The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

As someone who SUPPORTED solo-que BGs...

LinearParadox
LinearParadox
✭✭✭✭✭
I have to say that it's done little-to-nothing to balance the game.
Roughly 4 out of 5 matches are still a landslide victory or loss even without grouping.
Games are still quite commonly one team winning with BOTH other teams sub-100 score, and are very rarely evenly matched for any modicum of fair competition.
If there is any increase in balanced matches, I'm really not seeing it. It's so negligible as to be irrelevant.
The only real difference I see, as someone who played, and still play, BGs almost daily across a variety of classes and specs, is that I can no longer play with friends.

I thought that removing grouping would stop "Pug-stomping" and help to balance games, but I was wrong, and I'm willing to admit that.
Are you, ZoS?
twitch.tv/linearparadox
Benthar the Unkillable - lvl 50 StamDK - AD
High Confessor Celosia - lvl 50 MagDK, AD
Aeolyndra Sunstrider - lvl 50 Magplar Support God, AD
Maldreth Angala - lvl 50 Magicka PetSorc, AD
Veldrosa Wyldwind - lvl 50 StamSorc, AD
M. Night Shatupon - lvl 50 MagBlade, AD
Vestonia Ironhardt - lvl 50 Warden GuardTank, AD
Bone Daddy - lvl 50 Stamcro, AD
Abra Kedaver - lvl 50 Magcro, AD
CP 1100+
  • LukosCreyden
    LukosCreyden
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Something is definitely up with the matchmaking. Teams used to feel quite balanced a lot of the time. Now, half my games I am playing against demi-gods. The majority of the rest of my matches I am playing against people who actually try to run away. I haven't had what I would call a fair match since the change.
    Struggling to find a new class to call home.Please send help.
  • iCaliban
    iCaliban
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow. Congratulations! You finally realized what many of us said prior to this change. Players get farmed by mismatched teams and better players. Not premades.

The idea that there were dozens of premades running around curbstomping people was pure ignorance.

No one was sitting in Q for 40 minutes just to smash people in 5 minute games. As someone who used to premade daily.
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Most of the matches I’m in are waaaay closer. Significantly so. The only lopsided ones happen when there aren’t many people on.

This is a statistic ZOS has on their servers. Whether you’re right or I’m right, they don’t need us to tell them since they’re already monitoring it.
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• Gnortranermara
    Gnortranermara
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's simple:
    • Soloers should be matched against other soloers.
    • Premades should be matched against other premades.

It's really that simple. Queue with 1 or queue with 4. Nothing in-between. (Allowing 2-man duos into the group queue would be feasible, but I have no faith ZOS could code it without breaking the activity finder. Again.)

/topic
  • Joinovikova
    Joinovikova
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have to say that it's done little-to-nothing to balance the game.
    Roughly 4 out of 5 matches are still a landslide victory or loss even without grouping.
    Games are still quite commonly one team winning with BOTH other teams sub-100 score, and are very rarely evenly matched for any modicum of fair competition.
    If there is any increase in balanced matches, I'm really not seeing it. It's so negligible as to be irrelevant.
    The only real difference I see, as someone who played, and still play, BGs almost daily across a variety of classes and specs, is that I can no longer play with friends.

I thought that removing grouping would stop "Pug-stomping" and help to balance games, but I was wrong, and I'm willing to admit that.
    Are you, ZoS?

MAin problem of BGs is total stupid malfunctioning MMR system. This system make groups makes it worse than random matchmaking...
  • Weesacs
    Weesacs
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thogard wrote: »
    Most of the matches I’m in are waaaay closer. Significantly so. The only lopsided ones happen when there aren’t many people on.

This is a statistic ZOS has on their servers. Whether you’re right or I’m right, they don’t need us to tell them since they’re already monitoring it.

