The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

How to Install AddOns

mainmanM
mainmanM
I downloaded Minion and it auto-found 2 supposed Live folders. Downloaded the same mods in each; nothing appeared when I loaded up the game. Granted, I have 3 locations for ESO files.. One in C/Users; one in Z/ESO; one in Z/Launcher. So I even made another Live folder in Z/Launcher. No avail.

I'm sure it's an obvious tech mistake but SOS. Thank you!
  • mainmanM
    mainmanM
    Well, I managed to work it out upon resetting some folders and whatnot. Now the issue is 5/6 that I downloaded from Minion are out of date and don't work--only the MiniMap AddOn works :s What a life.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, your mistake is having multiple folders or installs.

Is only one of these the game you play? I ask hoping the answer is yes. If so, delete all of the other ones or rename them if you want to keep them for some reason.

Also, there is a executable folder that contains the games assets. That is usually in Program Files or a Steam Library. Thing is, your addons need to go into the folder in Documents/Elder Scrolls Online/Live/Addons and have one active install to use.

Minion should have created that Addons folder for you, if not the game when you installed it. Putting your Addons anywhere else is over complicating things
    Edited by Nestor on April 16, 2020 1:54AM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mainmanM wrote: »
    Well, I managed to work it out upon resetting some folders and whatnot. Now the issue is 5/6 that I downloaded from Minion are out of date and don't work--only the MiniMap AddOn works :s What a life.

Most Addons that are out of date are just fine. It is a Version Missmatch, nothing more. 75% of my addons are out of date. What you do need to make sure of is your grabbing the Lib Files that the addons need. The page at ESOUI will tell you, or the Addons screen where you select your character. Check the box that says allow out of date.

Now, don't go adding a bunch at once. Add one or two, try the game. If it loads without LUI errors, then you are good to go.

But make sure you have all the Lib Files that is the really tricky part
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Baertram
    Baertram
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The easiest way to determine the correct folder for your addons is to login and then logout.
    Search your harddives (normally it is C:) for the filename AddOnSettings.txt or UserSettings.txt and if you find multiple take the one with the newest change date AND time.
    In this folder, where the file was found, should exist a subfolder AddOns.
    The folder normally will be something like this:
    c:\users...\documents\edler scrolls online\live

And then install your addons into this folder, like described here:
    https://www.esoui.com/forums/faq.php?faq=install#faq_howto_install
  • Xologamer
    Xologamer
    ✭✭✭✭
    https://minion.mmoui.com/
    just install easiest way allover
    Edited by Xologamer on April 20, 2020 4:56PM
  • daim
    daim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please follow Baertram instuctions.
    ""I am that which grips the heart in fright, hearkens night and silences the light." It was written on my sword, long…long ago." ―Ajunta Pall
    PC|EU