietfox wrote: »
    I would like to know who had the idea to implement such thing in the first place.

Didn’t it happen soon after Gilliam started working for them? 🤔
  • JayKwellen
    JayKwellen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Probably, but only because it always ends up in the hands of the strongest faction anyway.

Almost everytime I've seen it, if it doesn't just outright spawn into the faction that's already emp, the faction that already has the most bars and is rolling the map will simply overpower the faction that has it, take it, and proceed to paint the entire map their color.

Often it does nothing to "add chaos", in fact I often see it do the opposite.

The factions that were already outnumbered simply log off out of hopelessness, after which the strongest faction simply PvDoors their way to a monochrome colored map.

So all the hammer really does is reward the faction that was strongest already.
    Xbox NA - JaeKwellen
    AD PvP
    Trying to main a magcro. This is awful.
  • DreadDaedroth
    DreadDaedroth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    I think it was just a silly mechanic made purely to do something new on Campaigns.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The hammer would be fine if the servers could handle the inevitable large battle that happens at the hammer. They can't, but what else is new?
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sheogorath leaving his mark on Cyrodiil? Yeah I was all for the idea. The execution probably wasn't great, but the concept is pretty sound. We needed something to break up the monotony
  • Giljabrar
    Giljabrar
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    It's a gimmick, and a meh one at that. I loathe seeing the hammer spawn on the map, cause it just means more faction stack, and more lag.

Interesting concept, poor execution.
  • OWLTHEMAD
    OWLTHEMAD
    ✭✭✭✭
    No
    I think the hammer is a piece of a good idea.

They need more daedric artifacts so that players dont concentrate so hard just on the hammer and so that who ever holds the hammer will eventually have to contend with other artifact users.

In the first place, i think zerging around the hammer is such an issue because pvp players are so desperate for new content and modes of play that the hammer being new and different just generates a lot of interest.

Though, tbh, im only voting blue instead of yellow because the pvp in this game is so content anemic that i simply cannot get behind the notion of removing anything from pvp without offering something new in its stead.

It would be cool to see a hammer skill line in general though.
  • johnicus
    johnicus
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    Or like last night, more often than not someone grabs the hammer and just stands at their respective base because they want a friend from another alliance to get/maintain Emp...
  • Solariken
    Solariken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I like the concept, but the ultimate is the stupidest thing in game design history. It needs to be toned wayyyy down and not pull enemies into it with 0 counterplay.
  • starlizard70ub17_ESO
    starlizard70ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes
    Unless they can fix the multiple problems the hammer bring with it, (lag, imbalance, etc.), I say get rid of it.
    "We have found a cave, but I don't think there are warm fires and friendly faces inside."
  • ThePedge
    ThePedge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    I thought the weapons were going to change. We have had the hammer for a year now, what happened to Auriels Bow?

They must know the hammer is *** so don't want to push the next one in to also be ***, but at the same time left the *** hammer in.

If you can't work out how to better the system, take it out until you can.
  • Q_Q
    Q_Q
    ✭✭✭
    ThePedge wrote: »
    I thought the weapons were going to change. We have had the hammer for a year now, what happened to Auriels Bow?

They must know the hammer is *** so don't want to push the next one in to also be ***, but at the same time left the *** hammer in.

If you can't work out how to better the system, take it out until you can.

That’s how I feel about the game. Take it out if ppl can’t play. This game is unplayable.
  • Kidgangster101
    Kidgangster101
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    They added it to bring a bit of chaos to Cyrodiil and it certainly accomplished that.

I like the idea overall, unfortunately it wasn't implemented in the best way. The biggest issues being the lag the hammer zerg creates as well as the faction with emp being able to pick up the hammer and dominate the map even more.

The biggest issue is people bringing it to their friends on the other faction....... Oh and it spawning on the emps side even tho he can't pick it up, his team can and yep now they are together. Just a terrible idea
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    yeah, them proc sets doing all the fighting wasn't bad enough, let's stick this OP weapon in the mix to really mess stuff up...

it seems to almost always land in the hands of the alliance with the most numbers...
    Edited by geonsocal on April 30, 2020 10:36PM
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • Cathexis
    Cathexis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If it is to remain conceptually it requires tweaking or reshaping and would be more interesting with more daedric artifacts but that's just personal opinion.

It actually does make sense though to have a counterplay element to emporer.
    Edited by Cathexis on May 3, 2020 1:12AM
    The Tomb of FPS Alteration Magic - Everything You Need to Know About FPS
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/520903/tomb-of-fps-alteration-magic-everything-you-need-to-know-about-fps
    Praise Malacath.
  • Kidgangster101
    Kidgangster101
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Cathexis wrote: »
    If it is to remain conceptually it requires tweaking or reshaping and would be more interesting with more daedric artifacts but that's just personal opinion.

Ya except it can be weilded by the same side as the emporer lol. The faction with emp should not be allowed to pick it up
  • Cathexis
    Cathexis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cathexis wrote: »

Ya except it can be weilded by the same side as the emporer lol. The faction with emp should not be allowed to pick it up

That's among the problems for sure. Personally I think it offers far too much power, but I mean it's obviously not in my hands how they implement things. I would have thought they could do lots of them, and make them spawn anywhere in tamriel and offer a modest unique bonus rather than a whole skill bar, that is lost when you die (and subsequently respawned elsewhere for some unbeknownst adventurer to stumble upon and carry through the world).

So for example
    Azuras star - free weapon recharges and 1/2 time resurrection for 4 soulstones
    Mehrunes razor - small % chance to implode under 50% health
    Ring of Hercine - Werewolf has no expiry timer
    Skeleton Key - Infinite lockpicks
    Ring of Namira - Sizeable health Regen bonus
    Mace of Molag Bal - Afflicted players cannot be resurrected

Or something like those sorts of things. Then you'd have unique encounters with a variety of artifacts, and different players would get them as they cycle. They could also be indicated somehow with unique animations. If they wanted to maintain the volundrung in it's current state they could implement alternative and similar weapons as well, and have some artifacts lesser or greater (so perhaps weapons or armor would offer skill implementations, while lesser artifacts might offer only a small bonus). Just throwing ideas around.
    The Tomb of FPS Alteration Magic - Everything You Need to Know About FPS
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/520903/tomb-of-fps-alteration-magic-everything-you-need-to-know-about-fps
    Praise Malacath.