The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

How to craft different "styles" within the same motif?

lethality_ESO
lethality_ESO
✭✭✭
So, I'm a Nord and of course know the Nord crafting style by default.

When I examine the "outfit styles" (which I understand are learned when you learn a motif, but not the other way around)? I see 4 Nord "styles" per piece...

For example, I created a heavy girdle in Blacksmithing. It created what is "style 3" in the Outfit pages.

But I see there are 3 other styles of Nord heavy girdles.

Is there a way to choose these during crafting? Or must they be post-applied after crafting?
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the only way to select one of those alternate styles is to apply them to your outfit after the fact for a cost in gold. And they can be applied on top of any style, so the item doesn't even need to be crafted in the Nord style.
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • Ilsabet
    Ilsabet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    SeaGtGruff wrote: »
    I think the only way to select one of those alternate styles is to apply them to your outfit after the fact for a cost in gold. And they can be applied on top of any style, so the item doesn't even need to be crafted in the Nord style.

This is correct.

For styles that have multiple "tiers," the appearance you get is determined by the materials used to craft the item (which is related to the level of the gear). I believe level 36 and up will be tier 4, so that would make 1-14 tier 1, 16-24 tier 2, and 26-34 tier 3.

Knowing that, you can use the outfit system preview to see what your crafted gear will look like, and if you prefer a different appearance, you can use the outfit system to override the appearance of the crafted gear.
    Ilsabet Menard - DC Breton Nightblade archer - Savior of Pretty Much Everything, Grand Overlord & Empress Nubcakes
    Katarin Auclair - DC Breton Warden healer & ice mage
    My characters and their overly elaborate backstories
    Ilsabet's Headcanon
    The Adventures of Torbyrn Windchaser - Breaking the Ice & Ashes to Ashes
    PC NA
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    During crafting, you'd have to use lower tier materials to get those styles, which makes them useless for any character that outleveled that gear. Practically speaking, you'll have to use the Outfit system if you want to use the lower tier styles.