The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Target Stats for Battlegrounds?

technohic
technohic
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Anyone know good numbers stat-wise to shoot for in No CP battlegrounds? Health, main stat, weapon/spell power, crit resist, and recovery and anything else?

I might finally try some but not sure I really want to or just looking for a fix. I didn't leave 16 man PvP to come to ESO for large scale to wind up only playing 12 man PvP. I could just search for builds but then that would take away the other thing I like about this game in making my own builds so just acceptable stats would be great.
Edited by technohic on April 17, 2020 12:32PM
  • Bashev
    Bashev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Proc sets are very powerful in no CP as they cost nothing and bring a lot of damage/mitigation/healing.

I recommend if you do 1 mil damage then I try to do at least 300k cross healing.
    Because I can!
  • Kidgangster101
    Kidgangster101
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    technohic wrote: »
    Anyone know good numbers stat-wise to shoot for in No CP battlegrounds? Health, main stat, weapon/spell power, crit resist, and recovery and anything else?

I might finally try some but not sure I really want to or just looking for a fix. I didn't leave 16 man PvP to come to ESO for large scale to wind up only playing 12 man PvP. I could just search for builds but then that would take away the other thing I like about this game in making my own builds so just acceptable stats would be great.

Proc sets aren't king don't listen to him. I love sets that give more base stats. If you have skill that is > any proc set. It really depends on your class. Are you magic or stam? Each class can be made different and unique in their own way.
  • Bashev
    Bashev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Proc sets aren't king don't listen to him. I love sets that give more base stats. If you have skill that is > any proc set. It really depends on your class. Are you magic or stam? Each class can be made different and unique in their own way.

Whatever you say. No stats can give the damage boost from Ice furnace for example. Yes you can make a nice build and kill potatoes but the moment you reach high MMR (I am waiting now 10-15 minutes) and you will hit the wall.

I dont defend or advertise the proc sets. I just want to say that they are too strong in noCP. All proc sets utility/damage and healing give you way more than 900 spell damage o 900 weapon damage that you can get for example.
    Because I can!
  • MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bashev wrote: »

Whatever you say. No stats can give the damage boost from Ice furnace for example. Yes you can make a nice build and kill potatoes but the moment you reach high MMR (I am waiting now 10-15 minutes) and you will hit the wall.

I dont defend or advertise the proc sets. I just want to say that they are too strong in noCP. All proc sets utility/damage and healing give you way more than 900 spell damage o 900 weapon damage that you can get for example.

I almost never have proc sets in my death recap in high MMR BGs on Xbox NA. I also don't use them and still perform very well.
    “There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.”
  • Kidgangster101
    Kidgangster101
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I almost never have proc sets in my death recap in high MMR BGs on Xbox NA. I also don't use them and still perform very well.

Yep I barely use proc sets in no cp and I preform perfectly fine. My only proc set is usually bloodspawn or maybe a monster set but most of monster sets are proc chances. But trust me proc sets aren't the end all be all people think they are.
  • MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Really the only proc sets i see in death recaps are zaans, grothdar, and caluurions. Even then, were talking 5-10% of my recaps.
    Proc sets are very powerful in no CP as they cost nothing and bring a lot of damage/mitigation/healing.

They costs max stats, relying on proc conditions, down time, less controllability, etc.

With that said, some defensive proc sets are actually the BIS. Bloodspawn and Troll King come to mind. As far as offensive proc sets go, you'll run into trouble if you rely on them for damage. The best offensive proc sets are ones you can control and back bar, bringing a buff/debuff to your front bar, like Way of Air or Clever Alchemist.
    “There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.”
  • Lole
    Lole
    ✭✭✭

Did you ever test Winterborn ? I am very curious about this one since a while xD
  • Urzigurumash
    Urzigurumash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Let's just say damage proc sets give flat damage sets a run for their money in BGs. They're worth a try, overall it's about a wash in my experience. Some, like Plague Slinger or Morkuldin, can be particularly fun since they can earn kills even after you die, but you'll probably see an overall improvement to offense with NMA instead of either of those. If you make a niche build with that damage proc as a central component of your offense, you can outperform NMA when things go right.

Anyhow the only thing I can say regarding stats for non-StamDKs: it's exceptionally rare to see vet BGs players with less than 20k health, or more than 25k. The vast majority are right around 22k health. Even if I'm going for an especially tanky build, anything over 30k feels like a waste, but there are some good guard tanks that run 40k+.

Crit Resist: 5 impen mandatory, 7 impen recommended. A sturdy shield can fly if you use a shield, but I still prefer impen. Impregnable might be good for a guard tank or healer, but I don't know if it's as popular for balanced builds as it used to be. Transmutation is probably as solid a choice Healers in BGs as it is for Cyro, but I'm not sure.
    Xbox NA AD / Day 1 ScrubDK / Wood Orc Cuisine Enthusiast
  • UrbanMonk
    UrbanMonk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In general, I find 22-24k a decent for health, about 30k+ max mag with 2k recovery and 15k+ stam for mag classes. But it can't be so generalised as I have because these stats depend on your class/ race/gear etc. For example, on a Breton Magplar I'll be fine with less recovery compared to a MagDK.

So in general, I'd reccomend, for you to start playing with a decent setup, and then from there change it as you play more and more and find anything unnecessary or missing from the build.
    There is no one size fill all kind of stats.
    Urban.Monk

-Monk I- Magden- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
    -Tsürügi- MagBlade- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
    -Bantam Bomber- MagPlar- AVA28
    -Hot Nöödle- MagDK - AVA37
    -Pablo Necrobar- StamCro- AVA24

youtube.com/c/UrbanMonkGaming
    Easiest mDK for vMA and vVH- https://youtu.be/dUxQO1FO1XQ

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    Balance for the Sake of Balance is no Balance at all.
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Let's just say damage proc sets give flat damage sets a run for their money in BGs. They're worth a try, overall it's about a wash in my experience. Some, like Plague Slinger or Morkuldin, can be particularly fun since they can earn kills even after you die, but you'll probably see an overall improvement to offense with NMA instead of either of those. If you make a niche build with that damage proc as a central component of your offense, you can outperform NMA when things go right.

Anyhow the only thing I can say regarding stats for non-StamDKs: it's exceptionally rare to see vet BGs players with less than 20k health, or more than 25k. The vast majority are right around 22k health. Even if I'm going for an especially tanky build, anything over 30k feels like a waste, but there are some good guard tanks that run 40k+.

Crit Resist: 5 impen mandatory, 7 impen recommended. A sturdy shield can fly if you use a shield, but I still prefer impen. Impregnable might be good for a guard tank or healer, but I don't know if it's as popular for balanced builds as it used to be. Transmutation is probably as solid a choice Healers in BGs as it is for Cyro, but I'm not sure.
    UrbanMonk wrote: »
    In general, I find 22-24k a decent for health, about 30k+ max mag with 2k recovery and 15k+ stam for mag classes. But it can't be so generalised as I have because these stats depend on your class/ race/gear etc. For example, on a Breton Magplar I'll be fine with less recovery compared to a MagDK.

So in general, I'd reccomend, for you to start playing with a decent setup, and then from there change it as you play more and more and find anything unnecessary or missing from the build.
    There is no one size fill all kind of stats.

Thanks guys. That's sort of what I was thinking of. Max healt/stats obviously a little lower without the CP boost and then in CP, I usually run about 3200 crit resist and there is no way to really get close to this in no CP without sets.