I agree with this. Matches are much closer and the teams seem more balanced. Additionally I've seen an influx of new players in games which is refreshing instead of playing the same premades over and over. Also I'm seeing leaderboard scores of over 400k now which wasn't the case before the update so it seems an improvement.

Oh this is PS4 EU btw.
    Edited by Weesacs on April 10, 2020 8:46PM
    High Elf Templar
    PS4 - EU - DC
    Over 37,500 Achievements!
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Most of the time someone was complaining they lost to pre-made groups they were fighting random groups instead. It is an excuse I have seen in PvP matched beyond ESO that we come up with to explain why we lost so badly. Yes, some groups were pre-made but most are not.

Even MMR is only part of it.
  • Danklord
    Danklord
    ✭✭
    Weesacs wrote: »
    Thogard wrote: »

I agree with this. Matches are much closer and the teams seem more balanced. Additionally I've seen an influx of new players in games which is refreshing instead of playing the same premades over and over. Also I'm seeing leaderboard scores of over 400k now which wasn't the case before the update so it seems an improvement.

Oh this is PS4 EU btw.

Playing on EU PC, games are really far between. Its always 1 team stomping. Luckily i have been the stomper a couple of times now. I've played up to 30-40 games now. And im still getting games i just use endless fury and a 11k crit crystal frag to kill someone. Because they apparently join BG with like 15k hp and 10k resistance and be like "ye this is enough."

I don't see how just simply removing premade somehow fixed anything. If you're bad at pvp, you're bad at pvp, premade or not you will be curb stomped every game. There weren't even that many premades. Many times when ppl complained "omg premade again." Then i'd see 1 of the supposed premade in my team, 1 in another and the other 2 nowhere. And my reaction is "huh, guess it wasn't a premade." So alot of the complaints were from bad pvpers wanting an execuse.
  • Paidkilla
    Paidkilla
    ✭✭✭
    8wrRNVjaxT-gRJ9zMexaLqkbJ6MABc6HXkonxlslcrpY9zeJI1yRA1e8ICvH7aNQexsGDKU0NesXHKYFzEmcb09oPIhuBSD_l4rlqqeGJx5pZsO1XW7za7WZX9KlrWJKtvfgrZ0q4_iKWpDRqUYiVxsLxi_Xhw3RRI_gIngpNs9DwhnQEhZfcqPh4UoEj3sKcDszQINeuCorIA3OFUJiwXRRqmoOS91pOfhmRxhym8Dq6qccNBrmCcUJizl2y_JP9kvYBzcm-UnAgYYy8-Ad6gFBIXm4yqtraktfLhS3juFe6_Qsc60N30ifJgUh8_dSVFd1vH_HZebTg7qphxayVaoHQ7mOjAo7D_baXtU9vaPSeoBRXpInyGhVbcY0zp5a3QsfuGCA8O-Qa8FhC0iWyE2nqwQG2byug684ZAFqZkQg-tEAFh-O9AOhZyOmPtEW8gOf2dND-HoOkUOIbmQkl7HDYA2GBLMGMs7Nf7iZRABqVhHUrtk6rrjvRupEp5P1omrjMYVqH1ycLo9OegdBD2f487qbzltwvIciwNYy5YikRodTri3_Pbggh8mJUqv4Qa00JjDU7_ackmbD4eILrx6FeHfud_QQBFMROj9uH-GqKigX6jKWfd4dblqA7tOdm17nhN6TJ8CTVSeo7yTNuDU8EMqpwNfIGpK0Zg_n0GEPq-Pc1rZoTw_GrLpzNg=w885-h1180-no
  • Paidkilla
    Paidkilla
    ✭✭✭
    Paidkilla wrote: »
    8wrRNVjaxT-gRJ9zMexaLqkbJ6MABc6HXkonxlslcrpY9zeJI1yRA1e8ICvH7aNQexsGDKU0NesXHKYFzEmcb09oPIhuBSD_l4rlqqeGJx5pZsO1XW7za7WZX9KlrWJKtvfgrZ0q4_iKWpDRqUYiVxsLxi_Xhw3RRI_gIngpNs9DwhnQEhZfcqPh4UoEj3sKcDszQINeuCorIA3OFUJiwXRRqmoOS91pOfhmRxhym8Dq6qccNBrmCcUJizl2y_JP9kvYBzcm-UnAgYYy8-Ad6gFBIXm4yqtraktfLhS3juFe6_Qsc60N30ifJgUh8_dSVFd1vH_HZebTg7qphxayVaoHQ7mOjAo7D_baXtU9vaPSeoBRXpInyGhVbcY0zp5a3QsfuGCA8O-Qa8FhC0iWyE2nqwQG2byug684ZAFqZkQg-tEAFh-O9AOhZyOmPtEW8gOf2dND-HoOkUOIbmQkl7HDYA2GBLMGMs7Nf7iZRABqVhHUrtk6rrjvRupEp5P1omrjMYVqH1ycLo9OegdBD2f487qbzltwvIciwNYy5YikRodTri3_Pbggh8mJUqv4Qa00JjDU7_ackmbD4eILrx6FeHfud_QQBFMROj9uH-GqKigX6jKWfd4dblqA7tOdm17nhN6TJ8CTVSeo7yTNuDU8EMqpwNfIGpK0Zg_n0GEPq-Pc1rZoTw_GrLpzNg=w885-h1180-no

