Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!

Player Stuck in Wailing Prison

bigdoginlittlehouse
bigdoginlittlehouse
Soul Shriven
New to game only put in about 40 hrs, but was going through main quest and got stuck in wailing prison. I completed a similar sequence of events as the link below, was in the prison and accepted a dungeon instance with a friend only to come back and realize I was stuck. Has anyone solved this issue? I submitted ticket, but open to ideas from folks. Yes, I already tried jumping and spinning around 3 times before clicking on the door to the bloody forge.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/434104/stuck-in-the-wailing-prison
  • Septimus_Magna
    Septimus_Magna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Have you tried to port to Cyrodiil, a house or a dungeon?
    PC - EU (AD)
    Septimus Mezar - Altmer Sorcerer
    Septimus Rulanir - Orsimer Templar
    Septimus Desmoru - Khajiit Necromancer
    Septimus Iroh - Dunmer Dragon Knight
    Septimus Thragar - Dunmer Nightblade
    Septimus Jah'zar - Khajiit Nightblade
    Septimus Nerox - Redguard Warden
    Septimus Ozurk - Orsimer Sorcerer
  • bigdoginlittlehouse
    bigdoginlittlehouse
    Soul Shriven
    Yes, says not accessible at this time. I also grouped and had a friend try to come to me - he receives the same message. I am literally stuck in jail - I should be a nicer person I think. Thank you for the idea though.
  • bigdoginlittlehouse
    bigdoginlittlehouse
    Soul Shriven
    Well it sounds like this is still an issue and there are no player fixes as of yet. Can someone confirm that I submitted the ticket correctly? I read that some people have waited a long time only to find out that they submitted the ticket incorrectly.

Ticket number

200419-010584
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I apologize if you have already tried this but maybe type "/reloadui" in area chat
  • bigdoginlittlehouse
    bigdoginlittlehouse
    Soul Shriven
    Dang. Tried it and got excited at the load screen. No change, still in jail :s . Thank you for the thought, was good idea.
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's where it got its name. Legend tells you can hear the wails of forgotten adventurers who couldn't find their way out.
  • bigdoginlittlehouse
    bigdoginlittlehouse
    Soul Shriven
    Lol. Yea this is crazy. I submitted a ticket on 4/19 and have not heard anything. Does anyone have feedback on wait times?
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did you receive an automated response on the ticket? If so, reply to that and keep replying until someone works this.

They really need to just disable GF when doing Solo Instances.

Also, for the future, do not queue when you are doing any Solo Instance, which is pretty much the Main Quest, the Fighters Guild, Mages Guild and certain overland zone quests, like Camlorn in Glenumbra.

@ZOS_BillE @ZOS_AntonioP Anything you can do to help? And, do the Devs know about this problem?
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My advice, for now, start a new character, until they fix yours.

You want Multiples in this game anyway.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• bigdoginlittlehouse
    bigdoginlittlehouse
    Soul Shriven
    Thank you for the advice Nestor. Much appreciated.
  • Grianasteri
    Grianasteri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is a "get me unstuck" function in the options. It basically reloads you to the nearest wayshrine.

Oh OK reading further it seems you have tried this :(

With only 40 hours in, Id suggest you start a new char until your ticket is dealt with.
    Edited by Grianasteri on May 14, 2020 9:59AM
  • ZOS_Icy
    ZOS_Icy
    mod
    Greetings,

We have closed this topic as it was originally created in April 2020. In many cases, it's better to create a new thread on a topic that you want to discuss as opposed to bumping one that is rather old.

Thank you for your understanding
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.