The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Lazy Crafter or Crafting Assistant for Consoles

Bignupie1911
Bignupie1911
✭✭✭
Yes, I know it has been discussed before and some think its a horrible idea. But IMO we need this and since it exists as an addon for PC why not fully add to ESO as an assistant. I'm ok with crafting but it takes a lot of time and this would be a huge in game QOL increase.

Does the current add-on complete/pick up your crafting surveys? This would be a great add to that assistant if it does not.
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The add-on absolutely does NOT complete or pick up surveys... Nor do I think ZoS would ever include that functionality in the API to allow it to happen.

Adding that to an assistant (that you buy from the crown store) would probably be too Pay To Win to be implemented.
    Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    The Unchained - Bedlam's Disciple - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
    61,215 achievement points
  • tim99
    tim99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    tmbrinks wrote: »
    The add-on absolutely does NOT complete or pick up surveys... Nor do I think ZoS would ever include that functionality in the API to allow it to happen.

Adding that to an assistant (that you buy from the crown store) would probably be too Pay To Win to be implemented.

Why would that be pay to win at all? you just run to a place and pick up resources. If at all, its pay-to-get-rich.

To be pay to win, it has to be the case, that ONLY the assisant can pick up surveys, and you dont have any chance by yourself any more, to pick them up without that assistant. but even this is not pay to win, i just realize. you dont "win" if you have some crafting mats.
    to be real pay to win, there should be a gear, which is absolutely much better than EVERY existing gear, which can ONLY be crafted from mats which were picked up by this assistant (which in only available in crownstore). i agree, that this would be pay to win, and i dont like it.

But i'm totally in with an assistant who supports my lazyness and pick these annoying surveys up for me :disappointed::DB)
    but as much as i would love it, i'm sure it will never exist, so dont worry ;)
  • mikejezz
    mikejezz
    ✭✭✭✭
    Pc is just the more convenient platform. If you want addons, it's the pc version you're gonna play.
  • Wandering_Immigrant
    Wandering_Immigrant
    ✭✭✭✭
    Time management is a huge part of these kinds of games. Prioritizing your activities plays a big part in the progression of your character, I don't see any reason why someone who can't be bothered to collect surveys should get the same payout as someone who's willing to prioritize farming mats over say another dungeon run for gear.

Now if they were to implement an exchange system where you could trade in your surveys for the standard supply crate, I think that would be a fair compromise. They could add the option to the master writ NPCs.
  • Dusk_Coven
    Dusk_Coven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    If the platforms are ever going to play together, then it's mandatory that either consoles get the same convenience, or something else is done to level the playing field, such as restricting daily writs to once per account per type. (Although there would still be the issue of some PC players being way ahead, not just in materials and writs and surveys but things like anniversary box rewards).

If not, the separate economies can remain separate, although it's harder for ZOS to balance things because of the disparity. It's like if PC can do animation cancelling but Console can't, so how would ZOS use the same balancing methodology for both platforms?
    Edited by Dusk_Coven on April 20, 2020 7:37AM
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dusk_Coven wrote: »
    If the platforms are ever going to play together, then it's mandatory that either consoles get the same convenience, or something else is done to level the playing field, such as restricting daily writs to once per account per type. (Although there would still be the issue of some PC players being way ahead, not just in materials and writs and surveys but things like anniversary box rewards).

If not, the separate economies can remain separate, although it's harder for ZOS to balance things because of the disparity. It's like if PC can do animation cancelling but Console can't, so how would ZOS use the same balancing methodology for both platforms?

There was a video going around showing a guy doing a parse on a Guitar Hero controller and animation cancelling while doing an 80k+ dummy parse. I think console is good there :wink:
    Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    The Unchained - Bedlam's Disciple - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
    61,215 achievement points
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Time management is a huge part of these kinds of games. Prioritizing your activities plays a big part in the progression of your character, I don't see any reason why someone who can't be bothered to collect surveys should get the same payout as someone who's willing to prioritize farming mats over say another dungeon run for gear.

As someone who is diligent about getting surveys, this is my thought too.

