Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

!Help Cant complete quest Mages Guild Long Lost Lore

B100d1ust88
Hello, guys. Sorry for my bad english but I need your help.
Davon's Watch Mages Guild. Quest "Long Lost Lore".
I should talk to arch-mage Shalidor who was summoned by the mage Valaste, but when he
appeared i closed the game. Now he's gone.
Screenshot https://imgur.com/XgS2Jct

Tech support is not responding. Maybe you can give some advices.
Edited by B100d1ust88 on April 20, 2020 5:02PM
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Make sure you log your character out outside of the Mages Guild instance, @B100d1ust88 .

Then log back in to the game and re-enter the Mages Guild.

Give that a try ...
  • B100d1ust88
    Make sure you log your character out outside of the Mages Guild instance, @B100d1ust88 .

Then log back in to the game and re-enter the Mages Guild.

Give that a try ...

I tried to do like that but it didn't help. : ( Thank you for the reply anyway.

Still waiting when tech support will respond. (My ticket is open for almost a week) Until then maybe i can try something else?

• redgreensunset
    redgreensunset
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you on PC and do you use any addons? If so try to disable them, close the game, restart and login (still having all addons disabled).
    I know it sounds dumb as *** but it's made more than one missing NPC appear for me. I have no idea which addon or combination of addons that causes the awol-ness but it sometimes help. If applicable it's at least something to try while waiting for support to get back.

Further. If you haven't tried this already you could drop the quest and then pick it up again maybe?
  • B100d1ust88
    Yes, i'm on PC. I use only one addon. Tried to disabled it....not helped.
    Drop the quest? Do you mean that i should try to do other quests? After i got this trouble i completed many quests. But i want to complete a Mages Guild quest line. : (

In Morrowind or Oblivion a trouble like this is solved simple, just one command in command line (console) and you can return lost NPC or complete one stage of the quest or whole quest. But this game is online...

Thank you guys for trying to help.
    Edited by B100d1ust88 on April 21, 2020 12:37PM
  • wishlist14
    wishlist14
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That happened to me a while back and i had to return to the mages guild at a later time when i was a bit higher level and he appeared outside the mages guild door...i was running in and not allowing him time to appear as when i opened guild mage door I went to load screen. Im not sure if there is a level requirement anymore
  • B100d1ust88
    wishlist14 wrote: »
    That happened to me a while back and i had to return to the mages guild at a later time when i was a bit higher level and he appeared outside the mages guild door...i was running in and not allowing him time to appear as when i opened guild mage door I went to load screen. Im not sure if there is a level requirement anymore

Are you talking about this one quest (Long Lost Lore) or you reffering to the same problem (lost npc) in general?

In this quest arch-mage Shalidor was summoned like a ghost. He stood in the magic circle. Now i see only circle and there is no any summoned ghost who i could talk.
  • B100d1ust88
    Happy to say that my problem is solved. I just needed to abandon the quest(didn't know how to do this. Now i know... In journal) and restart it.

@redgreensunset "Drop the quest and pick it up again". You were right. Now i know what did you mean. ;)

Thanks to everyone.
    Edited by B100d1ust88 on April 23, 2020 10:12PM