The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Another what class post, soz

aortisanb16_ESO
aortisanb16_ESO
Soul Shriven
Heya!
I’ve been reading many websites trying to find opinions, but it looks like class balance changes almost every patch, and most i’ve found is at least 1 year old. so instead I’ll just ask for the “fun to play” factor (as long as I still can get groups ofc).

I’m thinking only in pve for now.

I’ve decided I want to go for Magicka and healing at end game. So probably lvling mag to get the feel of it.

I’ve narrowed my class selection to Warden and Templar (with an open mind to Necro).

What class would you recommend me?

Thanks a lot in advance for your answers.
Edited by aortisanb16_ESO on April 19, 2020 10:07PM

Best Answers

• thadjarvis
    thadjarvis
    ✭✭✭✭
    You are correct, by the time you get to a point in which the DPS meta matters it will likely change.
    As far as healing, they are currently the top 3 choices. That tends to be somewhat more stable.

For fun factor, I would say to role both Warden and Templar up to say level 40 and see which you like more. I just shy away from Necro as most players I know (including myself) are just annoyed with the dysfunction skill casting on magcro DPS such that we all prefer to play other classes from a fun perspective.
    Answer ✓
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree with @thadjarvis, those 3 are the best choices for healers. Templar is primarily offensive, boosting everyone’s Spell Damage with Minor Sorcery and debuffing enemy resistances with Power of the Light. Warden is more defensive, increasing the group’s max health and armor.

Necromancer has a decent healing line, but IMO it’s mostly a good choice for healers because the DPS skills are so buggy. You need 2-3 Necros to optimize a trial group, and healers do not have to use frustrating skills like Blastbones and Siphon, so it is less painful and allows a DPS to play another class. However if you want to be able to play DPS too, I cannot recommend Necromancer in its current state.

Warden also tends to struggle a little with DPS, although it’s not too far behind this patch. So if you want to be able to swap between damage and heals, I’d probably go with Templar. For pure healing from start to end, go with Warden. And if you want to really be a team player then Necro.
    Answer ✓
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    For general PvE solo activities, Templar is the most fun of those three and Necro the least.

Necro's problems include picky corpse management, some stupid animations, and the annoyance of the criminal-act mechanic.

Templars have great self-healing that lets you relax, strong AoE, a lot of cool damage skills to choose from, at least one great animation, and Repentance.

In groups, Templar lets you choose between ranged and close-up fighting styles.

Templar is also the best class for your first healer.
    Edited by FrancisCrawford on April 20, 2020 3:52PM
    Answer ✓
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since i still dont know many people ingame to get a fun experience lvling as a healer, I'll start with a mag templar and see what i decide at around lvl 40.

It's a lot easier to level up to 50 as a DPS, @aortisanb16_ESO, while still keeping Restoration Staff on one of your bars.

Remember to just have the Restoration Staff active when turning in quests or at the end of killing a boss (to get it leveled). ;)
    Answer ✓
  • aortisanb16_ESO
    aortisanb16_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Very nice constructive answers.
    I really apreciate your help.

Since i still dont know many people ingame to get a fun experience lvling as a healer, I'll start with a mag templar and see what i decide at around lvl 40.
    Last time I played a few years ago, i lvled a stam warden to 29, so I more or less remember the feel of the spells.

Thanks for the tips!
  • Destai
    Destai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Templar healer is the gold standard. They have so many raw heals and you get that whole cleric-y feel to them, it's fun. I've been debating switching my warden from stamina to magicka to try out healing on them as well. I leveled my sorc and necro as healers, and I actually rather enjoyed sorc healing. I found their resource management and damage mitigation was solid. Necro healer is cool, but I find the corpse management can get a bit tedious.