Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!

Draugrkin lightning staff drop rate bugged?

VoidCommander
VoidCommander
✭✭✭✭✭
I don’t know if this is intentional, but for some reason after running unhallowed grave literally 50 times I still have yet to have ANYONE in the group get a draugrkin lightning staff.

I’ve gotten two precise frost staves, a flame staff, countless restoration staves, but not once has a lightning staff dropped. What is the deal here? Has anyone received a draugrkin lightning staff at all or did the developers miss it in the drop table?

Best Answer

• Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just curious why you want one. Isn’t this a single target set similar to Spell Strat? You said you already had an Inferno Staff.

On magplar running a draugrkin lightning is still good since it buffs your jabs.

To OP:
    I've had 2 so far so it definitely drops. When farming unhollowed grave make sure to always do the side bosses since the last side boss (the big flesh colossus) can drop weapons and there can be an extra chest in that room as well.

If you're somewhat lucky, you can get 4-5 chests/run in unhollowed grave.
    Edited by Qbiken on April 10, 2020 9:53AM
    Answer ✓
  • VoidCommander
    VoidCommander
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would also like to add that discounting chests and the final bonus boss, the odds of someone in the group getting a lightning staff should be about 1/12.
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just curious why you want one. Isn’t this a single target set similar to Spell Strat? You said you already had an Inferno Staff.
  • Septimus_Magna
    Septimus_Magna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Probably to run it on a support build with the lighting staff on the back bar.
    PC - EU (AD)
    Septimus Mezar - Altmer Sorcerer
    Septimus Rulanir - Orsimer Templar
    Septimus Desmoru - Khajiit Necromancer
    Septimus Iroh - Dunmer Dragon Knight
    Septimus Thragar - Dunmer Nightblade
    Septimus Jah'zar - Khajiit Nightblade
    Septimus Nerox - Redguard Warden
    Septimus Ozurk - Orsimer Sorcerer
  • VoidCommander
    VoidCommander
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To answer everyone saying inferno is better against single target, aoe dots tick twice as fast as single target dots, so they get far more effectiveness out of the draugrkin set. The only single target damage in my 42k (would be 46k with lightning staff) build are my light attacks. Hence my need for a lightning staff.
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Qbiken wrote: »

On magplar running a draugrkin lightning is still good since it buffs your jabs.

To OP:
    I've had 2 so far so it definitely drops. When farming unhollowed grave make sure to always do the side bosses since the last side boss (the big flesh colossus) can drop weapons and there can be an extra chest in that room as well.

If you're somewhat lucky, you can get 4-5 chests/run in unhollowed grave.

Interesting, I don’t use jabs often. Even on Magplar your top 2 sources of damage are both single target: Light Attacks and beam. Then you have Purifying Light, Burning Light, enchant procs, etc. all getting buffed by Inferno. Seems like more than 50% of damage is single target still, not to mention the bonus damage on Wall of Fire and the possibility of the Engulfing Flames debuff increasing all Fire Damage in a group.
  • VoidCommander
    VoidCommander
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @WrathOfInnos
    Just checked my 6 mil parse, and 51.5% of my damage is aoe in nature. Mind you that is with the bar I am on 70% of the time being an inferno staff vice a lightning staff.
  • Eifleber
    Eifleber
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It' s frustrating sometimes. Done 40+ CoA runs and no spellweave Flame staff yet ... :'(

Playing since dec 2019 | PC EU
  • Andre_Noir
    Andre_Noir
    ✭✭✭✭
    Got mine at may be 3d run. The pain for me is the rings
  • VoidCommander
    VoidCommander
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    UPDATE: lightning staves do drop from unhallowed grave. But it is ONLY from chests. I am wondering if ANYONE has ever gotten a draugrkin lightning staff as a BOSS drop in unhallowed grave. I legitimately think it is missing from the drop table.
  • DLow
    DLow
    Soul Shriven
    UPDATE: lightning staves do drop from unhallowed grave. But it is ONLY from chests. I am wondering if ANYONE has ever gotten a draugrkin lightning staff as a BOSS drop in unhallowed grave. I legitimately think it is missing from the drop table.

I got 2 Lightnings from Kjalnar. Also every other draugrkin item except 1h Axe. Did over 200 runs the past 5 days. Might just quit at this point.