Seems balanced to me.
  • Danklord
    Danklord
    ✭✭
    So thats what we're doing, okey then. Screenshot_20200409_085757.png
    Screenshot_20200409_121757.png

Doesn't look very balanced to me.
  • Paidkilla
    Paidkilla
    ✭✭✭
    Difference between my pic and yours is, finding one like mine when premades could play, is like finding the holy grail. Now i see pics like mine 1 in 5 games.
  • Danklord
    Danklord
    ✭✭
    Difference between my pic and yours is, finding one like mine when premades could play, is like finding the holy grail. Now i see pics like mine 1 in 5 games.

Except you don't have even ONE ounce of proof to how many teams were actually premades. Most random team i face now they could might aswell have been one. Bring statistics to how many were premade vs non premades, otherwise just drop the "premade" argument. It was an execuse for ppl being bad in pvp to blame it on something else than them.

Just as much as you could argue "every bg had a premade." I can say "there weren't even one premade before this change." And non of us could prove it, only difference is, burden of proof is on the one making the claim. In this case you.
  • Paidkilla
    Paidkilla
    ✭✭✭
    Plenty of people saying matches are more close now, scan the threads. Sorry you have had badluck, But your saying BG's are the same as they were before, Ok, so what do you wan't out of this? I am pretty sure You were a part of Premades before the change, are you going to deny this? Cause if your a solo player before the changes why would you even waste your breath?
  • Danklord
    Danklord
    ✭✭
    Plenty of people saying matches are more close now, scan the threads. Sorry you have had badluck, But your saying BG's are the same as they were before, Ok, so what do you wan't out of this? I am pretty sure You were a part of Premades before the change, are you going to deny this? Cause if your a solo player before the changes why would you even waste your breath?

I duo or solo before. But i would totally put my premade together if i wanted to, but i felt like duo was enough, because i could play with my friend. I don't care about advantages, idk why u guys keep arguing that. It's literally your only argument. But thats what BGs are made for. You gain advantages in many ways, builds, skills, classes, roles etc. Are u gonna streamline that to? Remove all builds, only allowed 1, cuz playing a specific build gives u advantages to. Only allow certain classes or roles and combinations, because if 1 team gets a healer and others don't, they get advantage, gotta close that game then.

Premade was one of them and it was great as it was.
  • MaxJrFTW
    MaxJrFTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    iCaliban wrote: »
    Wow. Congratulations! You finally realized what many of us said prior to this change. Players get farmed by mismatched teams and better players. Not premades.

