Maintenance for the week of May 20:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 20
• NA megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• EU megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC) https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/658773

Problems with mail

HumbleThaumaturge
HumbleThaumaturge
✭✭✭✭
I sure wish the following problems with mail could be fixed.
The first one was not a serious problem until a couple of weeks ago. The second and third have always been problems.
1. Lately, I will log-on to a character and the entire mail folder shows 0 mail. In other words, I cannot see or use any mail items (new or old) in the mail folder. I'm not talking about delays in getting new mail; I'm talking about having no access to any mail at all. This can last for 5 minutes or longer. I have tried switching zones. I have tried logging-on different characters. I have tried reloading the ui. But mail still won't load for a long, long time.
2. Sometimes, I will try to send items as attachments in a mail (for example, items I am selling or items for someone's trait research). I attach the items, fill in the @name at the top, and try to send it . . . but it does not execute the send. Now, typically, this does not last for more than a minute; but it is still annoying.
3. Sometimes, I will be going through new mail and taking attachments . . . when suddenly, I can no longer take attachments or delete mails. Exiting mail and reloading ui typically fixes this; but it is still annoying.

If there are a "work-arounds" for any of these, please let me know. Thanks.
  • Ohtimbar
    Ohtimbar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’ve experienced all of these and they’re long-standing issues seemingly exacerbated by the increased player count during the pandemic. I’m not aware of any workarounds.
    forever stuck in combat
    Options
  • Dusk_Coven
    Dusk_Coven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Sometimes it takes upwards of 5 attempts of opening and closing the mail interface to try to collect even one of the hireling mails. The mail is there. But when I click to collect the items, nothing happens.
    This of course just makes the problem of the hireling mail timer getting pushed forward every single day.

It's time they automated this Hireling collection process completely OUT of the mailing system, which would probably save some stress on it. I imagine some of the mail issues might be caused by the server checking every single character periodically whether each of their up to 5 hirelings is ready to send something.
    Maybe with the Jubilee going on and PC players using Lazy Writ on up to 18 toons... every toon might have a hireling even.
    Edited by Dusk_Coven on April 11, 2020 1:37AM
    Options
  • HumbleThaumaturge
    HumbleThaumaturge
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dusk_Coven wrote: »
    Sometimes it takes upwards of 5 attempts of opening and closing the mail interface to try to collect even one of the hireling mails. The mail is there. But when I click to collect the items, nothing happens.
    This of course just makes the problem of the hireling mail timer getting pushed forward every single day.

It's time they automated this Hireling collection process completely OUT of the mailing system, which would probably save some stress on it. I imagine some of the mail issues might be caused by the server checking every single character periodically whether each of their up to 5 hirelings is ready to send something.
    Maybe with the Jubilee going on and PC players using Lazy Writ on up to 18 toons... every toon might have a hireling even.

You might be on to something with the Hirelings. I did not use any Hirelings until about two weeks ago, and that's when I started having the problem with the mail not loading at all (problem #1 in original post).
    Options
  • Yukon2112
    Yukon2112
    ✭✭✭
    These issues go back to the beta days and going live with the mail issues. I will change zones to force mail.
    Options