Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Hero Costumes

MadEmperorMike
Has anyone taken an interest in the hero armors that are on the crown store right now? I’ve been thinking of the Nord hero costume personally but I’m not sure if it’s worth it. I’m wondering what everyone else is thinking. Also if anyone knows the dye palette for the Nord hero costume and what areas are dyed once colored, that’d be awesome.
  • Cameron991
    Cameron991
    ✭✭✭✭
    I personally refuse to get any, I don’t like the way they fit. If they looked how they did in the cinematic I’d love it! But the Breton hero cloak looks like a dress and the cape doesn’t move or look cool at all. The nord looked so cool in trailer but he doesn’t have the cape and the outfit looks weird without it. I can’t lie the high elf one doesn’t look bad at all imo. So to me it’s not worth it but if you really like it I think you should go for it
  • Cirantille
    Cirantille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Well I got the Elven one instantly

It looks great
  • RPGplayer13579
    RPGplayer13579
    ✭✭✭✭
    I bought the DC and AD costumes. The DC costume for a future character and the AD costume for a current character. No plans to buy the EP costume even though I do have EP characters.
    My Characters.

Mike Snow - Imperial - Templar - One-Handed and Shield - Tank - Daggerfall Covenant - Commander.
    Catelyn Rivers - Breton - Sorcerer - Destruction Staff - Daggerfall Covenant - Telvanni Magister.
    Ashara Sand - Redguard - Warden - Two-Handed/One-Handed and Shield - Daggerfall Covenant - Heroic.
    Tormund gro-Largash - Orsimer - Dragonknight - Two-Handed - Daggerfall Covenant - Furious.
    Lysa Rivers - Breton - Nightblade - Bow/One-Handed and Shield - Vampire - Daggerfall Covenant - Brassy Assassin.

Jon Karstark - Nord - Dragonknight - Two-Handed - Ebonheart Pact - Drunk.
    Arya Sand - Dunmer - Dragonknight - Dual Wield - Ebonheart Pact - Assassin.
    Sansa Snow - Impeial - Warden - Destruction Staff/One-Handed and Shield - Ebonheart Pect - Swashbuckler.
    Jojen Reed-Walker - Argonian - Templar - Restoration Staff - Healer - Ebonheart Pact - Melancholy.
    Alys Karstark - Nord - Nightblade - Bow/Dual Wield - Ebonheart Pact - Minstrel.

Nymeria Woods - Bosmer - Nightblade - Bow - Aldmeri Dominion - Thief.
    Brandon Wings - Altmer - Templar - Restoration Staff - Healer - Aldmeri Dominion - Scholar.
    Lyanna Flowers - Altmer - Sorcerer - Sword/Destruction Staff - Aldmeri Dominion - Duchess.
    Marvolo-jo Riddle - Khajiit - Necromancer - Destruction Staff - Aldmeri Dominion - Deadlands Firewalker.
    Obara Woods - Bosmer - Templar - Bow - Werewolf - Aldmeri Dominion - Cheerful.

• jm42
    jm42
    ✭✭✭✭
    For me only Elven hero looks nice, but that metal plates on the hand are too huge and ridiculos for me. So I won't buy it
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All that really matters is whether you like them on your characters.

I have no intention of buying any of them, but only because I don't think they'd suit my characters. Also I prefer costumes which don't look like armour. I tend to use my actual armour (or outfit) in combat and costumes for 'down time' so I like ones which look like what NPCs wear in cities.

You can see an example of the nord costume dyed here: https://eso.mmo-fashion.com/nord-hero/#
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not thrilled with any of them for any of my characters. They just don't fit anyone's story. As Danikat said, if you like them go for them. I don't see them around on people much, so you might have a bit of "special" there.
  • scorpius2k1
    scorpius2k1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Has anyone taken an interest in the hero armors that are on the crown store right now? I’ve been thinking of the Nord hero costume personally but I’m not sure if it’s worth it. I’m wondering what everyone else is thinking. Also if anyone knows the dye palette for the Nord hero costume and what areas are dyed once colored, that’d be awesome.

They look alright, but could be better considering what they advertise it to look like versus what it actually looks like in-game.

Hard pass though. The fact that the game engine (Hero) used in ESO can't even animate simple things like hair and cloth effects is a deal breaker. Really shows its limitations. If you look at the cloth parts that hang down by the legs on the Breton Hero, they stick and appeared "glued" to your legs with any movement. It just looks bad. However, when selling it on social media of course it's fully animated. This "glue" effect also happens with robes, etc. I think World of Warcraft has this same thing still happening from 2004 on their outfits lol. If I'm going to be paying actual cash for a cosmetic I'm going to be picky.

Design your own and get better results, at least appearance-wise.

EDIT: Also, this thread on the "glue" effect => https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/387472/robes-that-are-not-glued-to-our-legs/p1

0lopmz4oi7d01.png
    Edited by scorpius2k1 on April 11, 2020 1:46PM
    🌎 PC/NA
    🐧 Linux (Arch)
    🧑‍💻 ESO Addon Dev
    ⚔️ Stamplar | Magplar | Stamcro | Magsorc | Magcro Healer
  • Aigym_Hlervu
    Aigym_Hlervu
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I have the Nord Hero Armor though I used it for some quite a short time when I was off of my Ordinator duties somewhere away from Morrowind. The Ordinator armor is what suits me the best.
    Edited by Aigym_Hlervu on April 20, 2020 2:38AM
  • barney2525
    barney2525
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Thought the Nord looked better than the elf quite frankly. Neither made me reach for my crowns.

IMHO

:#