The idea that there were dozens of premades running around curbstomping people was pure ignorance.

No one was sitting in Q for 40 minutes just to smash people in 5 minute games. As someone who used to premade daily.

This isn't true though. Not gonna mention any names because ESO players take this game too serious, but there were a couple of premades that would queue for hours every morning. If you were stuck in their MMR bracket you'd be put in a game with one of them, I rarely saw both of those premades in the same game, and you were screwed. This went on since late 2018 when these players started playing together, until bgs were made solo queue.

They sure as hell weren't sitting in queue for 40 mins because i wasn't and i saw them in every game. And they were 100% in it for the curbstomping. Why else would you queue for several hours when you're winning every game before the other teams even reach 150 points?
    Edited by MaxJrFTW on April 17, 2020 2:22PM
    "I don't know you, and I don't care to know you."
    ―Ulrich Leland, 3E 433
  • Chrlynsch
    Chrlynsch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Danklord wrote: »
    So thats what we're doing, okey then. Screenshot_20200409_085757.png
    Screenshot_20200409_121757.png

Doesn't look very balanced to me.

Sorry to break it to you, you seam to be the outlier here... the anomaly... the imbalance... I would recommend taking a shot every for every kill you have over deaths, should balance out the score in a game or two.

@mursie knows what's up.

-Caius Whiteclaw

Opps

-Caius Whitefang*

Caius
    Pack Leader of Scourge Alliance- First Fang of Hircine, The Beast of Bruma
    PC NA
  • Kidgangster101
    Kidgangster101
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MaxJrFTW wrote: »

This isn't true though. Not gonna mention any names because ESO players take this game too serious, but there were a couple of premades that would queue for hours every morning. If you were stuck in their MMR bracket you'd be put in a game with one of them, I rarely saw both of those premades in the same game, and you were screwed. This went on since late 2018 when these players started playing together, until bgs were made solo queue.

They sure as hell weren't sitting in queue for 40 mins because i wasn't and i saw them in every game. And they were 100% in it for the curbstomping. Why else would you queue for several hours when you're winning every game before the other teams even reach 150 points?

Stop blaming "premades" the problem is zos mmr system.

This game mode is designed around teamwork and anyone who thinks and different doesn't understand PVP at all it seems.
  • roflcopter
    roflcopter
    ✭✭✭
    I support CP enabled BGs
    Xbox One | NA | AD
    GM - OK LOL
    Warden Stuff
    Ex - Trials Core 1 Runner - Left and couldn't be happier
  • MaxJrFTW
    MaxJrFTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

This game mode is designed around teamwork and anyone who thinks and different doesn't understand PVP at all it seems.

You don't know what you're talking about...
    "I don't know you, and I don't care to know you."
    ―Ulrich Leland, 3E 433
  • Kidgangster101
    Kidgangster101
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You don't know what you're talking about...

Hmmm it's me that doesn't know what I'm talking about? Lol

Let's see here. If zos had you go up and down ranks as you won/loss than someone that has 3 wins would never get paired with people that have 15+ wins...... Yet it's not their mmr system? Why are players that are casual players barely playing BG getting paired against guys on the top of the leaderboards?

I said the BG mode is about teamwork..... If I'm wrong there than why is it that people that stay together and do the objectives of the match win more often? But I don't know what I'm talking about right?

Sorry I didn't think I had to explain simple logic to you but it is the facts weather you want to believe it or not.

Edit: btw aren't you the guy that leaves BG matches if your paired against good players on the other side and you dont recognize your team?
    Edited by Kidgangster101 on April 18, 2020 6:27AM
  • wylievc
    wylievc
    ✭✭✭
    Please just allow us to duo queue in the meantime when you come up with the solution. We all know this game mode is going to be left to rot. Just let us at least play with one friend. I've been waiting patiently since the test change went live. We know now how little premade was the real issue.