The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

PS4 NA Issues

codierussell
codierussell
✭✭✭✭
There have been a ton of issues as of late and have been progressively worse since Harrowstorm was released.

1. Stamina morph of blastbones isn't working. The skill will just grey out on the skill bar and am unable to use until I bar swap. This has been a consistent issue in all content to the point that I do not play the class anymore. Crystal fragments from the sorcerer's skill line also has this issue but is less common.

2. There is a issue where you are unable to use skills at all and has been getting a lot more common as of late. Basically any skill you use will start an animation but then quickly stop without going off. Then for some reason it starts draining your stamina even though the skill is a magicka ability.

3. You cannot use R2 to rapidly dismount. After creating new character the hints still say either L2 or R2 could be used but it isn't working correctly. After making an off-cycle PTS to make the game more "intuitive" then have an issue that contradicts the hints in the leveling up process is extremely worrying.

4. Extreme lag spikes and disconnects are at an all time high. It is almost guaranteed that in any trial you will have at least a few disconnects.

There are many more but this is what comes to mind thinking of major issues. With the Greymoor chapter coming out are any of these going to be even addressed? I have a tough time justifying keeping my subscription and paying for this new chapter when you can't even quest in low populated areas anymore.

Here is a video showcasing the first two points I made.
https://youtu.be/cl8g6-TfpYA
  • CassandraGemini
    CassandraGemini
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Considering your second point: I get that one a lot, too (I'm on PS4 EU, though, it's just the same there). This seems to be the "Sprint bug"; it happens when you enter combat from sprinting, but the game somehow doesn't recognize correctly that you're not sprinting anymore, but in combat now. Skills won't go off properly, but you'll see your stamina decrease, even though you used a magicka skill. It's really annoying, but it seems to mostly be remedied, if you sprint again. Just stop attacking for a moment and sprint a few meters, then try again. It should work (or at least it does for me in most cases).

Hope this helps with at least one of these issues :)
    This poor little Bosmer stealth passive had passionate friends and a big loving family!

• CleymenZero
    CleymenZero
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There have been a ton of issues as of late and have been progressively worse since Harrowstorm was released.

1. Stamina morph of blastbones isn't working. The skill will just grey out on the skill bar and am unable to use until I bar swap. This has been a consistent issue in all content to the point that I do not play the class anymore. Crystal fragments from the sorcerer's skill line also has this issue but is less common.

2. There is a issue where you are unable to use skills at all and has been getting a lot more common as of late. Basically any skill you use will start an animation but then quickly stop without going off. Then for some reason it starts draining your stamina even though the skill is a magicka ability.

3. You cannot use R2 to rapidly dismount. After creating new character the hints still say either L2 or R2 could be used but it isn't working correctly. After making an off-cycle PTS to make the game more "intuitive" then have an issue that contradicts the hints in the leveling up process is extremely worrying.

4. Extreme lag spikes and disconnects are at an all time high. It is almost guaranteed that in any trial you will have at least a few disconnects.

There are many more but this is what comes to mind thinking of major issues. With the Greymoor chapter coming out are any of these going to be even addressed? I have a tough time justifying keeping my subscription and paying for this new chapter when you can't even quest in low populated areas anymore.

Here is a video showcasing the first two points I made.
    https://youtu.be/cl8g6-TfpYA

How is this or discussed more. I'm playing stam necro to help the group I lrogress with with colossus and alkosh in some situations and this is making me hate the game so much.

I can cast bb every 4+ shots or not at all until I barswap...
  • PizzaCat82
    PizzaCat82
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Also having this issue with Stam Necro. Skills not working, Stamina not recharging, hits not registering. This needs to be fixed ASAP PS4 NA.
  • LeHarrt91
    LeHarrt91
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Many of the Input Delays for skills are not just Necromancer specific, every class is experiencing this and they are "Looking into it"
    One thing i have noticed is that Blastbones (at least the Stamina Morph) will often snare me.
    PS NA 1800+ CP
    Have played all classes.
    Warden Main

• katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I don’t know if the skills not firing are because of a “sprint bug”. I have a stamplar in PvP and I try not to sprint too much because it eats up my resource pool. I can be moving around battling players or NPCs for some time and then the skills stop working some time later. I see a lot of lag with the Magicka skills I use like POTL especially, and stamina skills like jabs and the s&b gap closing skill are the ones that glitch out on me.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• CassandraGemini
    CassandraGemini
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don’t know if the skills not firing are because of a “sprint bug”. I have a stamplar in PvP and I try not to sprint too much because it eats up my resource pool. I can be moving around battling players or NPCs for some time and then the skills stop working some time later. I see a lot of lag with the Magicka skills I use like POTL especially, and stamina skills like jabs and the s&b gap closing skill are the ones that glitch out on me.

No, the sprint bug is not always responsible for skills not going off. Who knows what is at this point, really. You'll notice it more on a magicka character, when suddenly your skills will begin their animation, but then just stop and no damage is done. And you'll see that they seem to use stamina instead of magicka (or rather that your stamina keeps going down, no matter what you do). That's the "sprint bug". When you sprint again for just a little, it'll normalize.

But, of course, that's just a small consolation because it only works in this specific case. Everything else, well... we all know how performance has been for months now. :/
    This poor little Bosmer stealth passive had passionate friends and a big loving family!