Players who can't be bothered to collect surveys shouldn't get a free pass in the form of an "assistant" or trade-in for a "supply crate".

The player laziness is surprising to a certain extent ... as each survey is at least 120 raw mats for the equipment crafts (sometimes more with the Plentiful Harvest passive unlocked in the Lover constellation).
  • Wandering_Immigrant
    Wandering_Immigrant
    ✭✭✭✭

As someone who is diligent about getting surveys, this is my thought too.

Players who can't be bothered to collect surveys shouldn't get a free pass in the form of an "assistant" or trade-in for a "supply crate".

The player laziness is surprising to a certain extent ... as each survey is at least 120 raw mats for the equipment crafts (sometimes more with the Plentiful Harvest passive unlocked in the Lover constellation).

Oh I fully agree, even if they introduced the crate thing I'd still be one to go harvest my surveys. I actually enjoy doing my surveys I find it relaxing. I have to be in the mood for it of course, but that goes for everything, MMOs need activities like that it can't just be all action all the time.

For clarity though, what I mean by "supply crates" is literally just the supply crates you get for doing writs when you don't get a survey. The ones that have like 15 raw mats in them. That wouldn't bother me.
  • Dusk_Coven
    Dusk_Coven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    tmbrinks wrote: »
    Dusk_Coven wrote: »

There was a video going around showing a guy doing a parse on a Guitar Hero controller and animation cancelling while doing an 80k+ dummy parse. I think console is good there :wink:

[snip]

Realistically the economies and drops probably are out of whack in comparison. The only reason they sort of don't have to have different methodologies is because console and pc are separated at the moment. When people can get 18 x 7 anniversary bags per day with good chance of motifs and rare mats compared to console or anyone who doesn't know about the addon (and doesn't want to buy lots of toons), it's actually probably out of control.
    Motifs locked behind hard content or DLCs not normally accessible become commonplace, for one thing, in part defeating the purpose (even though yes you can buy those motifs off the guild stores anyway). A small number of goodies once a year is fine but completing whole collections is probably not entirely intended.
    But it's fine for them to just leave it like this because it's not combat. There'd be a forum meltdown if they tried to give away a vMA weapon even with the rarity of Aetherial Dust in Anniversary Bags.

[edited baiting comment]
    Edited by ZOS_RogerJ on April 21, 2020 2:18PM
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The lack of the things listed in the title on console don’t bother me in the least.

What console needs most is an actual interface at the crafting stations so we can see what is on the daily crafting writ or master writ that we need to create when at the crafting station.

It is appalling that this most basic thing is not present. I am still carrying around a legendary weapon that I mistakenly crafted as Elder Argonian instead of Argonian for a master writ in the hopes that I might someday come across a master writ that requires it. Deconning it for the chance of one gold temper is depressing.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• Dusk_Coven
    Dusk_Coven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Edited by Dusk_Coven on April 22, 2020 6:31AM
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I want gathering surveys to be easier. I had to log in and log out for one in Wrothgar recently because getting back to the spot with the spawns was only reachable from dropping down to it.

Let me reset the nodes easily, such as by clicking on the survey when all the nodes for the previous one have been claimed. I should not have to log out and back in or figure out how far to run away and back to get it to respawn (which only works in some cases).
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Of course we should have much of the other functionality in these addons in the game on the consoles.

Anything that is a "mandatory addon" should be part of the game.
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • jpl7340
    jpl7340
    ✭✭✭
    I would really appreciate being able to stow my surveys away in my crafting bag.
  • Hotdog_23
    Hotdog_23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Survey bag as an ESO + perk.

Since I have 18 characters and play them all in varying levels and time spent on each one. What I want is a survey bag so all my characters can collect them as they travel in Tamerial and not only on the character carrying the surveys.

The time saving part from the videos I have seen is the time saving form actually completing the writs once at a station and not having to actually scroll and select the item and create each item one at a time. Then open the storage containers you get from the writs. Which looks to cut the time by at least 50% if not 75% of the overall time to complete writs.

Wish they would add a complete writs button to the UI to give console players some equal footing as our PC brothers and sisters.