The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Help please: Why is my bar swap not working ? ( not sure if it's just me)

wishlist14
wishlist14
✭✭✭✭✭
I enjoy dungeons but lately I've tried swapping my mouse, binding new keys with the same results> My keyboard and mouse are not old. I can't seem to bar swap it only works when I bash the key I bound for it and if and when I'm lucky :'(

I'm not an elite player but I know my mechanics for the dungeons I do....I know my light attacks and heavy attacks as well as my rotations and getting stuck on bar swapping is shameful when , it all comes natural .. Today I looked like an absolute idiot and it's not fair to feel so bad about myself when I have no power to correct this. So basically I was playing with one set of skills and not able to keep up all my cds.. :'(

I don't want to blame the game if it's my issue ….Just need to either get advice to fix it or know if it's happening to other players

thank you in advance

Edit update: So i was using an addon to save different skill combinations and I deleted it cos it was out of date. I just use the eso bars no addon.
I changed my keyboard for a new keyboard as my keyboard was a bit old.....did my vet pledges and i still had bar swap problems and yes it was laggy and extremely frustrating. And please note i love eso and i want it to succeed . I just want to play comfortably not feel so glitchy.

Edited by wishlist14 on April 21, 2020 4:40AM
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What's your ping like? I find when my latency is a little high bar swapping becomes a nightmare. Also my abilities and pots sometimes fail to register, resulting in unfair deaths and me throwing my keyboard at the wall.
  • wishlist14
    wishlist14
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Alucardo , I didn't even think of my ping.I shall keep an eye on it next time im in a dungeon. Also i read some older posts about bar swap issues and some players had problems with addons.
    My addon that i was using to save a variety of skills on had not been updated since dragon bones so i just uninstalled it all together. That old addon could have been causing some mischief.

Thank you for your reply 😊

• redgreensunset
    redgreensunset
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is a general desync and input lag issue that was introduced with U25 and have yet to be solved, among other thigns it sometimes mean that bar and/or skills will lock up and not be usable for a number of seconds until it resolves. It is unrelated to ping, but of course high ping is another option.
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is a general desync and input lag issue that was introduced with U25 and have yet to be solved, among other thigns it sometimes mean that bar and/or skills will lock up and not be usable for a number of seconds until it resolves. It is unrelated to ping, but of course high ping is another option.

This is also a serious problem. You could have as low as 40-50 ping and still run into these problems. Basically it's very likely that the issue is NOT on your end, but with the game itself.
  • paulychan
    paulychan
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have started to one bar most builds. If you rely on weapon swap, you are doomed these days. Not always, like I can swap sometimes just standing in a town, but in trials it's pretty bad
  • wishlist14
    wishlist14
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes if you read my update above i did everything to try fix my issue with bar swap as if it was from my end but nothing i mentioned helped not even a new keyboard
  • Eifleber
    Eifleber
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yea also noticed that bar swapping is laggy, but in my case the problem only occurs every now and then.

Playing since dec 2019 | PC EU
  • wishlist14
    wishlist14
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Eifleber wrote: »
    Yea also noticed that bar swapping is laggy, but in my case the problem only occurs every now and then.
    Eifleber wrote: »

Ty for your reply it is settling down now could have been my internet plus i was swapping too soon or too often