The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Class Change Token - Why it will never happen now.

AlexWaff
AlexWaff
✭✭✭
Why? Becuase why sell class change tokens and allow people to change the class of their main they've spent a lot of time on to a class they enjoy more (look at you, poor nightblades), when you can make way more money by selling everything you've already achieved for other characters in small, expensive pachages? Wait a while, you'll see crafting skill lines, research, achievements (one by one, or maybe category by category?), recipes, motifs etc. get added the same way as skill lines and skyshards.

You want class change? Make the class you want and buy all the stuff of your main on them, stop whining - the community itself enabled this by shutting down people asking for this over the years. But great news, you might still get faction change tokens!

I hate my class and I would rather never play than have to suffer as a boring nightblade another day. Yet here I am. Making it worse for myself day by day, adding more research, more map completion, more achievements to the main that's a class I'll never be able to change, and never enjoy.
  • Hanokihs
    Hanokihs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Or you can roll a new character and invest that time into making that one your new main, since you hate the one you have so much.
    "I haven't really played much yet, but lemme tell you all about how the game should include X and be a lot more like Y!" - Half the posters on this forum.
    "I've been here for years, and lemme tell you all about how they should never change or evolve Z, because then the game would be ruined forever." - The other half of posters on this forum.
  • AlexWaff
    AlexWaff
    ✭✭✭
    Hanokihs wrote: »
    Or you can roll a new character and invest that time into making that one your new main, since you hate the one you have so much.

Whole point is that I have not the patience nor desire to re-do all of that stuff on a new character, plus the fact I'm wasting all of that time I spent on the main by switching over, and wasting even more catching up. But that's why their approach is so lucrative - I want to play something not a nightblade? I'll but each of those skill lines, each of those researches, each of those achievements and zone completions, and recipes and horse training one by one. Going to spend hundreds on it, as opposed to the what, 20 bucks a class change token would be.
    It's bloody genius.
  • CMDR_Un1k0rn
    CMDR_Un1k0rn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I grew to hate my Nightblade. Big fear was the crafting loss.

"Screw it" I said to myself, and rolled that Nord Dragonknight I should have on my first day. She's already almost caught up after just a few weeks! And actually ahead in PvP... ;)

Far more fun, and when she's caught up to that plucky Redguard Nightblade... I'm deleting the Nightblade.
    In-game username: Un1korn | Happy member of the PCNA UESP guild (Resident Daggerfall Covenant enjoyer) | Main & basically only character: Crucian Vulpin, Imperial Dragonknight of the Daggerfall Covenant, and Undaunted Bulwark (I tank) | Mountain bike enjoyer and vulpine appreciator | If you know me from PCEU: No
  • MusCanus
    MusCanus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    [...]
    ... I'm deleting the Nightblade.

But... why? My nightblade is an absolute badass in crafting and gathering. Not any good at pve or pvp, but picking that flower, mining that ore, doing a writ, he just nails it.
  • kingsirdrmr
    kingsirdrmr
    ✭✭✭
    To mitigate that possibility, I take 100% exp bonus times like anniversary and christmas events and level each class to max, along with trying to get all morphs for abilities and skyshards (not like my mains have much use for 100% exp boosts or grinding past daily tickets). That way the only thing that's missing is achievements, titles, and appearance, but I don't care much for those. I have no desire to stop maining catSorc and warden WW. It keeps 1 of each class handy if I ever wanted to do anything with them like running a new build or on request for certain PvP groups. And if I ever wanted to swap my main, its just an appearance token swap away.
    For the Queen! | PC/NA, Cyrodiil, IC, Quests, CP 2000+[*] Tyaminal-rabi | Khajiiti Sorceress [*] Vita-rabi | Khajiiti Warden werewolf[*] Dr Good-and-Sexy | Argonian Warden[*] the Southern Mare | Redguard Necromancer[*] Sally Two-Horns | Orsimer Nightblade
  • x48rph
    x48rph
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MusCanus wrote: »
    [...]
    ... I'm deleting the Nightblade.

But... why? My nightblade is an absolute badass in crafting and gathering. Not any good at pve or pvp, but picking that flower, mining that ore, doing a writ, he just nails it.

Of course, you need to sneak up on those flowers very quietly so they don't hear you coming, what class could possibly do that better than a nightblade. Granted you can't do that to a player since ZOS even managed to screw up the last tool in their kit and now everything and its cousin pulls you out of cloak but hey, at least you can get those flowers.
  • Destai
    Destai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It'd be a great feature, sure. And it makes sense, all classes have 3 skill lines with the same amount of skills. Easy one-to-one relationship.

If you don't want to start a new class, which at some point you should cut your losses, then try different builds or weapons. Use only weapon skills, guild skills, something. I wish I would have tried that more with the Necro and DK I leveled before deleting them.